+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: i need to reinstall cydia help!

is a discussion within the

Cydia Support

forums, a part of the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

section;
Hey okay so I have an iPhone 4 with 4.2.1 software and I jailbroke it a few days ago and it was working fine. But springboard crashed on me and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey okay so I have an iPhone 4 with 4.2.1 software and I jailbroke it a few days ago and it was working fine. But springboard crashed on me and I tried to reboot it but it kept saying springboard crashed. So I went through cydia and deleted a lot. I accidentally deleted cydia. But winterboard is still on my home screen along with other things from cydia. But when I tried opening terminal is didn't open at all. I tried to restore my iPhone but it says apple won't let it be restored . So how do I either get cydia back and fix the springboard problem or how can I just restore my whole iPhone ? HELP ME PLEASE ! thank you !

iPhone? More like MyPhone syedsufyan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Wink Follow instructions on top of this thread
    Just do the stuff that is on top of the thread over this thread. Also, to get the cydia file, go to the link in the easy way.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by syedsufyan View Post
    The easiest way to get cydia back is to follow these instructions.
    What you need:
    Way#1(easiest): iFile, Safari Download Manager
    Way#2(kind of easy): iPhoneExplorer(on ur PC)

Way#1:Go to this link on safari. Press open in iFile, press installer from the bottom of thing. Do a full reboot.

Way#2: Step 1: Open up your iPhone’s filesystem on your desktop

Step 2: Navigate to the folder /private/var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall (If you don’t have the Cydia or AutoInstall folders, you just need to create them. They are case sensitive.)

Step 3: Drag and drop the cydia_1.0.3366-1_iphoneos-arm.deb file that you downloaded into the AutoInstall folder

Step 4: Do a full reboot of your iPhone
    Oh man.

Thank you so much for this info/post. You've saved my bacon. Way#2 worked perfectly for me and resolved my issue.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i did the mobile terminal "apt-get remove cydia" "apt-get install cydia" and i got an error saying "could not perform immediate configuration on 'essential'. please see man 5 apt.conf under APT::Immediate-Configure for details" what does that mean and how can i fix this error

Thanks
    Default Use another way
    Quote Originally Posted by lukaslukasm View Post
    i did the mobile terminal "apt-get remove cydia" "apt-get install cydia" and i got an error saying "could not perform immediate configuration on 'essential'. please see man 5 apt.conf under APT::Immediate-Configure for details" what does that mean and how can i fix this error
    There are two other ways to do it.
    First one requires Safari Download Manager and iFile
    Second way requires OpenSSH. If you do not have one, you will have to use iPhone Explorer on your computer.

Way#1: Go to Safari and download Cydia Go to downloads in Safari and press the downloaded file, then press "Open in iFile" and press Installer. You might have to reboot for the Cydia to appear.

Way#2: On your PC, download the Cydia file first, then follow the following directions:

Step 1: Open up your iPhone’s filesystem on your desktop from SSH or iPhone Explorer

Step 2: Navigate to the folder /private/var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall (If you don’t have the Cydia or AutoInstall folders, you just need to create them. They are case sensitive.)

Step 3: Drag and drop the cydia_1.0.3366.7.iphoneos-arm.deb file that you downloaded into the AutoInstall folder

Quote Originally Posted by Farrell911 View Post
    Hey okay so I have an iPhone 4 with 4.2.1 software and I jailbroke it a few days ago and it was working fine. But springboard crashed on me and I tried to reboot it but it kept saying springboard crashed. So I went through cydia and deleted a lot. I accidentally deleted cydia. But winterboard is still on my home screen along with other things from cydia. But when I tried opening terminal is didn't open at all. I tried to restore my iPhone but it says apple won't let it be restored . So how do I either get cydia back and fix the springboard problem or how can I just restore my whole iPhone ? HELP ME PLEASE ! thank you !
    If you want to restore, you have to use your SHSH Blobs, same way you downgrade. If you want to get Cydia back, you will have to do what I posted before this. What I reccommend is that you restore, then use a backup, then rejailbreak because your Phone keeps crashing and you could have deleted some important files
    Last edited by syedsufyan; 01-16-2011 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

also a full reboot is turning off the phone and turning it back on correct?

i did both way 1 and 2 and my cydia continues to crash
    Last edited by lukaslukasm; 01-16-2011 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lukaslukasm View Post
    also a full reboot is turning off the phone and turning it back on correct?

i did both way 1 and 2 and my cydia continues to crash
    Try restoring

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can u help me my frien deleted Cydia and I don't have ssh terminal or any other Cydia apps please help me

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AS YOURS!!!!!
    Help!!!! Actually i had already jailbreak my iPod and the Cydia icon already can be used but i go to jailbreak it again because i thought that i have not choose some of the options... then when the second jb is in progree, it stops at uploading ramdisk. So i restart my iPod and when i try to go in Cydia again, it refuses... so now what should i do? i wish to remove the Cydia icon but cn't... plz help me guys!!!! what should i do??? T.T

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Okay, first go over all those things again or twice. Or get help from an iDevice expert (not a Apple worker).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question i need help
    i used cydelete and deleted cydia because i wanted to un jailbreak and i decided i want it back and if i do want to unjailbreak it what should i do (preferably not restore it)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey!! mistakely i had removed cydia from my device iphone4(ios 5.1.1), i want to reinstill it back so how can i get it back, please help me out with this , i have ifile installed on my iphone.

thank you
    deepak

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

Try to rejailbreak it and see if that works if not. Only way I know would be a restore.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Try to rejailbreak it and see if that works if not. Only way I know would be a restore.
    I have already jailbrake my device,its shows error wen i try it again. If restore then how can i do that plz suggest me i will do it...

2k1
    Thanks

Do you require an unlock for ya phone? Like ultrasnow or gevey?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No .. I want to reinstall cydia back on ios 5.1.1 so how can i do it as i had deleted.
    Last edited by deepakmalla; 09-18-2012 at 02:28 PM.

2k1
    Thanks

Restore and re jailbreak it

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12