+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Questions about cydia

is a discussion within the

Cydia Support

forums, a part of the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

section;
hi, just before I went to unlock my phone with iliberty it made me download a patch to install cydia instead of installer. To put it bluntly, I hate it.
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Questions about cydia
    hi, just before I went to unlock my phone with iliberty it made me download a patch to install cydia instead of installer. To put it bluntly, I hate it. Unless I'm being stupid then you can't add any of the apps yourself meaning that instead of all these lovely apps like fring that installer users enjoy, and gpsphone, I am limited to just a few sources. So what is the easiest way to uninstall cydia and replace it with installer, or can you have them both installed simultaneously? Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I agree! im not a huge hacker... and Installer is perfect for me, now I'm stuck with Cydia because of iLiberty and I cannot figure out how to add sources to it, especially my iappcat!! if anyone knows how to add iappcat to cydia let me know!

iPhone? More like MyPhone diggie2002's Avatar
    Thanks

Red face What I did...
    J/B with Ziphone 3.0 which installs installer(of course)... Then I Installed BSD subsystem and open SSH..It's worked flawlessly for me! I use iPhonebrowser instead of Open SSH but everyone has their preferences i guess. I know I'm a noob but I'd still like to contribute my experience with the forum. Thanks for letting me share!

Rip
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I had the same issue with iLiberty.

Installer can be chosen as a payload from the advanced tab.

I re-ran iLiberty+ just choosing the jailbreak option (it can't be unchekced) and added installer as a payload. (I had previously used iLiberty+ to jailbreak, unlock and activate).

It worked just fine.

I am stuck with Cydia though.

There is the option under Cydia to uninstall Cydia! Not sure if it will work though.

Can it be removed via SSH by just deleting the app folder?