Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: iPhone upgrading question?!?!is a discussion within the
Chit Chatforums, a part of the
So I want to take a quick poll. I have 2 accounts that are eligible for an upgrade. I'm willing to burn one of them pending on what you all...
08-15-2013, 02:59 PM #1
iPhone upgrading question?!?!
So I want to take a quick poll. I have 2 accounts that are eligible for an upgrade. I'm willing to burn one of them pending on what you all think!!!
I currently have 2 x iPhone 4 and an iPhone 4S. With Best Buy's recent trade-in promo, I can get an iPhone 5 16GB for free.
If I do this, I'd trade-in my heavily used iPhone 4 and keep my flawless iPhone 4 as well as the iPhone 4S.
Lastly, I'd prolly either sell the new iPhone 5 and flawless iPhone 4 (using the 4S as my personal phone until the 5S drops) OR keep the iPhone 5 and sell the 4 and 4S later on.
My rough figures:
iPhone 5 + iPhone 4 = $600-700
iPhone 4 + iPhone 4S = $400-500
In the end, I need to keep one of the devices since I use it as an iPod for my daughter.
What do you all think?
Do the trade-in? If so, which should I keep?
Last edited by thazsar; 08-15-2013 at 03:01 PM.
08-15-2013, 03:31 PM #2
08-15-2013, 04:47 PM #3
08-15-2013, 05:39 PM #4
Chit chat for now. The thread ya posted in is for selling devices
08-15-2013, 05:42 PM #5
Last edited by blkcadi; 08-15-2013 at 05:45 PM.
08-15-2013, 05:48 PM #6
08-15-2013, 05:57 PM #7
I'm with bo I couldn't sell them I have them all from first to iPhone 5 all in there boxes with chargers but that's me
08-15-2013, 06:09 PM #8
The only Apple product I ever sold was my first MBP. I have everything else too (including all original accessories and boxes), from original 2g to i5, iPods, iPads, mini's, iMac's and even a couple spares devices I've picked up through the years .
Dang, a lot of money sitting around. Apple FanGurl I recon. lol
08-15-2013, 06:11 PM #9
Sounds like me. Little girl plays with the iPad 2 that I got my wife.
08-16-2013, 12:27 AM #10
Well, the two iPhone 4s I got for free! It'd be nice to keep one around BUT if posixninja's 'infinite Bootrom exploit' pans out, then I'd be inclined to sell both.
I'm thinking of money, though. If I upgraded to an ip5, I could easily resell it to fund the ip5S. The other phone I sell will recoup the loss I'm temporarily taking for buying an iPad mini and iPad 4.
I don't care much for keeping the older devices around SO...if you were in my shoes, what choice would you make?
Trade in an ip4 for another ip5?
If so, keep it or immediately unlock it and resell it?
08-16-2013, 05:04 AM #11
If ya gonna sell the iPhone 5 for help for the new phone. Ya need to do it quick. The price gonna be dropping soon for them.