+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple or Android?

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
hey guys, I wanted to get some opinions from those of you who have used both Android and iOS. Lately I've felt the need to switch and try Android (mainly
    iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple or Android?
    hey guys, I wanted to get some opinions from those of you who have used both Android and iOS. Lately I've felt the need to switch and try Android (mainly cuz it's open source and the freedom to customize without waiting for a jailbreak, but not sure how rooting would work), but wanted some input on why the move could be bad or good.

I've always heard of folks switching from Android and not going back, but why?

I do like the bigger screen sizes, and hoping Apple comes out with some new hardware soon.

Thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by evolution83 View Post
    hey guys, I wanted to get some opinions from those of you who have used both Android and iOS. Lately I've felt the need to switch and try Android (mainly cuz it's open source and the freedom to customize without waiting for a jailbreak, but not sure how rooting would work), but wanted some input on why the move could be bad or good.

I've always heard of folks switching from Android and not going back, but why?

I do like the bigger screen sizes, and hoping Apple comes out with some new hardware soon.

Thanks
    If you want an answer specifically designed for your true intention, then you'll need to provide details of what you're looking for in the OS you want.

To the generic population of consumers who have no expertise or use in the extravagant features of these operating systems, I'd suggest iOS. iOS is very user friendly and simple to use, in addition to very restricted relative to android thereby making it easier for the less technological illiterate.

However, since you've stated something like "freedom to customize" I would assume your going to be fooling around and playing with it. In that case, Android. It's got freedom and the specifications to play around with, although I haven't personally "hacked" any android devices.

Thanks

For me personally, I've "hacked" both Apple and Android devices. Regarding the aspect of both OS'es indeed, iOS is more user friendly and a bit more dumbed-down, especially for the technologically illiterate. On the other hand, Android had a slew of customization options, and if you don't know what you're doing you might end up with something not so pleasant, i.e. force closes; bad looking home screen; etc.

It is however, a bit different to "jailbreak" or root an android phone. Any root method is practically identical to the phone, and now that galaxy devices offer more protection it has become increasingly difficult to find an exploit. However, there is a wide range of options you can find to customize your phone to your liking. From some really cool live wallpapers, to changing your home screen to one that suits you, and even customizing your status bar to match your theme, not to mention some really useful lock screen changes. All without having to go through the rooting process!!

I think that: if jailbreak weren't possible at all, half of us would already be gone from iOS. You'd go crazy looking at just a bland screen.

Well, that's just my opinion.

Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    go for iOS, man!