Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How To Make A Cydia Repository

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yo guys. I followed this guide to letter (great job by the way). I am having trouble installing my package. I can see it in Cydia but when I press install and confirm I get a http 404 error. I have compared my Package file to one from saurik's repo and as far as I can see it's all correct can anyone suggest what I should check next?

The source is apt.finalbillybong.com/
    Last edited by FinalBillybong; 07-20-2009 at 06:40 AM.

Default Help!!!
    I have tried to make a cydia source with my iPod. I have succesfully made deb packages and a source, but I always get a Hash Sum mismatch. I have have placed the hash in the Packages file, yet it still says there is a mismatch. What am I doing wrong?

hi guys,

what did i have to do, that after i installed an app Cydia says that the springboard needs a restart?

how do i let install the debs as root in my iphone ? some files had as owner "nobody" or just "mobile" ?
    Last edited by Human; 08-21-2009 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrooKid View Post
    Anyone figure out how to add a USERNAME and PASSWORD to your repo? So that when users add your repo they need a username and password. Similar to logging in via FTP etc.
    Yeah anyone know how to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    hi guys,

what did i have to do, that after i installed an app Cydia says that the springboard needs a restart?

how do i let install the debs as root in my iphone ? some files had as owner "nobody" or just "mobile" ?
    i have it!
    Adding

Priority: standard

to the packages!

Hi friends!

i would like create a deb packets and install files to:

/private/var/mobile/Applications/XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX--XXXXXXXXXXXX/CanalCocina.app/
    /private/var/mobile/Applications/XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX--XXXXXXXXXXXX/tmp

For example a picture ... Could it be possible? Why?

thx!

Hi !
    I followed the guide but i am having problems too.
    In cydia when finishing adding the repo a mesaage popups:
    Error: Database
    Encountered a section with no Package: header

Mind that i did not succesfully create the deb file because it gave me the following error:
    [sth was here]EOF during value of field 'website' missing final newline
    that was affiliated with the control file.{Do you know a softaware that creates deb files?}

So i compressed MyProgram-->MyProgram.zip-->(Renamed .zip to .deb)-->MyProgram.deb .

UPDATE:So I Found "Cydia Package Maker" but it gives me the following error:
    "Can't get window 1 of application "Terminal"."

Please can you help here?

UPDATE 2: So Im ok now but cydia gives me an error:"Hash sum mismatch".
    Last edited by ipodtouchpro; 10-07-2009 at 07:49 AM.

Question Terminal Problem
    Quote Originally Posted by kennopix View Post
    Hi

i have problem for create control, terminal say this error: /sw/bin/dpkg-deb: parse error, in file `MyProgram/DEBIAN/control' near line 4: duplicate value for user-defined field

help me pleases thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itouchr View Post
    same here sometimes. try uninstalling fink. then reinstall.
    I'm sorry, i have the same problem. I tried to uninstall fink, restart my mac, reinstall fink, restart. Terminal gives me the same problem... Help please? Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Plese HELP!
    I have made my own repo, and it works -> it shows up regulary in cydia, but when I wont to download something it shows "Size Mismatch" error. I tried regular and unix size but it's the same.

Size of the .deb file:

Packages file:

I tried to edit size code with, but there is always the same error:
    Code:
    Size: 30884
    Code:
    Size: 30000
    Code:
    Size: 32768
    Code:
    Size: 320
    Code:
    Size: 32
    Plese HELP!

Now... i changed something in control file and terminal seems work...but finally he gives me the error: /sw/bin/dpkg-deb: directory has not correct permission: 777 (must be 0755 or 0775)
    I tried to change permission at file /sw/bin/dpkg-deb by command chmod, but it doesn't change anything...
    Someone can help me?

ok i get it but what do i hash? the the md5 but wtf is that and were do i get it i have ubuntu 9.10

hey i got through all the steps i get a wird thing.. while adding the sources i get 2 to 3 errors say cant contact apt.saurik..something and at the end a NODATA1 NODATA2 thing, try it your self... repo:advancedsurfers.com/repo... it installs but can see any packages!! help me please

how can use user pass in url for cydia?
    like repo.domain.com/user-pass
    plz help

Unhappy Help
    I need help i just trying to make a repo with one test file(it is just a mac file) but when i go to the step where i have to paste dpkg-deb -b MyProgram into terminal i get this error
    dpkg-deb -b MyProgram
    /sw/bin/dpkg-deb: parse error, in file `MyProgram/DEBIAN/control' near line 9 package `com.ashotworks.i***gamez':
    EOF during value of field `Sponsor' (missing final newline)
    what do i do???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What you do is read what it says...

You probably edited the control file with some editor which fails to understand that UN*X text files always end with a terminating newline.
    Some editors from the MS-DOS era and a few braindead others still do not comprehend this.

So, either forcefully add a newline at the end of the file, or use a "proper" editor.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to marcolz For This Useful Post:

hego555 (03-02-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by marcolz View Post
    What you do is read what it says...

You probably edited the control file with some editor which fails to understand that UN*X text files always end with a terminating newline.
    Some editors from the MS-DOS era and a few braindead others still do not comprehend this.

So, either forcefully add a newline at the end of the file, or use a "proper" editor.
    ya, ty, i read it and finally realized it wanted a ending line WOW!

sorry for double posting, but i want to ask why cydia doesn't find my repo and rock does???

lol you can't double post here COOL! anyway i have the repo up couple of problems,
    1 cydia can't find it rock can
    2 I can't get anything installed it is just a simple wallpaper i doing it as a test to check if repo works!

can someone help me!
    Last edited by hego555; 03-03-2010 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    no links -SB

Question Re: How To Make A Cydia Repository
    I did what you said and it has an error in Terminal:

This is my whole session (I changed "control" file trying to fix it) :

Last login: Sat Apr 10 20:13:36 on tty??
    Xelabos-Mac-Pro:~ MacAdmin$ cd /Users/MacAdmin/Desktop
    Xelabos-Mac-Pro:Desktop MacAdmin$ dpkg-deb -b MyProgram
    /sw/bin/dpkg-deb: parse error, in file `MyProgram/DEBIAN/control' near line 9 package `com.x86cam.twitterrificpremium':
    /sw/bin/dpkg-deb: parse error, in file `MyProgram/DEBIAN/control' near line 9 package `net.x86cam.twprem':
    /sw/bin/dpkg-deb: parse error, in file `MyProgram/DEBIAN/control' near line 9 package `com.igeeknetaunet.twitpremium':
    Xelabos-Mac-Pro:Desktop MacAdmin$

This is my "control" file:

Maintainer: x86cam <[email protected]>
    Name: Twitterrific Premium
    Package: com.igeeknetaunet.twitpremium
    Version: 2.x.x
    Architecture: iphoneos-arm
    Description: Twitterrific, Cracked
    Sponsor: x86cam <http://igeek.netau.net>
    Last edited by x86cam; 04-10-2010 at 09:15 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast