+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 7

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
With the reveal of iOS 7 coming this fall, tell me what you guys think. Will it impact your daily lives or will you still want to depend on jailbreak
    Thanks

Default iOS 7
    With the reveal of iOS 7 coming this fall, tell me what you guys think. Will it impact your daily lives or will you still want to depend on jailbreak tweaks to make it unique to you ? What tweaks will u live without until a jailbreak?

I for one use a number of tweaks. One of the tweaks at had kinda been answered is pandora skips. With my subscription to iTunes Match , this iTunes radio is ad-free. Now the only problem would be that my radio is a new pioneer with appmode which integrates iOS and apps to the radio like pandora....but eh,..

Another tweak is sbs settings...handled now with control center.

I'm really excited With the new look and feel and can't wait to give it a test!
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Thanks

I'm apprehensive about how performance will be on this new build... Frankly, I'm expecting either lassitude but the phone lasting all day or snappy with two hours of life. As for the OS itself, I'm refraining from judgment. Can't help but feel like this is Apple caving to the trend of "flatter" OSes. Sure it's still uniquely Apple but there are large cues taken from competing services...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I'm apprehensive about how performance will be on this new build... Frankly, I'm expecting either lassitude but the phone lasting all day or snappy with two hours of life. As for the OS itself, I'm refraining from judgment. Can't help but feel like this is Apple caving to the trend of "flatter" OSes. Sure it's still uniquely Apple but there are large cues taken from competing services...
    While this does have many (and I mean MANY similes) to other OS's and jailbreak tweaks mainly , I see it as a refined approach to it. Apple governs their tweaks to perfection when it comes to battery , and functionality...with a Chadian tweak , there are multiple updates because of problems...that later get fixed along the way

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sital's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,992 Times in 735 Posts

Right now I think I will wait until there is a jailbreak for iOS 7 to update. My main reasons for jailbreaking are biteSMS (QC/QR), LockInfo, and NCSettings. While LockInfo and NCSettings are not as important with the changes in iOS 7, there still doesn't seem to be a QC/QR option which is really tough to live without once you've gotten used to it. Of course, I could easily change my mind when fall rolls around.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by S1TAL View Post
    Right now I think I will wait until there is a jailbreak for iOS 7 to update. My main reasons for jailbreaking are biteSMS (QC/QR), LockInfo, and NCSettings. While LockInfo and NCSettings are not as important with the changes in iOS 7, there still doesn't seem to be a QC/QR option which is really tough to live without once you've gotten used to it. Of course, I could easily change my mind when fall rolls around.
    I agree with the QC/QR