+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I have a problem

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Well my Toshbia Laptop died on me on Tuesday and I'm out of warranty. What happened was my screen turned black and it seemed like it shut off. It was
    Thanks

Default I have a problem
    Well my Toshbia Laptop died on me on Tuesday and I'm out of warranty. What happened was my screen turned black and it seemed like it shut off. It was very hot so I let it cool down. I tried to turn it back on but it would sometimes go to the Tosbia logo and then the screen would go black. I waited and then I tried to turn it back on and it went past the Tosbia boot logo and went to the Window's logo and then the screen would go black. I would like to know what is going on! I removed the battery and nothing has changed.

It's a Toshbia Satellite Laptop.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,196 Times in 1,919 Posts

Try a new battery or charging cable? It really sounds like it's overheating so it'll shut off whenever it gets too hot. Could you disassemble it and clean it out? Maybe cleanse it with some 100% or 99% iso alcohol, clear the dust and whatnot out. Just don't use anything below 95%...I'd really stick with 99% at the least. If you don't want to open it up, maybe just get compressed air to clean out your keyboard and the vents.