Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
06-22-2009, 03:16 AM #1Updated Cydia stuck now boot (apple logo) HELP!!!
I've never had any problems until this..... 3 updates on Cydia and now im stuck on the apple boot. Please help me. How can i stop this.
Thank you in advance.
06-22-2009, 04:17 AM #2
i got the same problem, i think it's because u are running 2.x firmware and the updates were for 3.0
i got the problem while updating my SBsettings, the details does mention that it's 3.0 though
06-22-2009, 05:17 AM #3
How do i get it back up and running? Any back door? Special tricks?
Thanks in advance.
06-22-2009, 06:46 AM #4
This also happened to me; I installed 3.0 (from 2.2.1) on my 3g iPhone on AT&T, then used PwnageTool 3.0 to jailbreak, and it worked great. But when I ran Cydia it prompted me for several updates; I tried to update essential & complete both resulted in errors; something about ncurses. Then I rebooted & got the eternal apple logo boot screen. I had to do a complete restore to 3.0 (or 3.0 jailbroken) to get it to boot properly.
I haven't had time to try much else...any ideas?
06-22-2009, 06:52 AM #5
Same problem. 3 simultaneous updates on Cydia now it's stuck on the Apple boot logo. WTF!
06-22-2009, 07:11 AM #6Nedam Nedanko Says:
June 22nd, 2009 at 3:12 am
If you want your phone unbricked download iFunBox, navigate to raw file system, library, mobile substitute, and delete both sbsettings files. My phone booted after this. There is a major bug in this SB settings version.
DONT UPGRADE untill BigBoss fixes it.
The Following User Says Thank You to celta For This Useful Post:
06-22-2009, 07:53 AM #7
Upgrading sbsettings seems to be the culprit for me also. Not exactly the way I wanted to start my monday morning. Looks like I'm going to have to go home and get the ol Macbook.
06-22-2009, 08:21 AM #8
FOR THOSE STUCK ON APPLE LOGO WHILE UPDATING SBSETTING 3.0 ON 2.2.1! HOW TO UNBRICK YOUR IPHONE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW. CREDITS GO TO THE CELTA FOR THE POST. I JUST GOT MYSELF OUT OF BRICK BY DELETING STUPID SBSETTING. FEW WHAT A RELIEF. THANKS MAN
If you want your phone unbricked download iFunBox, navigate to raw file
system, library, mobile substitute, and delete both sbsettings files. My
phone booted after this. There is a major bug in this SB settings version.
DONT UPGRADE untill BigBoss fixes it.
it seems upgrading sbsettings caused the crash
06-22-2009, 09:00 AM #9
Is there help for mac users?
06-22-2009, 09:06 AM #10
i think they have ifunbox for mac users as well check their website. go to google and type download+ifunbox. it should be the first link. good luck
06-22-2009, 10:06 AM #11
ifuntastic is the mac version. As i tried to follow the steps w/ the ifunbox.... i stumbled into the very 1st step 'coz it claims the iphone is shackled. Help please.
06-22-2009, 10:16 AM #12
MAC OSX - FIXED!!
From my Google searches I was unable to find a mac based browser that works with the iphone stuck on the apple logo.
But there is a way to fix it - you need to put your phone in recovery mode.
You'll have to restore your iphone, you can use the cracked firmware from pwnage tool.
You will loose changes - installed cracked applications - but you should be fine to get your contacts/texts/emails back
1. Open Itunes and connect your iphone
2. Turn off you iphone (hold the lock button and home button)
3. Press the lock button once and as soon as the apple logo shows press and hold the home key
it might take a while but keep holding it then you'll get a screen with the 'connect to itunes' logo
4. your iphone is now in recovery mode, simply click on restore in itunes whilst holding option and you can
load the cracked firmware
5. Now you can restore from a backup to get your contacts / texts / emails back
Problem fixed... If anyone has an easier way to fix it please post.
Last edited by curulli; 06-22-2009 at 10:19 AM.
06-22-2009, 11:09 AM #13
I had the same problem this morning, I had to put my phone on DFU and use redsnow, 'cause it was impossible to turn it off. Redsnow help me to recover the phone to a crappy ****** 3.0, then I had to restore again to 3.0 on itunes and again used redsnow (0.7.1, not the latest version).
06-22-2009, 12:58 PM #14
The same thing happened to me. I usually check Cydia b4 I go to work every AM and updated sbsettings... my phone's been cycling since about 7AM. I cant wait to get home and try Delusion's solution. I was thinking about 3.0 but I wanted to back up my music and apps and sources etc.
Hope it works!!!
06-22-2009, 01:01 PM #15
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO RESTORE IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING THIS PROBLEM!!
Delete the files /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/SBSettings.dylib off your device and reboot.
Here are some ways you can do that:
1) SSH or SCP in and delete them. Here is the how to ssh guide. For SCP, navigate in to /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries folder and just delete the file.
2) In SSH prompt, type rm -f /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries. Note, using SSH or SCP, your device will reboot every 10 minutes as springboard crashes and watchdog timer reboots it. You will need to be patient in a reboot as it takes it a while for network system to come alive again. It will come up though.
3) WINDOWS USERS: Use iPhone Browser (download here) or iFunBox (download here). This works on PC by connecting to your device via USB. Dock your iPhone and load up iPhone Browser. Navigate to /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries folder and delete the SBSettings.dylib file. Note, if your iPhone is in middle of reboot you may need to wait for it to become recognized. Like SSH, it will be recognized you just need to give it a couple minutes if it is not yet booted up enough to be pc recognized.
4) MAC USERS: Use iFuntastic (download here) and follow step #3 above.
If you don’t know how to reboot your iPhone after completing the above steps, just hold home and power until the device powers off. Then let go of both and hold power to turn the device on.
Last edited by celta; 06-22-2009 at 01:04 PM.
06-22-2009, 05:26 PM #16
Thanks Delusion and Celta... got my phone back up without having to restore. SBSettings 3.0-1 works just fine.
06-22-2009, 07:42 PM #17
what's mac version of iphonebrowser? sorry... don't have pc
06-22-2009, 07:48 PM #18
The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:
06-22-2009, 08:46 PM #19
i upgraded to SBSettings 3.0 last night, my iphone 3g 2.2 went into infinite cycles and froze at the apple logo. had to do a restore + re-jailbreak (i was probably one of the first to upgrade SBSettings, so this thread/solution wasn't up yet), as i needed to unlock the phone quick to use the phone. i'm now back to FW 2.2, can't go up to 3.0 as i need the yellowsn0w unlock. has anyone tested the SBSettings 3.0-1 on FW 2.2? is it ok now? i dont wanna re-freeze my phone again...
EDIT: went ahead to upgrade to 3.0-1! couldnt wait. it's working perfectly!!!
Last edited by dracwy; 06-22-2009 at 11:21 PM.
06-22-2009, 10:50 PM #20
dracwy i just installed SBsettings 3.0-1 on FW 2.2 and it's working fine