+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Keeps trying to install something??

is a discussion within the

Cydia Support

forums, a part of the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

section;
Hello Cydia keeps trying to install a program and it keeps failing, resulting in the package that I really want to install or modify not even working... This is very
    My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Keeps trying to install something??
    Hello

Cydia keeps trying to install a program and it keeps failing, resulting in the package that I really want to install or modify not even working... This is very aggrivating..

Is there a way I can clear the queue of what Cydia is trying to do? Using MobileTerminal or what not?

Thanks alot

Ivan

Nevermind, fixed it. Had to delete the source. But I'd like to still know if this is possible, in case for future problems.
    Last edited by IvanPK; 02-02-2009 at 06:00 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    anyone know how to clear the cache ?

I cant clear the cache on the app it wants to install

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pluto459 View Post
    anyone know how to clear the cache ?

I cant clear the cache on the app it wants to install
    Read my reply to your post.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have the same issue- everytime I try to install something via Cydia it tried to install colorkeyboard - which ends with the result of not being able to install the original wanted package...

WTF

Official SaurikIT Support
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Amazen View Post
    I have the same issue- everytime I try to install something via Cydia it tried to install colorkeyboard - which ends with the result of not being able to install the original wanted package...
    This problem is usually caused by packages that have incorrect "depends" information, which is common on pirate repositories.

First remove all non-default sources (the defaults are BigBoss, Cydia/Telesphoreo, Dev Team, ModMyi, and ZodTTD/MacCiti). Then uninstall all copies of Color Keyboard and also any Color Keyboard addons you may have installed. You can then reinstall Color Keyboard from the official repository (BigBoss) if you like, and then reinstall any addons you want from the default sources.

Does the problem persist after that?
    Last edited by brittag; 08-12-2012 at 03:32 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Fixed it-
    Thanx though-

*this is what I did for anyone else trying to fix the issue*

-First, go to Cydia, and search for "iCleaner" - it's a defult Cydia package- so you should definitely be able to find it with no issues.
    -You may have to try and download it a few times like I did if Cydia isn't letting you install packages in one go, so be patient and keep installing it until all of the dependencies and full package are installed.
    -Once it installed you will have to respring, and then run it. It will take a while depending on how long it's been since you have resynced and so on- it will also clean alot of space- 90mb for me
    -Important- run it in test mode first to make sure it doesn't brick your phone always be safe then sorry, then look at the log to make sure all is ok.
    - Then REBOOT, not respring.
    -Go to Cydia and remove them troublesome package- it might remove a few morr packages that are linked with the bad one, do it anyways.
    -- Reinstall the bad .deb via Cydia and all the ones it deleted and you are good to go.

*BTW I think this issue is caused by installing a package like for example;
    I bought the theme called sigma, then I tried to installed the color mods for it called sigma 4 color colorkeyboard. One of the packages ended up trying to reinstall the actual theme.
    This is what I believe caused it have the same .deb from two different sources. As alot of the packages are tracked via the source.

Just be cautious to what you are queing before you tap the confirm button.

Hope this helps

Just to clarify-

I don't think the pirate repos are always the case as I don't have any that I'm aware of....

Just a bad que or something- maybe it didn't install correctly and was trying to reinstall the half installed package.

Idk
    Last edited by Amazen; 08-12-2012 at 06:11 PM.

Official SaurikIT Support
    Thanks

Interesting, thanks for following up. I'd like to ask some more questions to figure out what went wrong, so that I can look into getting the problem fixed if it's a problem with a package on a default repository.

Which iCleaner features did you enable? I'm curious since its features seem unrelated to this problem. It may be that all you had to do was the second part ("Go to Cydia and remove them troublesome package- it might remove a few morr packages that are linked with the bad one, do it anyways").

Do you remember which packages you removed? Which sources do you have installed? Have you purchased a copy of Color Keyboard?

It looks like the package "SiGMA CK 4 colors" is configured correctly - it depends on Color Keyboard and SiGMA HD. Cydia is smart enough to not reinstall a "depends" package if you already have it installed, but it will add any remaining uninstalled packages to your queue.

"SiGMA Colorkeyboard" may be wrong, since it only depends on Winterboard (and not Color Keyboard or SiGMA HD), but it shouldn't cause this problem.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I enabled all the default ones and turn on the test mode... I didn't touch the languages or fonts or anything else.

It's couldn't have just been the second part either because for some reason it would remove and then add color keyboard. Putting itself in a paradox if you would lol

I have the color keyboard from bigboss

Maybe it is related to another similar issue- my AppStore will not load, it keeps "loading" infinite

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks