+ Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How To Make A Cydia Repository

is a discussion within the

Cydia Support

forums, a part of the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

section;
Originally Posted by anils_das whn i run the dpkg-scanpackages , i get a blank file only... i made md5sums for the deb file from the Hash'em all! Free online text
    Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anils_das View Post
    whn i run the dpkg-scanpackages , i get a blank file only...

i made md5sums for the deb file from the Hash'em all! Free online text and file hashing

still i get the same error md5sums mismatch....
    Hmmm are you getting any errors related to all this? Try using this dpkg-scanpackages file and see if it works.

dpkg-scanpackages

Hmmm same to you, try mine and see if it works.
    dpkg-scanpackages

Quote Originally Posted by kanaya View Post
    thank u man, but then i run into another problem, when i did that to the packages file cause theres so many packages, i got 1 available update, of each package on my repo, and after i update i still keep seein that update on cydia =(

Nevermind i made it, i had to put it on the COntrol file anyways. otherwise it will show a new update even tho u already update it
    Hmmmm so wait your saying that if you DIDN'T add the DEPENDS line to the control file and if you only added it to the Package file that your packages were showing up under the CHANGES section?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DSMKilla View Post

Hmmmm so wait your saying that if you DIDN'T add the DEPENDS line to the control file and if you only added it to the Package file that your packages were showing up under the CHANGES section?

no what im saying is that if i only add the depend line to the packages on the package file it will show that there is an update of all the packages from the repo u got installed, so to fix that u gotta add the depend line to the control file too

Banned
    Thanks

no what im saying is that if i only add the depend line to the packages on the package file it will show that there is an update of all the packages from the repo u got installed, so to fix that u gotta add the depend line to the control file too
    Hmmm are you sure because I just went into my Packages list and removed all the depends from all my apps just to test it out and nothing showed up in the changes. Maybe since you ADDED a depends is why it did it.

Did you try adding the depends to only ONE of your apps and then going back into Cydia and seeing if only the ONE app shows up under CHANGES?

Thanks

Hmmm are you getting any errors related to all this? Try using this dpkg-scanpackages file and see if it works.

dpkg-scanpackages

Hmmm same to you, try mine and see if it works.
    dpkg-scanpackages

Where should I put them? in the repo folder or /binn/sw something?

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itouchr View Post
    Where should I put them? in the repo folder or /binn/sw something?
    Well what OS are you using? Debian Linux or OSX?? You need to have them on your DESKTOP of wherever your working at. They don't need to go in the repo.

Thanks

Well what OS are you using? Debian Linux or OSX?? You need to have them on your DESKTOP of wherever your working at. They don't need to go in the repo.
    Mac.

Mac. I think I know.
    Last edited by itouchr; 01-01-2009 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I see that in your repo (Index of /apt) that the Package is in .bz2 and in the tutorial it shows that it should be .gzip, and my ipod ask for a bzip2, i have to rename it?

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itouchr View Post
    Mac.
    Mac. I think I know.
    Hmmm yeah I'm not sure man, I am running Debian Linux via VMware Workstation to create my repo stuff so I'm not sure about the MAC stuff. I do recall seeing somewhere that you have to use something called "Fink" if your going to be using a MAC based computer. You might want to look into that. I also saw it mentioned on Saurik's website

Quote Originally Posted by Saurik's Website
    Unfortunately, the stock copy of dpkg-scanpackages that comes with Debian is not designed to take into account used-defined fields, so the Cydia-specific fields will need to be manually added to the script. This is rather easy: simply add "Name", "Author", "Homepage", and "Icon" to the end of the array "fieldpri". If you'd prefer, you may download a pre-made version of this file from my website.

Unfortunately again, this copy I provide will not work with Fink, so you will have to do the rather simple modification yourself. If I get my hands on the stock Fink copy soon I may provide that modified on this website, but currently I don't have it on me .

