+ Reply
Page 84 of 91 FirstFirst ... 34 748283848586 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 1802

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Great Debate

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Originally Posted by Simon Well let's have it then, YouTube time? Lol jk jk lol!! You all have heard tell of my Grammy winning work as a producer/engineer.. Though I'm
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,719 Times in 4,403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Well let's have it then, YouTube time? Lol jk jk
    lol!! You all have heard tell of my Grammy winning work as a producer/engineer.. Though I'm white as the driven snow - the majority of my career work in the studio has been in R&B & Black Gospel. Let's just say I'm a man of "dual culture"...
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks
    Thanked 11,305 Times in 2,723 Posts

So where exactly are you from? Lol

Point is. You think you are well versed in history. She is a double doctrine. Studied
    At oxford in England and west point. She sits in front of jeopardy and answers every question. You sit on a forum and presume to know everything. When she states something from the past. I tend to take her word on it. Cause she has read just about every book you could think of

No offense to you. But she can cite her sources on demand. The 26 times you have been asked to cite yours, you have countered with the ole "google it" remark.

And I don't mean this offensively. And surely he was not the only reasoning behind it becoming illegal. But he had a major part in it , as I was told, by a REAL historian.
    Last edited by hemptation; 04-23-2014 at 08:42 PM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

iRyanKGT (04-25-2014), Krima (04-24-2014)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,056 Times in 1,696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    lol!! You all have heard tell of my Grammy winning work as a producer/engineer.. Though I'm white as the driven snow - the majority of my career work in the studio has been in R&B & Black Gospel. Let's just say I'm a man of "dual culture"...
    Walter Mitty

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,844 Times in 6,155 Posts

Hemp is definitely correct here. If memory serves me, it was initially a law that forced the growing of hemp going back to the original colonies. It started to become illegal to get rid of the Mexicans coming to work the hemp plantations and taking jobs from citizens. (Sound familiar!) hemp was used in the making of newspaper and hence the change to pine and the need for a law. Later it was also a way to perpetuate racism as it was believed that mostly blacks, hispanics, etc. were the main users of MJ.

Now I've left out a ton of dates and details here, but that is the main 2% of the story.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (04-24-2014), iRyanKGT (04-24-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hemptation View Post
    And surely Rockefeller was not the only reasoning behind pot becoming illegal. But he had a major part in it as I was told,
    Now "that's" the first reasonable thing you've said on the whole topic, Hemp. Now you understand my point... You left out important points in your original broad statement..

Thanks

Young? Lol. Well check this lesson padawan. Arguing Hemps origin and common uses with someone who's online persona is named hemp
    Is historically not a good idea. I might not be 60. But I am
    Surely not 21

Besides. I am more of a doer as opposed to a reader/thinker.

Now what albums exactly have you produced?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

iRyanKGT (04-24-2014)

Thanks

Young? Lol. Well check this lesson padawan. Arguing Hemps origin and common uses with someone who's online persona is named hemp is historically not a good idea.
    LOL!.. Fair enough, good brother...

Now what albums exactly have you produced?
    Shirley Caesar, LA Mass Choir, Colorado Mass Choir, New Jersey Mass Choir, Fred Hammond, Yolanda Adams, Vanessa Williams, Ty Tribbet, Bishop TD Jakes, GMA Association, Vicki Winans.. and the list is quite long.. (that I've engineered, co-produced, produced or arranged for...)

--------------------
    Now for those interested in reading the 'real and full history' of the illegal status of MJ that has deep roots as far back as the 1600's you can educate yourselves a little further (with many citations to other corroborating texts) here: Legal history of Cannabis You won't see the Rockefeller name as a centerpiece really at all.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 04-24-2014 at 05:37 AM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

hemptation (04-24-2014), iRyanKGT (04-24-2014)

I even don't know who I really am
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,967 Times in 2,338 Posts

Let me tell you something. Even Rob caught him faking an elite icon. Try again bro. And I don't just throw words around cause I think I know what I am talking about. We put "his" icon set side by side with the original and then posted them in our alpha squad and called him out. And then he backpedaled talking about he was working with the rector to port the theme to iPhone.

I know what I'm talking about. I was there. And you were not. You were Ina. Circle. Or on a thread. Being shown some pictures. Of other people's work. And believing it as his. Believe what you want. Defend what you want. But be careful in where you place yourself in who you defend. Is all I am saying. The rest of this could mean nothing to me. But I was there when we called Ellersbee out bro. So check yourself
    mod edit, Inappropriate Language deleted and infraction issued
    Last edited by blkcadi; 04-24-2014 at 12:49 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,443 Times in 794 Posts

lmfao

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heine For This Useful Post:

hemptation (04-24-2014), iRyanKGT (04-25-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,620 Times in 5,899 Posts

Here is what I found about Rockefeller and hemp (quick search my you)

However, when it came to marijuana and hemp prohibition, Rockefeller took a different stance. He was a known supporter of hemp prohibition along with Harry J. Anslinger, the United States First "drug czar" and William Randolph Hearst, well known media mogul. As to be expected, Hearst sympathized with the drug czar in his war against marijuana. Hearst's paper empire, which included hundreds of acres of timber forests, was threatened by the renewable resource of hemp that could be re-grown yearly, unlike Hearst's timber. In his newspapers, Hearst published many of Anslinger’s fabricated stories, aiding the anti-marijuana movement that eventually led to its prohibition in the 1937 Marihuana Tax Act (Wikipedia). Rockefeller had his interests in oil, and after founding Standard Oil in 1870, soared to become the first U.S. dollar billionaire, and Standard Oil was even convicted of monopolistic practices and broken up in 1911. There seems no way that hemp could have had a chance when the media, the government, and the oil industry were swiftly making little room for hemp to survive.
    Source CRRH, Hemp is not only in direct competition with timber and petroleum, but also with many other industries throughout the world. Hemp offers wholesome and nutritious foodstuffs such as edible oil from the seeds, which are also used for making chocol

The war was first begun by Rockefeller Junior, with the help of his father, John D. Rockefeller Senior (1839 to 1937), taking over the control of all legal narcotics. A few years after Rockefeller Junior had taken over the narcotics business market, they then set their sights on eliminating medicinal marijuana (known as cannabis), because it was a competitive threat to their chemically-based pharmaceutical sales.
    Source Ill-Gotten Gains, The Rockefeller's War on Drugs
    Last edited by blkcadi; 04-24-2014 at 01:09 PM.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

hemptation (04-24-2014), iRyanKGT (04-25-2014), Krima (04-24-2014), NewdestinyX (04-24-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ellersbee View Post
    mod edit, Inappropriate Language deleted and infraction issued
    I seldom lay use vulgar language I also don't get upset about a lot of things But some of the stunts you have pulled. Dating back a few years now, upset me
    From. Fake accounts. Multiple lies. Manipulation for whatever reasons All of which leads to one thing in my eyes. You are not worth the words I am typing.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (04-24-2014), EricB78 (04-24-2014), Heine (04-24-2014), iRyanKGT (04-25-2014), King_O_Hill (04-24-2014), rumcajs (04-24-2014)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,844 Times in 6,155 Posts

More Bee shite!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (04-24-2014), Heine (04-24-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,050 Times in 6,933 Posts

Lol, that was a lot of asterix

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Heine (04-24-2014), iRyanKGT (04-25-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,620 Times in 5,899 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    More Bee shite!
    now that's just hilarious.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

Heine (04-24-2014)

Banned
    Thanks

The bottom line is Marijuana is not legal anywhere in the USA on a Federal level. These bs medical uses kill me. If they extracted anything useful from it and put it in pill form nobody would want it.

Thanks

Your e so wrong. The application I was referring to when I started in. Was the extract of cbn. Which is a liquid and is administered in drop form under the tongue. She is 4 years old and has epilepsy. And currently she is on a lot of medication. Including diazepam and kalotopin. I don't know how to spell that word. You should read more about the medical practices and usage. They do make it in a pill form. Not everyone wants it to smoke. And getting high isn't everyone's intentions. She is 4 years old mind you. 4. Come on

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

Azon3 (04-27-2014), EricB78 (04-24-2014), iRyanKGT (04-25-2014), Krima (04-24-2014), Simon (04-24-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,377 Times in 4,255 Posts

I seldom lay use vulgar language I also don't get upset about a lot of things But some of the stunts you have pulled. Dating back a few years now, upset me
    From. Fake accounts. Multiple lies. Manipulation for whatever reasons All of which leads to one thing in my eyes. You are not worth the words I am typing.
    It's entertaining when he signs in under an alias and gives credit to himself for an icon. Or, under the same alias, suggests to a theme creator that he should get ahold of him to help with a theme. Or when he posted an icon under that alias on the day he was supposedly in a coma in the hospital. Where's Larry the Cable Guy? "Now that's funny right therrrr. I don't care who ya are."

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to EricB78 For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (04-24-2014), Heine (04-25-2014), hemptation (04-24-2014), iRyanKGT (04-25-2014), prymeh (04-25-2014)

Banned
    Thanks

We are creating a weak and inferior gene pool allowing people that aren't fit to live a second chance. It is natures way of weeding out those who should not pass on defective genes. If you can die from a peanut shell or an egg you aren't doing the world much good. Growing up on a farm I saw the selection process first hand everyday and understand the benefits of cutting loose that can't stand on their own feet.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,672 Times in 4,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Just Dummy View Post
    We are creating a weak and inferior gene pool allowing people that aren't fit to live a second chance. It is natures way of weeding out those who should not pass on defective genes. If you can die from a peanut shell or an egg you aren't doing the world much good. Growing up on a farm I saw the selection process first hand everyday and understand the benefits of cutting loose that can't stand on their own feet.
    What?!?!

So what about folks that get cancer? Should they lie down and not fight? Is that "nature's way" of weeding us out? WTF... Modern medicine has evolved for a reason dude.

I'm just flabbergasted by your comment. Wow. Just wow.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (04-24-2014), Heine (04-25-2014), iRyanKGT (04-25-2014), prymeh (04-25-2014)

Banned
    Thanks

It has evolved at a cost.