+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 63

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Cydia Down?

is a discussion within the

Cydia Support

forums, a part of the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

section;
Yep...still down.
...
  1. #21
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    AR
    Posts
    543
    Thanks
    565
    Thanked 207 Times in 96 Posts

    Yep...still down.

  2. #22
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    For me to, I cant even see winterboard on cydia right now!? Ideas?

  3. #23
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    same here in uk updated 2.2.1 fresh install and nothing hope they sort it it a nightmere

  4. #24
    What's Jailbreak? HunterSeeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Rotterdam, NL
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gardemyr View Post
    For me to, I cant even see winterboard on cydia right now!? Ideas?
    Same here dude. Now i don't know if i have to download and install all the winterboard themes and stuff again.

  5. #25
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jaybeee View Post
    This is just my luck, I just found out about ********** and am dying to install it...and now cydia doesn't work, I get the 'Cached Failure' error!!

    Does anyone know of a way to get ********** without having to go through Cydia?
    I'm in that exact same situation... I just discovered the ********** app this morning as well.

    /waiting patiently...

  6. #26
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    just jailbroke this morning, and cydia appears down for me as well... tried installing backgrounder, and got this error, is this because of stuff being down?

  7. #27
    What's Jailbreak? jaybeee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by palehorse View Post
    I'm in that exact same situation... I just discovered the ********** app this morning as well.

    /waiting patiently...
    It's nice to know I'm not alone

    BTW, these are the screens I'm getting. Doubt it'll help anyone but...

    Last edited by jaybeee; 02-02-2009 at 10:28 AM.

  8. #28
    iPhone? More like MyPhone NArush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    263
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 30 Times in 25 Posts

    Yea, I'm down too.. getting "Unable to load (timed out)".. hope this is fixed soon.

  9. #29
    What's Jailbreak? HunterSeeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Rotterdam, NL
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    gettin' a bit inpacient here...

  10. #30
    What's Jailbreak? HagerBombHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Kzoo
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Ahh this is killing me....I would have waited. On the plus side I have been able to get OpenSSH and categories.

  11. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    158
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts

    Home screen loaded this for me.

    Cydia's web server is currently offline due to a billing SNAFU. It will be back online iwthin a couple house. There is nothing to worry about, this is a very short lived outage. Please be calm, and please... PLEASE.... do not send me any more e-mail about it. I have change dmy DNS in such a manner that my repository is liekly online.

  12. #32
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    It's Back!
    Last edited by ShotWithAnSLR; 02-02-2009 at 11:32 AM.

  13. #33
    iPhone? More like MyPhone MikeYuse0406's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    My Sweet Home in South Florida
    Posts
    178
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts

    Just checked Cydia and it is up and running again.

  14. #34
    What's Jailbreak? jaybeee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    I think its working agan!!!!

  15. #35
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    639
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 154 Times in 97 Posts

    I wish Installer 4.0 was more popular just because of this. I do not even have Installer 4.0 installed because it lacks many packages. Nevertheless, from the design point of view, it is very close to the AppStore, for which any application installer should strive. It's easy to use and has a good looking GUI.

    Cydia is 40MiB of crap. Granted, the GNU sub-system is nice, for those that need it, but it should not be a requirement for an iPhone application installer. I understand why he did not want to reinvent the wheel, like Installer, but out of all the Linux package managers, he chose one of the most complicated, if not the most complicated one. .deb packages are easy on Linux from the user's point of view, but from the developer's point of view, they are utter nightmare. They are very complicated to create. I have done a few and hated every minute of it. There are dirt-simple and robust ones like Pacman.

    Cydia's GUI is a miserable failure. The developers must read the iPhone Human Interface Guidelines. It's pathetic. Not only that it is ugly and badly designed, but it also is frustrating to use. 'Loading Data', 'Reloading Data', screens are annoying, it makes the application very slow. Even on Linux, repository updates are done once a day or at N hours. They are not even done at every application restart. Doing repository updates after every operation is idiotic. OpenSuse were berated for doing it at every application restart. They would have been lynched if they did it after every operation.

    App pages should be generated from the package itself, we are using a package manager after all, not from random internet web pages with ads. It makes them inconsistent. Did the ads help you keep the servers up? No. Ads in a package manager is horrible. They also contain more information that 99.99% of the user need to see.

    Another GUI failure is the installation. Do I need to see dpkg output in the installation screen as if I have installed from the console on Linux? No. This is the iPhone. It's supposed to be sexy. It's supposed to have a nice progress bar. It's supposed to have a nice GUI. Give me a nice installation. Reuse the AppStore-style installation that brings you back to he SpringBoard and shows the application icon with a progress bar, or do it with a queue like Installer.

    Speaking of installation, just because the main Cydia server is down, nothing installs from any repository? If you try to install anything, you will get tens of failure pop-ups instead of just one. Not deb-based package manager behaves like that. If a repository is down, obviously, the packages from that repository won't install. But, packages from other repositories do install.

    Lastly, why do we need a package manager after all? Why introduce dependency hell. Why can't 3rd party applications be in the for of .IPA files and be self-contained like the ones from the AppStore.

    Why make things complicated?

  16. #36
    What's Jailbreak? HunterSeeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Rotterdam, NL
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Cydia is working for me again

  17. #37
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default cydia workin
    cydia is workin now jajaj so happy

  18. #38
    iPhone? More like MyPhone MikeYuse0406's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    My Sweet Home in South Florida
    Posts
    178
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    I wish Installer 4.0 was more popular just because of this. I do not even have Installer 4.0 installed because it lacks many packages. Nevertheless, from the design point of view, it is very close to the AppStore, for which any application installer should strive. It's easy to use and has a good looking GUI.

    Cydia is 40MiB of crap. Granted, the GNU sub-system is nice, for those that need it, but it should not be a requirement for an iPhone application installer. I understand why he did not want to reinvent the wheel, like Installer, but out of all the Linux package managers, he chose one of the most complicated, if not the most complicated one. .deb packages are easy on Linux from the user's point of view, but from the developer's point of view, they are utter nightmare. They are very complicated to create. I have done a few and hated every minute of it. There are dirt-simple and robust ones like Pacman.

    Cydia's GUI is a miserable failure. The developers must read the iPhone Human Interface Guidelines. It's pathetic. Not only that it is ugly and badly designed, but it also is frustrating to use. 'Loading Data', 'Reloading Data', screens are annoying, it makes the application very slow. Even on Linux, repository updates are done once a day or at N hours. They are not even done at every application restart. Doing repository updates after every operation is idiotic. OpenSuse were berated for doing it at every application restart. They would have been lynched if they did it after every operation.

    App pages should be generated from the package itself, we are using a package manager after all, not from random internet web pages with ads. It makes them inconsistent. Did the ads help you keep the servers up? No. Ads in a package manager is horrible. They also contain more information that 99.99% of the user need to see.

    Another GUI failure is the installation. Do I need to see dpkg output in the installation screen as if I have installed from the console on Linux? No. This is the iPhone. It's supposed to be sexy. It's supposed to have a nice progress bar. It's supposed to have a nice GUI. Give me a nice installation. Reuse the AppStore-style installation that brings you back to he SpringBoard and shows the application icon with a progress bar, or do it with a queue like Installer.

    Speaking of installation, just because the main Cydia server is down, nothing installs from any repository? If you try to install anything, you will get tens of failure pop-ups instead of just one. Not deb-based package manager behaves like that. If a repository is down, obviously, the packages from that repository won't install. But, packages from other repositories do install.

    Lastly, why do we need a package manager after all? Why introduce dependency hell. Why can't 3rd party applications be in the for of .IPA files and be self-contained like the ones from the AppStore.

    Why make things complicated?
    LMAO - Don't become the joke of the forum. If Cydia bothers you so much, simply uninstall it and stay with installer.

  19. #39
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Im in it might be working for everyone else now.

  20. #40
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    639
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 154 Times in 97 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeYuse0406 View Post
    LMAO - Don't become the joke of the forum. If Cydia bothers you so much, simply uninstall it and stay with installer.
    I'm am giving constructive criticism, and I am not afraid of becoming 'the joke of the forum'.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts