+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Teach me how to Android

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Hey everybody, I am thinking about switching over to Android. I am a total android newb, I have only really messed around briefly with a few different android phones over
    My iPhone is a Part of Me thecrunked's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Teach me how to Android
    Hey everybody, I am thinking about switching over to Android. I am a total android newb, I have only really messed around briefly with a few different android phones over the years, so I don't have much experience with them. I consider myself an iDevice expert, I've had almost every iPhone, 2 iPads, and helped dozens of people jailbreak, learn to use their iphones, fixed them, sold them, etc. I am also highly proficient with both windows and mac so i am not worried about learning a new system. I just want to skip the time it takes scouring the internet for tips and tricks and everything I need to know about android and I am looking for help from anybody who can.

I have a basic understanding of droids, in that I know they are open for loading custom roms, i know they generally come preinstalled with horrible bloatware versions of android from the service providers.

I am mainly looking for the following things:
    -up to date android basic guides, advanced use guides, ROM info, hacking info
    -Resource and news websites similar to iClarified, RedmondPie, ModMyi, Sinful iPhone, etc focused on droid news, tweaks, hacks, etc
    -info on which devices are generally considered the best
    -which ROMs are considered best and what the differences are and their comparability to the devices out there
    -equivalents of iPhone tweaks that I love (aka PDANet, ifile, winterboard, 3g unrestricter, swipeselection, manualcorrect pro, multitasking, etc) and i am aware some of that stuff is just stock android
    -any other things i didn't mention that you may think is helpful to me

also in case you are wondering why i am considering switching its because ive had an iphone forever and i'm getting bored with it. i also am sick of dealing with apple stifling innovative jailbreaking tweaks, itunes being awful and mandatory, small screen (even on i5), and i am generally dissapointed at how little iOS has changed since the iphone 3g.

so in closing, i would really appreciate any insight into being an android pro

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,054 Times in 4,200 Posts

Not being harsh i have an galaxy s3 but I would consider maybe finding an android forum and ask this? Since this is an iPhone forum.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,808 Times in 2,187 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thecrunked View Post
    Hey everybody, I am thinking about switching over to Android. I am a total android newb, I have only really messed around briefly with a few different android phones over the years, so I don't have much experience with them. I consider myself an iDevice expert, I've had almost every iPhone, 2 iPads, and helped dozens of people jailbreak, learn to use their iphones, fixed them, sold them, etc. I am also highly proficient with both windows and mac so i am not worried about learning a new system. I just want to skip the time it takes scouring the internet for tips and tricks and everything I need to know about android and I am looking for help from anybody who can.

I have a basic understanding of droids, in that I know they are open for loading custom roms, i know they generally come preinstalled with horrible bloatware versions of android from the service providers.

I am mainly looking for the following things:
    -up to date android basic guides, advanced use guides, ROM info, hacking info
    -Resource and news websites similar to iClarified, RedmondPie, ModMyi, Sinful iPhone, etc focused on droid news, tweaks, hacks, etc
    -info on which devices are generally considered the best
    -which ROMs are considered best and what the differences are and their comparability to the devices out there
    -equivalents of iPhone tweaks that I love (aka PDANet, ifile, winterboard, 3g unrestricter, swipeselection, manualcorrect pro, multitasking, etc) and i am aware some of that stuff is just stock android
    -any other things i didn't mention that you may think is helpful to me

also in case you are wondering why i am considering switching its because ive had an iphone forever and i'm getting bored with it. i also am sick of dealing with apple stifling innovative jailbreaking tweaks, itunes being awful and mandatory, small screen (even on i5), and i am generally dissapointed at how little iOS has changed since the iphone 3g.

so in closing, i would really appreciate any insight into being an android pro
    Check out any tech blog two newest andriod phones on the market are the HTC One and the Samsung S4 do some research on which one would better suit you. As for android sites google search "android forums" xda and modmymobile are both decent sites and also android forums. Both site have guides and explain in alot more detail then what i want to type about devices rooting (jailbreaking), roms, tweaks ect
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

2k1
    Thanks

Xda and android forum I'm on with my other phone they very helpful and rooting well I can't figure out how to do it on my gs3

Thanks

thanks for the info so far guys

2k1
    Thanks

Ya welcome good luck with ya pick. Leaning towards one?

Thanks

well i'm on verizon so i guess that rules out the htc one. i need to do more research but as far as i know the galaxy s4 seems to be the best one out there. not sure if i want to get one and than the new iphone comes out and blows it out of the water. maybe i'll hold off until wwdc. honestly tho, i don't know that i would really be excited for the iphone 5S if it just packs a slightly nicer camera and slightly faster processor, that really seems boring to me. it would be nice to see some real innovation, imo the iphone has stagnated in the past few years and none of the major iOS updates has really wowed me in a long while. it would also be nice to have a larger screen

Thanks
    Thanked 3,808 Times in 2,187 Posts

I believe motorola will be coming out with a new droid pretty soon for verizon so might see if you can find anything on that
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here