Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How To Make A Cydia Repository

"MD5Sum: Put the MD5 hash here (to find this out, go to http://hashemall.com and select MD5)"
    On which string I have to create the MD5 hash?

Okay, I have a question. It probably won't be my last either.. it's pretty much the same as spark86's. What text or file am I supposed to be hashing in step 24?

Looks like a good guide. But I got one little problem. When I'm going to write the command:
    dpkg-deb -b MyTheme
    ...I just get this message:
    -bash: dpkg-deb: command not found

What do I have to do??

My problem is that when I try to run the application that I have just downloaded from the repository that I created, it doesn't starts because it was not signed!!!!!!!!!!
    How can I fix this?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spark86 View Post
    My problem is that when I try to run the application that I have just downloaded from the repository that I created, it doesn't starts because it was not signed!!!!!!!!!!
    How can I fix this?
    Run
    Code:
    ldid -S
    on all binaries and shared libraried before packaging...

Quote Originally Posted by isimagan View Post
    Looks like a good guide. But I got one little problem. When I'm going to write the command:
    dpkg-deb -b MyTheme

What do I have to do??
    You need to have dpkg installed:
    Code:
    aptitude install dpkg
    at least for debian-like (Debian, Ubuntu) systems...

Quote Originally Posted by jhgi View Post
    What text or file am I supposed to be hashing in step 24?
    The .deb file that you just created with
    Code:
    dpkg-deb -b
    Last edited by marcolz; 12-22-2008 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. The Following User Says Thank You to marcolz For This Useful Post:

spark86 (12-23-2008)

I installed it, but I got another problem. I see that someone has looked for the same answers as me before, but I don't know about they have got any answers, not at this forum for sure.

Okey, I write in the code:
    Code:
    dpkg-deb -b MyProgram
    but I get this message back:
    Code:
    sw/bin/dpkg-deb: parse error, in file `MyProgram/DEBIAN/control' near line 4:
     duplicate value for user-defined field `'
    Can someone help me, please??
    Last edited by isimagan; 12-22-2008 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Found an answer, got a new problem

Quote Originally Posted by spark86 View Post
    "MD5Sum: Put the MD5 hash here (to find this out, go to http://hashemall.com and select MD5)"
    On which string I have to create the MD5 hash?
    on the top

Okay, I have a question. It probably won't be my last either.. it's pretty much the same as spark86's. What text or file am I supposed to be hashing in step 24?
    the whole file.

dpkg-deb -b MyTheme

What do I have to do??
    are you on a mac? or debian? on mac youre supposed to go and download fink. search it on google
    Last edited by itouchr; 12-22-2008 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have done that, and I have fixed the problem. My next problem is that i wrote for not so long time ago in this forum:

I installed it, but I got another problem. I see that someone has looked for the same answers as me before, but I don't know about they have got any answers, not at this forum for sure.

Okey, I write in the code:
    Code:
    dpkg-deb -b MyProgram
    but I get this message back:
    Code:
    Can someone help me, please??

Okay, I think I'm done. Great guide, Alec! Just one more question. Right now I have one deb in my repository. Let's say it's an app. Say I want to add another app. Do I just drop in the new into the debs folder, and skip a line and update the existing packages file? Thanks again!

EDIT: Okay another problem.. I can't download my package - it's a WinterBoard theme. When I tap "Install" in Cydia, I see the black installing screen that says Running at the top, but nothing gets installed and it immediately goes to the "Return to Cydia" button with Complete at the top. There are no new themes in WinterBoard. What do I do wrong?
    Last edited by jhgi; 12-23-2008 at 07:49 AM.

Default Duplicate value
    Hi everyone,

I have the same problem. when I try to run dpkg appear this message:

Who can help me?

Regards...

Quote Originally Posted by rmorita View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have the same problem. when I try to run dpkg appear this message:

Who can help me?

Regards...
    I got that too. I fixed it by switching the Text Encoding. If it's set to Unicode (UTF-16), then switch it to Unicode (UTF-8) or vice versa.

I got that too. I fixed it by switching the Text Encoding. If it's set to Unicode (UTF-16), then switch it to Unicode (UTF-8) or vice versa.
    i think on the bottom line of the control file, you have to click after the bottom line then hit enter then save it again. thats how i got mine back to normal. here ill put a new post on here in like 20 minutes whick will have a video tutorial on that. you know, how to get that right.

For you guys that get the SW Parse ERROR, I uploaded a video to my site on how to get that working.

VIDEO: http://iroboticshowoff.com/files/error.html

For the links I explained in the video, here they are.

CONTROL: http://iroboticshowoff.com/files/control

Enter those in Safari and download them then open them in gTxtEdit.

My Cydia Repo: http://iroboticshowoff.com/apt
    Last edited by itouchr; 12-27-2008 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

14. The Following User Says Thank You to itouchr For This Useful Post:

mactop90 (08-15-2009)

ok i got my repo up and running, but i got 2 questions, how can i add a custom icon to the repo so it wont show the question mark, and how do i manage to update a package and it shows as an available update on cydia?

Quote Originally Posted by itouchr View Post

MD5Sum: Put the MD5 hash here (to find this out, go to http://hashemall.com and select MD5)
    still i have problem in this step...

when i install my application through cydia i get the error "md5sums mismatch"

anybody pls tell me the exact procedure to find the md5sums value....

Quote Originally Posted by kanaya View Post
    ok i got my repo up and running, but i got 2 questions, how can i add a custom icon to the repo so it wont show the question mark, and how do i manage to update a package and it shows as an available update on cydia?
    It's actually more of a PITA than you would think. You actually have to create a deb package that the user must download from your repo that the icons are added to their Cydia folder. What I did was create a package called "repoprep" which contains all the icon files and then for all the apps that I have listed on my repo I just made the "repoprep" file a depends, that way when someone tries to download any of the apps that are on my repo, cydia will see that "repoprep" is listed as a depends and will automatically install it.

If you WinSCP into your phone and navigate to the /private/var/stash/Applications/Cydia.app folder, you will see that there are two folders called "Sections" and "Sources". This is where all the icons for all the repos are located. So you need to create a package that will install png files into these two folders. The sections folder is for your repo icons, so when people go into your section on Cydia this is the icon that will show up where all those lil question marks are.

The "Sources" folder is for your source icon when you go into Cydia and click on "Manage" and you have the list of repos, this is where the the icon that will show up on your source is located.

So essentially you would need to create a debian package that looks something like this...

MAIN FOLDER
    Applications>Cydia.app>Sections>your_section_icon. png
    Applications>Cydia.app>Sources>your_source_icon.pn g
    DEBIAN>control

Then like I said, when you create packages for your repo just add your repoprep as a DEPENDS for every package that way when someone installs an apps off your repo your repoprep package will be installed automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by anils_das View Post

This step is NOT required, and as a matter of fact, when I run dpkg-scanpackages it creates an MD5sum automatically for me.
    Last edited by DSMKilla; 12-30-2008 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

18. The Following User Says Thank You to DSMKilla For This Useful Post:

kanaya (12-31-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by DSMKilla View Post
    It's actually more of a PITA than you would think. You actually have to create a deb package that the user must download from your repo that the icons are added to their Cydia folder. What I did was create a package called "repoprep" which contains all the icon files and then for all the apps that I have listed on my repo I just made the "repoprep" file a depends, that way when someone tries to download any of the apps that are on my repo, cydia will see that "repoprep" is listed as a depends and will automatically install it.

If you WinSCP into your phone and navigate to the /private/var/stash/Applications/Cydia.app folder, you will see that there are two folders called "Sections" and "Sources". This is where all the icons for all the repos are located. So you need to create a package that will install png files into these two folders. The sections folder is for your repo icons, so when people go into your section on Cydia this is the icon that will show up where all those lil question marks are.

The "Sources" folder is for your source icon when you go into Cydia and click on "Manage" and you have the list of repos, this is where the the icon that will show up on your source is located.

So essentially you would need to create a debian package that looks something like this...

MAIN FOLDER
    Applications>Cydia.app>Sections>your_section_icon. png
    Applications>Cydia.app>Sources>your_source_icon.pn g
    DEBIAN>control

Then like I said, when you create packages for your repo just add your repoprep as a DEPENDS for every package that way when someone installs an apps off your repo your repoprep package will be installed automatically.

This step is NOT required, and as a matter of fact, when I run dpkg-scanpackages it creates an MD5sum automatically for me.

thanks, i managed to create the repoprep package to individual download, but i havent been able to make the packages depend on it, can u guide me throught that step, how can i make all the packages depend on repoprep?

thanks, i managed to create the repoprep package to individual download, but i havent been able to make the packages depend on it, can u guide me throught that step, how can i make all the packages depend on repoprep?
    Yeah what you need to do is when your creating the CONTROL file for your packages, just create a line that says...

Depends: com.myrepo.repoprep

Where 'com.myrepo.prep' is the name of your repoprep package. So basically your CONTROL file would look something like this...

Package: whatever
    Version: 1.0
    Priority: standard
    Section: Your Section Name
    Essential: no
    Maintainer: Name <[email protected]>
    Architecture: iphoneos-arm
    Filename:
    Size: 299418
    MD5sum: 863b95916700631c0ef68cad05c2b9ea
    Description:
    Name: Package Name

On another note, if you have a lot of packages on your repo that you would rather not go back and edit the CONTROL files for each one, you can just edit the "Packages" file in your repo and add the "Depends: com.myrepo.repoprep" line to each package. Cydia will still download your repoprep package as a depends for every package that you list it for.
    Last edited by DSMKilla; 12-30-2008 at 09:35 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to DSMKilla For This Useful Post:

kanaya (12-31-2008)

Default md5sums mismatch

whn i run the dpkg-scanpackages , i get a blank file only...

i made md5sums for the deb file from the Hash'em all! Free online text and file hashing

still i get the same error md5sums mismatch....

I never knew how. ask saurik [email protected]

whn i run the dpkg-scanpackages , i get a blank file only...

i made md5sums for the deb file from the Hash'em all! Free online text and file hashing

still i get the same error md5sums mismatch....
    dpkg-scanpackages stopped working so i copied the first one each time.

DSMKilla even though I posted the instructions, my dpkg-scanpackages doesnt work now. Any ideas?
    Last edited by itouchr; 12-31-2008 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

24. The Following User Says Thank You to itouchr For This Useful Post:

anils_das (12-31-2008)

Yeah what you need to do is when your creating the CONTROL file for your packages, just create a line that says...

Where 'com.myrepo.prep' is the name of your repoprep package. So basically your CONTROL file would look something like this...

Package: whatever
    Version: 1.0
    Priority: standard
    Section: Your Section Name
    Essential: no
    Maintainer: Name <[email protected]>
    Architecture: iphoneos-arm
    Filename:
    Size: 299418
    MD5sum: 863b95916700631c0ef68cad05c2b9ea
    Description:
    Name: Package Name

On another note, if you have a lot of packages on your repo that you would rather not go back and edit the CONTROL files for each one, you can just edit the "Packages" file in your repo and add the "Depends: com.myrepo.repoprep" line to each package. Cydia will still download your repoprep package as a depends for every package that you list it for.

thank u man, but then i run into another problem, when i did that to the packages file cause theres so many packages, i got 1 available update, of each package on my repo, and after i update i still keep seein that update on cydia =(

Nevermind i made it, i had to put it on the COntrol file anyways. otherwise it will show a new update even tho u already update it
    Last edited by kanaya; 12-31-2008 at 06:20 AM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast