Page 90 of 92 FirstFirst ... 40 808889909192 LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 1827

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Great Debate

Thanks
    Thanked 15,279 Times in 7,010 Posts

We have had many arguments based on your view of not being able to see how others around the world are. This travel one is just the latest version of that. Our very first argument on people who need to unlock is based on the same principle, you not being able to see past your own views and experiences.

Prepare to have your view broadened lol

Top countries in Europe

Worldwide

Default The Great Debate
    That data -- doesn't prove 'daily travel' by THOSE millions. For millions to be COMPELLED to BUY a non-roaming based standalone GPS unit for fear of excessive roaming - they would have to DAILY travel over the borders.

Now - many of us could also be persuaded to buy one for our UPCOMING, once a year, twice a year trip - abroad. Your data only points to all individuals that may, once or twice in a year travel between countries in Europe. It doesn't speak to the point I raised, bro. And no, I'm not trying to tighten the criteria now. My implication from the Europe post should have been clear: millions in Europe don't individually have a daily-travel motivated need for a non-roaming based GPS unit.

NOW - having said that.. I am surprised at how tourism is increasing. That's amazing..

But, Simon when you've visited 9 countries and done work in each one for lengthy periods.. then you can begin to lecture me on my world view, bro.. LOL!!.. How often do YOU leave that island, bro.. LOL!!! I'm not as travelled as Ian.. But I'm pretty sure I'm more travelled than you are bro.. .. Set me straight if I'm wrong...

But your view of me as this 'middle-aged, stay at home, American' is VERY misplaced, my friend..
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 06-12-2014 at 10:18 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,966 Times in 6,531 Posts

Default The Great Debate
    Here's the one feature that I absolutely love about Navigon. It shows you what the speed limit is on the street that you are traveling. It also shows you your current speed. I can set an alert when I go a specified amount over the posted speed to help in avoiding confrontations with the law. I don't even have to look at my speedometer! I don't see Apple or Google maps having any of those features. They don't even compare. Plus the POI features are also second to none!
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 06-12-2014 at 10:28 AM.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Simon (06-12-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    That data -- doesn't prove 'daily travel' by any ONE of those millions. For a person to be COMPELLED to BUY a non-roaming based standalone GPS unit for fear of excessive roaming - they would have to DAILY travel over the borders. Now - many of us could also be persuaded to buy one for our UPCOMING, once a year, twice a year trip - abroad. Your data only points to all individuals that may, once or twice in a year travel from Spain to Germany. It doesn't speak at all to the point I raised, bro. And no, I'm not trying to tighten the criteria now. My argument from the Europe post has been very clear.

NOW - having said that.. I am surprised at how tourism is increasing. That's amazing..

But, Simon when you've visited 9 countries and done work in each one for lengthy periods.. then you can begin to lecture me on my world view, bro.. LOL!!.. How often do YOU leave that island, bro.. LOL!!! I'm not as travelled as Ian.. But I'm pretty sure I'm more travelled than you are bro.. .. Set me straight if I'm wrong...

But your view of me as this 'middle-aged, stay at home, American' is VERY misplaced, my friend..
    Sigh, obviously you and I are not talking about the same thing. Thought I summed it up pretty well but you just couldn't accept that could you? Not wasting any more of my day finding statistics for you just to find some explanation around it.

Countries I have been to:
    US - from Vegas, Los Angeles to Philly, Massachusetts, New York, Florida etc, etc.
    Canada, From Toronto to Nova Scotia
    UK - London to Cornwall
    Spain
    France
    Italy
    Monaco
    Puerto Rico
    St. kitts
    Barbados
    Bahamas

Didn't mean to exasperate you, bro. We are inDEED not talking about the same thing, but I have appreciated your attempts to broaden my horizons.. Just don't think they need broadening / on this topic, at least..

I've visited and/or worked in:
    Canada
    Spain
    Mexico
    Turkey
    Bahamas (us territory?)
    Jamaica (us??)
    France
    Germany
    England

Thanks
    Thanked 9,889 Times in 6,042 Posts

I love Navigon, been using it for years and never failed me, in the States or other countries.

(Sorry I missed all the action here, getting ready to leave for a road trip today, using Navigon of coarse).

Bahamas (us territory?)
    Jamaica (us??)
    What?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

Simon (06-12-2014)

Thanks

Didn't mean to exasperate you, bro. We are inDEED not talking about the same thing, but I have appreciated your attempts to broaden my horizons.. Just don't think they need broadening / on this topic, at least..

I've visited and/or worked in:
    Canada
    Spain
    Mexico
    Turkey
    Bahamas (us territory?)
    Jamaica (us??)
    France
    Germany
    England
    It's cool, realized we weren't. You and King can battle it out on which is better on a daily basis for an individual. I can't really enter that debate because of where I live. I don't need any gps apps here (nobody does) and when I travel I need the maps to be built in because I don't always have data.

Jamaica and Bahamas are not US territory. Both are individual commonwealths and countries in their own right. Both used to be part of the commonwealth of Great Britain but are both independent now since the 60's/70's.

I will also admit to ONE great advantage of a standalone GPS app.. No HEATING UP your phone.. Though Maps.app and GoogleMaps app are VERY accurate and have never failed me - they heat up my phone bigtime and kill battery. I leave phone plugged in charging in car, of course.. But the phone gets MEGA hot..

I also liked my TomTom's landscape view a little better than Maps or GoogleMaps.. Though they run in Landscape view on your phone.. they're not quite large enough for my eyes.. and the contrast is a little less sharp than my TomTom had.. When we get a 4.7" screen in iPhone 6 - I think that will be better... But the heat issue is still a mild concern for me with all the travel I do..

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    It's cool, realized we weren't. You and King can battle it out on which is better on a daily basis for an individual. I can't really enter that debate because of where I live. I don't need any gps apps here (nobody does) and when I travel I need the maps to be built in because I don't always have data.

Jamaica and Bahamas are not US territory. Both are individual commonwealths and countries in their own right. Both used to be part of the commonwealth of Great Britain but are both independent now since the 60's/70's.
    Thanks for the grace, sir! And for the education on Bahamas and Jamaica. Don't know why in my music touring years I never hit Bermuda. I'm sure it's a hot bed for music groups.. Weird that I never made it there.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Simon (06-12-2014)

Thanks

I will also admit to ONE great advantage of a standalone GPS app.. No HEATING UP your phone.. Though Maps.app and GoogleMaps app are VERY accurate and have never failed me - they heat up my phone bigtime and kill battery. I leave phone plugged in charging in car, of course.. But the phone gets MEGA hot..

I also liked my TomTom's landscape view a little better than Maps or GoogleMaps.. Though they run in Landscape view on your phone.. they're not quite large enough for my eyes.. and the contrast is a little less sharp than my TomTom had.. When we get a 4.7" screen in iPhone 6 - I think that will be better... But the heat issue is still a mild concern for me with all the travel I do..

Thanks for the grace, sir! And for the education on Bahamas and Jamaica. Don't know why in my music touring years I never hit Bermuda. I'm sure it's a hot bed for music groups.. Weird that I never made it there.
    Our music is heavily influenced by the US and Jamaica I would say. Hip hop, reggae and soca. Only person I can think of that has had off the island success is Collie Buddz. Ever heard of him?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Our music is heavily influenced by the US and Jamaica I would say. Hip hop, reggae and soca. Only person I can think of that has had off the island success is Collie Buddz. Ever heard of him?
    No sir.. Haven't heard of him.. But 'let me Google that for .... me'..

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (06-12-2014), meth357 (08-05-2014)

Thanks

^ He's no Marley, he's white (it seems) but not bad.

Thanks

What's wrong with being white?
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    What's wrong with being white?
    What's wrong with being Asian?

Thanks

Nothing! Asian is one of my favorite flavors!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

EricB78 (06-15-2014)

Nothing! Asian is one of my favorite flavors!
    👆
    🙀😳

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    👆
    🙀😳
    Oh c'mon! That comment was a little distasteful, but it didn't deserve that first emoti!

Oh c'mon! That comment was a little distasteful, but it didn't deserve that first emoti!
    It's a pointy. LOL.

Thanks

It looks like its pointing with the middle finger!

In King's defense I too was saw it as a middle finger.. But then I looked up the emoji chart and there is no middle finger emoji. Then I saw it was a pointy.

Page 90 of 92 FirstFirst ... 40 808889909192 LastLast