+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Core Utilities update in Cydia

is a discussion within the

Cydia Support

forums, a part of the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

section;
Just wondering if anyone could give me info on what the Core Utilities Update in Cydia does? im guessing it is apart of the Cydia Packager i updated the core
    Thanks

Default Core Utilities update in Cydia
    Just wondering if anyone could give me info on what the Core Utilities Update in Cydia does? im guessing it is apart of the Cydia Packager

i updated the core utilites package, and now im am having issues with both sound not working (unless i play a song in ipod - thing go back to normal for a while) and also am now having battery issues - where the battery keeps fluctuating and also causing the iphone to turn off , also causing a no service for signals occasionally.

i hadn't had this problem in 1.1.4 until i updated this 'Core Utilities' Package. 1.1.4 had been working excellent for the past 5 days.

any help would be appreciated. im not sure if uninstalling cydia would be the best option. im tempted to restore 1.1.4 but would like to see if anyone could shed some light on this issue i have.

khil
    Last edited by khil; 03-05-2008 at 10:32 PM. Reason: typos

Thanks

the no sound is a ziphone issue. A bad coincidence for you, lol. Go to Settings>General>reset>reset all settings
    as for the battery, I'm not sure about that.....
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dale1v For This Useful Post:

khil (03-05-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    the no sound is a ziphone issue. A bad coincidence for you, lol. Go to Settings>General>reset>reset all settings
    Thanks dale1v , reset all settings did the trick for the sound problem. Your right, it definitely was a bad coincidence that the sound stopped working after installing Core Utilities from cydia. maybe something triggered it?

i really hope the reset thing fixed the battery as well. ill just have to wait and see.