Currently, this program may not be run on the iPhone itself as Perl is not yet ported into Telesphoreo. Hopefully the author will have this fixed in the near future, at which point a few of the more advanced features of dpkg will finally be unlocked (such as dpkg-divert, which allows for safe replacements of files from other packages or the system).
    Quote Originally Posted by juanpablo30 View Post
    I see that in your repo (Index of /apt) that the Package is in .bz2 and in the tutorial it shows that it should be .gzip, and my ipod ask for a bzip2, i have to rename it?
    Nah it doesn't matter, bzip2 or gzip will both work.
    Last edited by DSMKilla; 01-02-2009 at 08:07 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

But i want to try to do it in bz2 how do i do?

Sorry for my English

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hmmm are you sure because I just went into my Packages list and removed all the depends from all my apps just to test it out and nothing showed up in the changes. Maybe since you ADDED a depends is why it did it.

Did you try adding the depends to only ONE of your apps and then going back into Cydia and seeing if only the ONE app shows up under CHANGES?
    yes i did, what happens is if i add the depend to the package file the package i add the depend to it will show an update, but even after i update it it still shows there is a new update, until i put the depend on the control file too

Thanks

Actually, I went to bzip2 : Home and downloaded bzip2 and in terminal instead of gzip, i type bzip and it makes a .bz2 instead of .gz

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Okay, so I started all over again, from scratch, and did everything the guide said to. Now when I try to install my theme, I get a pop-up that says Undetermined Error. What can I do about this or where did I go wrong?

Banned
    Thanks

But i want to try to do it in bz2 how do i do?

Sorry for my English
    Depends on what OS your using, bz2 is nothing more than a zip file or a rar file etc, they all do the same thing. So just need to find a program that will create bz2 files. If your using a windows based OS I have found a program called "7-Zip" that compresses to all kinds of file formats. If your using something like Debian Linux you just simply go to a terminal window and type bzip2 filename.ext

yes i did, what happens is if i add the depend to the package file the package i add the depend to it will show an update, but even after i update it it still shows there is a new update, until i put the depend on the control file too
    OK what I was saying to do is to only add the depends to the "Packages" file NOT the control file that is located in the deb package. It should work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Does anybody have an answer? All I can get is "Undetermined Error". Should I try to do it all again and see what happens?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jhgi View Post
    Does anybody have an answer? All I can get is "Undetermined Error". Should I try to do it all again and see what happens?
    that happens when u dont have the deb file in the correct path, it happened to me cause in the packages i said the ded file is in /debs/debfile.deb and i had the deb file in the root /debfile.deb

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi everyone, great tutorial, but i have a problem.

Once i made all this process, after adding the source i tryied to install one of my apps, and for some reason, sometimes my downloads doesn't finish or there is a messeage "SIZE MISMATCH" That happens with all my apps.

I don't think is the "size" at my package file because i do it like you said.

Any help would be appreciated!
    Last edited by VonHelp; 01-08-2009 at 06:14 PM.

Thanks

My repo is now moved.

New repo link coming soon!

Thanks

Ok I muddled through this and it wound up working! You posted a really nice guide here! It just needs some slight procedural changes. I was initially very confused about steps 21-24 as we were uploading files to the server, then editing them there, then reediting the files on the desktop. We were also compressing files on the computer, uploading them to the server and then decompressing them on the server and then deleting some extra files if they appeared.

This is what I did to make it work:

I skipped step 21, step 22 (you'll do this later), and step 23.

step 24 edit the packages file on your computer, use this link
    http://www.apple.com/downloads/macos...ssoftware.html

This program will generate the md5 hash on your .deb files.

Now save your packages file, then gzip -f Packages

Double click the Packages.gz file to extract the Packages file.

Then upload the debs folder, Packages, Packages.gz, and Release files to your server. You should only upload these files once they have been fully edited on the computer first.

I posted a tutorial for Mac users at my site. I'll look at incorporating the icons information as well.
    Last edited by exNavy; 02-11-2009 at 11:34 PM.
    Hmm...

Thanks

Can someone explain the process of adding icons more thoroughly? We don't want the icons to show up as a line item in your folder as we want it to be a behind the scenes process so to speak. So exactly how do we do this?
    Hmm...

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,798 Times in 1,222 Posts

If you mean adding an icon for a package (like an app), its as easy as:

Icon: file:///Applications/SwapCameraRoll.app/icon.png

in your control file.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews