Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia Vs Installer

Quote Originally Posted by steelcut View Post
    Cydia is more than ugly. Absolutly Un-Apple.
    Yes the Cydia is un-Apple and that's what's amazing about it. Clearly. It allows unauthorized applications to run, how un-Apple and how Amazing.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

isn't there a "cydia vs. installer: lets find new ways to divide ourselves and bicker like preteens" thread this can get taken too? i seem to remember this being -- at one point or another -- a thread about porting apps over to 2.0... when it became a C vs. I pissing contest, i don't really know, but pehaps we could go back to keeping the thread on topic?

I find it pointless to argue which one is better... They both do the same job that is enough for me. It does not matter if one is more prettier than other. Cydia was the firs that was adapted to 2.0 so I will use it because there is no alternative.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dino86 For This Useful Post:

spoonforknife (07-22-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone xfsasx's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dino86 View Post
    i find it pointless to argue which one is better... They both do the same job that is enough for me. It does not matter if one is more prettier than other. Cydia was the firs that was adapted to 2.0 so i will use it because there is no alternative.
    ftw

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,807 Times in 1,227 Posts

@ AAAARRRRRRGGGGG - agreed. I'll clean it up tonight when home.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Ungrateful immigrants.....
    Dude!!! don't use it if you don't like it or can't use it

The guys are trying their best to help you out and you guys are so ungrateful....
    Wait for Installer...
    AND SU

MMI supports both and it is rather childish to argue which is better. Please do not let this continue, Thank You.

Come on, enough childish fighting. Let's find something more productive to do, like this:

I'm going to sit in this hammock and drink my lombomba until TuneWiki and MusicQuiz are out for the 2.0 firmware.

*sits in hammock; pours a lombomba*

Mmmm. Chocolatey. Anyone want a drink and a hammock?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellbuster View Post
    How did you do that?

I want:
    Agile messenger
    installer
    Nes emulator
    GBA emulator
    Bosstools
    ect...

there is nes on cydia. lol

and the only reason i want installer is cause i want customize and smb prefs.

can someone just make customize and smb prefs compatible with 2.0 and on cydia?

btw i jailbroke my phone using windows xp iphone 3g jailbroken!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to paulhoffmann4086 For This Useful Post:

bradencompton (08-01-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i spoke to a gentleman at instinctiv and he said that they're chugging away trying to get instinctiv shuffle out for 2.0 and that he's thinking it should be about 5~10 days away.

Thanks

spicy chicken is working on getting Customize compatible with 2.0 as well.

Sit tight I've seen enough software changes and things always catch up. The developers are great but these things take time.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

People, just to reiterate (a dead horse)... App availability on 2.0 has NOTHING to do with Installer or Cydia. Also, the only person who can make the app work with 2.0 is the guy who WROTE IT! So why not send him or her an email?
    Last edited by imode; 07-22-2008 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tazlines View Post
    is there a way to get installer on 3g iphone, and get rid of cydia!?
    no not yet, be patient... it shall come within time.. pwnage only came out a few days ago, gotta wait for apps to be ported to 2.0

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,807 Times in 1,227 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by paulhoffmann4086 View Post
    and the only reason i want installer is cause i want customize and smb prefs.
    This is the biggest misconception everyone has, which has been addressed two million times.

If Installer was available RIGHT NOW for 2.0 - it'd have the exact same applications that 2.0 Cydia has.

Folks don't get it - neither Installer nor Cydia are a collection of applications made by the various iPhone developers - they are *package managers*. All they do (not downplaying their significance, but making a point) is allow users to install the applications developers have created, in an easy and understandable way, and all in one place.

The fact is, folks, THE APPLICATIONS YOU HAD ON 1.X ARE NOT YET READY FOR 2.0. This has nothing to do with Cydia. Nothing to do with Installer. And is, in fact, the reason I started this thread, which is now going to need to be cleaned up. The reason is the 2.0 iPhone firmware is considerably different than 1.x versions. Developers are porting their apps over, and when they do, they'll be sure to list them in the appropriate package managers (Cydia would be the *only* current 2.0 package manager).

Get it?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    this is the biggest misconception everyone has, which has been addressed two million times.

If installer was available right now for 2.0 - it'd have the exact same applications that 2.0 cydia has.

Folks don't get it - neither installer nor cydia are a collection of applications made by the various iphone developers - they are *package managers*. All they do (not downplaying their significance, but making a point) is allow users to install the applications developers have created, in an easy and understandable way, and all in one place.

The fact is, folks, the applications you had on 1.x are not yet ready for 2.0. This has nothing to do with cydia. Nothing to do with installer. And is, in fact, the reason i started this thread, which is now going to need to be cleaned up. The reason is the 2.0 iphone firmware is considerably different than 1.x versions. Developers are porting their apps over, and when they do, they'll be sure to list them in the appropriate package managers (cydia would be the *only* current 2.0 package manager).

Get it?

well put. People, be patient, it will happen. I was cursing the fact that i upgraded, but i am sure eventually we'll all get customize, vid recorder, and such....in due time.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The only thing I don't like about Cydia is that it's not a 100% easy solution to installing packages like Installer was. Installer was just tap, tap your done, it contained easy to understand descriptions, details, and all that jazz.

You open up Cydia and you get all these utilites that sound like "Unix" codenames, what's up with that? Why don't they just put NORMAL names with a detailed description, why do they have to make it so elite that people without a brain can't use it? lol. I get that this is a hacker community thing, but COME ON even Installer had some class that beat that.. that's why everyone preferred it.

Make Cydia easier and simpler to understand and I will use it RIGHT-AWAY-SIR!
    "Money is only unimportant if you have it."

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPraetor View Post
    The only thing I don't like about Cydia is that it's not a 100% easy solution to installing packages like Installer was. Installer was just tap, tap your done, it contained easy to understand descriptions, details, and all that jazz.

You open up Cydia and you get all these utilites that sound like "Unix" codenames, what's up with that? Why don't they just put NORMAL names with a detailed description, why do they have to make it so elite that people without a brain can't use it? lol. I get that this is a hacker community thing, but COME ON even Installer had some class that beat that.. that's why everyone preferred it.

Make Cydia easier and simpler to understand and I will use it RIGHT-AWAY-SIR!
    Wow... That's all I can say. Did you not read anything in this thread? UNIX codenames??? Thanks for the laugh dude
    Last edited by imode; 07-23-2008 at 07:29 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Cydia doesn't have any option to add sources from its interface, after installation of apps Phone crashes (sometimes while refreshing), interface still sucks, hundreds of un-necessary developer tools(for most of users) installed....n many many more bugs Cydia has.
    I simply love Installer. Do the dev-team have had any trouble with nullriver team??? then why didn't they ported Installer(most popular & with most apps & resource addable) with their pwnage 2.0? rather providing boaring n buggy Cydia instead... very funny...
    We want our good old Installer back ( may be installer 4.0 on its way already )

n who da hell cares abt being open source....

Stop hating each other...n think abt us n be competetive....

CHEERS!!!
    Last edited by saudimran; 07-23-2008 at 07:31 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Though cydia is stronger then installer but after that also I like Installer.
    Boil your iPhone 2G in 110 degree temperature water to transform it to iPhone 3G S!!

Help me please someone...

I have just updated from 1.1.4 to 2.0 (1st Gen Iphone) and everything went smoothly then i clicked on the cydia app and it asked me to updat and it has completely crashed my phone, i cant switch it off or do anything it jys stays that it is downloading and there is a spiining disc in the middle.

managed to get it sorted never mind
    Last edited by philliphudson; 07-29-2008 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast