+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: i need to reinstall cydia help!

is a discussion within the

Cydia Support

forums, a part of the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

section;
i was trying to crack another program installed by cydia, and it didnt work i messed something up, and now cydia wont start, it just crashes to SB instantly. I
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default i need to reinstall cydia help!
    i was trying to crack another program installed by cydia, and it didnt work i messed something up, and now cydia wont start, it just crashes to SB instantly. I tried the method of removing all sources etc... nothing works i think i need to reinstall cydia. is there a way to do that without restoring my phone?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kofman13 For This Useful Post:

Tata20 (05-06-2011)

Thanks

Do you have mobile terminal installed?

if you do, open it, type su then enter, password is alpine, then type "apt-get remove cydia" (without quotes) once that's finished type "apt-get install cydia" (again without quotes) I had a similar problem & fixed it like that.

Hope this helped. & happy new year btw.

Green Apple
    Thanks

happy new year to you too!
    i dont have mobile terminal installed..
    but i did what u said in Terminal via ssh, it didnt work.
    does anyone have cydia.app? i could replace it with the one on my phone with ssh maybe

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kofman13 View Post
    happy new year to you too!
    i dont have mobile terminal installed..
    but i did what u said in Terminal via ssh, it didnt work.
    does anyone have cydia.app? i could replace it with the one on my phone with ssh maybe
    You know, I was working on my repo and a package and it crashed automatically. I searched all over Google and iPod touch Fans. Nothing. So I went into all of Cydia's files and found two files improper. The cydia.log file and an Installed repositorys file. I managed to change the files back to normal.

Some reason, it retrieved an incorrect signal from my repo. What youll want to do to fix this, is navigate to /tmp/cydia.log through SSH. Youll want to take a looksie in it with a text editor. Notepad on Windows, TextEdit on Mac. It will have a crash log. It will have a description of the file you need to edit.

Just navigate to the directory it says, change it, and it should work again! DONT RESTORE!!!!!

Sincerely,
    Alec, RSO Software
    Index of /apt

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to itouchr For This Useful Post:

Timka21105 (12-12-2009), z4kMKv (12-08-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default lost my icon cydia..how do i re-install it back?
    how do i re-install back my icon "cydia"..i have checked my iphonebrowser...and my app are all in there... but the icon itself ot deleted...i accidentally deleted it...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gheelex0822 View Post
    how do i re-install back my icon "cydia"..i have checked my iphonebrowser...and my app are all in there... but the icon itself ot deleted...i accidentally deleted it...
    If you hide Cydia accidentally, you can unhide using BossTool. If you do not have BossTool installed, you can install it from an SSH terminal (MobileTerminal or putty SSH). Make sure you are root (password is alpine).

1. apt-get install com.bigboss.poof
    2. apt-get install com.bigboss.bossprefs
    3. reboot
    4. Launch BossTools and unhide Cydia

Worst case scenario, if nothing works, you can use WinSCP and delete the files located at /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.SpringBoard.plist and the reboot your phone.

If you deleted the cydia application, you can try re-installing cydia using apt-get from an SSH terminal.

1. apt-get remove cydia
    2. apt-get install cydia

9. The Following User Says Thank You to reddawg For This Useful Post:

Mkimery (01-18-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itouchr View Post
    You know, I was working on my repo and a package and it crashed automatically. I searched all over Google and iPod touch Fans. Nothing. So I went into all of Cydia's files and found two files improper. The cydia.log file and an Installed repositorys file. I managed to change the files back to normal.

Some reason, it retrieved an incorrect signal from my repo. What youll want to do to fix this, is navigate to /tmp/cydia.log through SSH. Youll want to take a looksie in it with a text editor. Notepad on Windows, TextEdit on Mac. It will have a crash log. It will have a description of the file you need to edit.

Just navigate to the directory it says, change it, and it should work again! DONT RESTORE!!!!!

Sincerely,
    Alec, RSO Software
    Index of /apt
    Worked like a charm! Much Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi,

After jailbreaking and unlocking, by mistake i uninstalled blackra1n and forgot to install Cydia apps. How do I install now Cydia without blackra1n. Help me please.

