+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia: cannot install/uninstall anything, error inside.

is a discussion within the

Cydia Support

forums, a part of the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

section;
When trying to install or remove packages on my 2.1 device, i get the following error after the operation starts. Source Error trying to overwrite '/System/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/File Download Plugin.webplugin/Info.plist', which
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Cydia: cannot install/uninstall anything, error inside.
    When trying to install or remove packages on my 2.1 device, i get the following error after the operation starts.

Source Error
    trying to overwrite '/System/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/File Download Plugin.webplugin/Info.plist', which is also in package <package name>

I am not able to remove the named package either.

Thanks

i have the same problem...

Anyone know the solution??

Thank you

Thanks

same here, This is driving me crazy, I get a popup on each install Error source error then an other undetermined error, then it seem app is installed but i feel there are bugs, My chaneg list is nto geting updated, . I tried uninstall the bigboss source and get same errorn then i reinstall it same errors

what is happeing , is any big bug on Cydia ?

Saurik where are you help us pleasee

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

For me, resolving this meant removing dtunes, and rebooting the phone via bossprefs. Error is gone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i have this but i never installed dtunes

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Having this same problem except something about *********.********** is tagged onto the end. I cannot DL, reinstall anything. Everything was fine until i DL dtunes today. Everything worked great like appshare and **********. I dont have safari download manager I wasnt sure if i was supposed to reinstall it after i installed **********.

Ok not sure what exactly i did but i went into installer which I only think I have one in the last couple weeks and it updated. Then when my springboard reloaded I had 6 apps that were available to upgrade which i did not have before i went into installer. Then I went into cydia and and i could install, reinstall whatever i wanted to back to normal. Weird...

Update:

dtunes requires you to have safari download manager and if you have appshare as well that program requires the app ********** which requires safari download manager to be uninstalled. Conflicting download managers im guessing. The fix is to chose one or the other you cannot have both from what I have been experiencing.
    Last edited by butterfingarz; 10-22-2008 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Problem solved!!

Upgrade ********** at version 1.2 and the error disappear...

Green Apple
    Thanks

How do you upgrade **********?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

what is **********? i had the same problem but with mobile-terminal 426 for iso 4 i just kept trying to uninstall it and it worked.