+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: cydia giving me POSIX error?

is a discussion within the

Cydia Support

forums, a part of the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

section;
hey guys im not able to refresh sources in cydia i get the error mentioned in the title.. any help?
    iPhone? More like MyPhone SBik2's Avatar
    Thanks
    Default cydia giving me POSIX error?
    hey guys im not able to refresh sources in cydia i get the error mentioned in the title.. any help?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yeah im getting the same thing. i have the installer beta maybe it has something to do with that
    pwned 2.0 (5a347) edge wireless cant wait to get a 3g

My iPhone is a Part of Me dirtybird1977's Avatar
    Thanks

It's probably just because the server is getting hit hard. I've seen it too. Just close Cydia and open it back up untill you don't get the message. It will go away. It did for me.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

Thanks
    actually i think it was because of andydams old source. ( the one without the i.p address) and i tried adding his new one with the i.p. but it cant be found.. but cydia works fine without those sources

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by soosb21 View Post
    yeah im getting the same thing. i have the installer beta maybe it has something to do with that
    Happening to me as well, closing and restarting (as mentioned) works.

I do not have installer.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SBik2 View Post
    actually i think it was because of andydams old source. ( the one without the i.p address) and i tried adding his new one with the i.p. but it cant be found.. but cydia works fine without those sources
    He's totally right. I had to edit the source list by SSH my ipod and delete the cydia.list file that was under /etc/apt/sources.list.d/

I had both the i.p address AND the andydams other one. I think its just a broken link now.

that finally let my ipod touch to update freely. Everytime i tried to delete the repo under cydia it would just go to the black screen saying updating the sources and it would just say server timed out i would have to restart my ipod in order to get cydia back but i could never update the list.

Hope it helps anyone that is having problems.
    RotiB

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by broti View Post
    He's totally right. I had to edit the source list by SSH my ipod and delete the cydia.list file that was under /etc/apt/sources.list.d/

I had both the i.p address AND the andydams other one. I think its just a broken link now.

that finally let my ipod touch to update freely. Everytime i tried to delete the repo under cydia it would just go to the black screen saying updating the sources and it would just say server timed out i would have to restart my ipod in order to get cydia back but i could never update the list.

Hope it helps anyone that is having problems.
    yah i did that too.. but just wondering. what is the last app that showed up when u refreshed sources... (under changes.. it shows the times the new stuff appeared) besides MiVTones?