Thanks
    Selkan

12. The Following User Says Thank You to selkan For This Useful Post:

cbr1ryder (12-14-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey!!! What do I do? i have the same problem.... kinda, but like a few days befor Cydia broke, my stupid friend tanner DELETED SSH!!!!!!!! I havent talked to him since Cydia started crashing... i'll talk to him monday, but stil! HELP! Cydia only stoped working after the ssh was gone, and after a sync with iTunes. I dont have termanal installed, i had it on my phone, but never used it, and was afraid tanner would mess something up (around the same time SSH was deleted). PLZ HELP!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Timka21105's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itouchr View Post

Sincerely,
    Alec, RSO Software
    Index of /apt
    Thanks so much!
    all i did was delete the file that caused the problem

iPhone? More like MyPhone matthew1111's Avatar
    Thanks

Something like that happened to me...I was playing around in the cydia files and accitdenly deleted something...Can someone tell me all the necessary files that I CAN delete, and give me the orignal files to replace them? Thanks!
    That Thanks button is there for a reason!

What's Jailbreak? Rossy Seriati's Avatar
    Thanks
    Default i need to reinstall cydia help!
    Hi there
    I just got my data plan with tmobile and after I reset my
    phone for made it the picture mms got set it up and reboots my
    iphone 3 gs the cydia app was gone.The app cydia still on the
    screen however just didn't work so I tried to reinstall
    throught the blackrain which it still on my phone also did not
    work.Anyone can help me out?
    Thank you so much I appreciate.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Rossy Seriati For This Useful Post:

kishoredave (07-11-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reddawg View Post
    If you hide Cydia accidentally, you can unhide using BossTool. If you do not have BossTool installed, you can install it from an SSH terminal (MobileTerminal or putty SSH). Make sure you are root (password is alpine).

3. reboot

Worst case scenario, if nothing works, you can use WinSCP and delete the files located at /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.SpringBoard.plist and the reboot your phone.

If you deleted the cydia application, you can try re-installing cydia using apt-get from an SSH terminal.

1. apt-get remove cydia
    2. apt-get install cydia
    i know this is an older post,but i need to reinstall cydia and i tried the steps above but i get an error mesage saying,error 127 not found,can enyone help please.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to eatdirt1 For This Useful Post:

TMY68 (12-21-2010)

Thanks

Lads if you need Cydia and deleted blackra1n, you can run Blackra1n again from a PC, it's not going to remove anything. I've had to do it twice and numerous more times for a friend.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to phynios For This Useful Post:

TMY68 (12-22-2010)

TJD
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am new to this site but am searching how to download cydia to my iphone. Can anyone tell me how to do this? I have (I think) jail broken my phone and would like the steps to be able to turn my phone into a wifi. Also, download other useful apps. I would appreciate the assistance. Thank you!

Thanks

Default timmywoodz
    Quote Originally Posted by reddawg View Post

3. reboot

1. apt-get remove cydia
    2. apt-get install cydia
    worked perfect you are amazing

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by namakemono View Post

if you do, open it, type su then enter, password is alpine, then type "apt-get remove cydia" (without quotes) once that's finished type "apt-get install cydia" (again without quotes) I had a similar problem & fixed it like that.

Hey I tried using the terminal and when I typed alpine it did not work I have an itouch 2.2.1 2g help?

Ok I removed cydia but when I try to install it using terminal it doesn't work
    Last edited by Killimanjaro99; 07-17-2010 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Smile help
    Quote Originally Posted by namakemono View Post

i have issh terminal and i think it is a little different from shh terminal can u please help and i dont know how to do some of the stuff and i well like it if u can help me step by step

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I tried going to mobile terminal to remove cydia but when i type in Apt-Get remove cydia it says it doesnt recognize the command. Am i doing something wrong? Help please

iPhone? More like MyPhone syedsufyan's Avatar
    Thanks
    The easiest way to get cydia back is to follow these instructions.
    What you need:
    Way#1(easiest): iFile, Safari Download Manager
    Way#2(kind of easy): iPhoneExplorer(on ur PC)

Way#1:Go to this link on safari. Press open in iFile, press installer from the bottom of thing. Do a full reboot.

Way#2: Step 1: Open up your iPhone’s filesystem on your desktop

Step 2: Navigate to the folder /private/var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall (If you don’t have the Cydia or AutoInstall folders, you just need to create them. They are case sensitive.)

Step 3: Drag and drop the cydia_1.0.3366-1_iphoneos-arm.deb file that you downloaded into the AutoInstall folder

Step 4: Do a full reboot of your iPhone

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to syedsufyan For This Useful Post:

Bill1975 (01-11-2011), Chula (01-31-2011), kulit899 (01-04-2011), Meatammer (12-29-2010)