Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: cydia returning errors

Default cydia returning errors
    Hi recently cydia has started returning bizarre errors such as 'failed in buffer_write(fd) (6, ret=-1) meaning that I cannot change repositories or install programs. I think this may have had something to do with me trying to mod folder permissions to make gpsphone work ok and I may have used ibrickr or I may have used a donloadable utility. Any ideas would be great ok what I used was bossprefs and the 'fix user dirs' option, is tha what caused it
    Last edited by thestrangestick; 04-28-2008 at 05:58 PM.

I know this is an older post, but I cam across th same issue this week.
    Resolution was to do the following...
    Uninstall all the packages YOU installed via Cydia (not all the packages, just those ones you installed - these are shown in colour usually). then reboot.
    Do the same with Installer and then uninstall installer itself. then reboot.

It should now work fine, if not re-install Cydia Installer via Cydia and reboot, that should do it. Do not install BSD after this as it will wreck the Cydia installation.

Hope this helps for anyone else with similar issues, as there's a useless response to this post on Yahoo answers!

The problem is that you're out of disk space on the smaller partition, which is the default location to install new apps. You need to set up your iPhone/iPod Touch to install programs to the larger partition. Luckily, this is easy to do.

See this video. In short, uninstall one app, install BossTool, then with BossTool just relocate fonts, ringtones, and, if you have to, applications.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMp68cOFjoA]YouTube - Fix 2.0 Jailbreak Issues. failed in buffer_write(fd), FIXED![/ame]