+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Found Ipod touch - anyone help?

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Hi all before anyone says anything no I am not trying to steal it! I found a IPod touch today and I was going to look to see if I
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Found Ipod touch - anyone help?
    Hi all
    before anyone says anything no I am not trying to steal it!

I found a IPod touch today and I was going to look to see if I could find the owner either with Emails, or hopefully some sort of contact details with it, unfortunately for the owner it is password locked and I cannot get into it to view anything, does anyone have a way that I could possibly locate the owner?

I don't really want to hand it into the police as they wont do anything with it and prob just store it somewhere and never find the owner again.

if there is a program or someway of removing the passcode just to get into it would be great , if not ill just have to hand it into the police.

cheers

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Without a passcode then you'll just store it and never find owner. Best to just hand it over to police or if you found it on some property to give it to that company. Say like you found it in a store or on bus or something. People back track looking for stuff sometimes.

Sorry but we can't help with removing pass codes from devices because you never really know if stories match. (Nothing against you but just a general rule.)

And if it is on iOS 7 then it would be iTunes locked too.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have handed it in now anyway, if I was the type of keep it then I would have do a full restore on it but I'm not lol

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stu_C View Post
    I have handed it in now anyway, if I was the type of keep it then I would have do a full restore on it but I'm not lol
    If it was on iOS 7 you couldn't anyway as it would be iTunes locked. Even in DFU.