+ Reply
Page 8 of 91 FirstFirst ... 678910 18 58 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Great Debate

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Originally Posted by kenboyles72 A spoon does not know the taste of soup, nor a learned fool the taste of wisdom. Just what this forum needs - another troll.
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,720 Times in 4,403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kenboyles72 View Post
    A spoon does not know the taste of soup, nor a learned fool the taste of wisdom.
    Just what this forum needs - another troll.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,542 Times in 2,383 Posts

Yeah I knew NewDestiny wouldn't disappoint and prove to everyone why he is the most contentious person here. I love u man. So much to say, so much to refute I just don't know where to begin. If u think that just because u r older this means u r wiser I would ask u to read the story of David. I feel like I'm Michelangelo and I've been given the Sistine Chapel to paint on. So many things I want to do but I don't want to rush them. So NewDestiny I will sit and reflect on how I want to paint my masterpiece. Thank u for given me this beautiful canvas. People just don't know how to appreciate u like I do buddy.
    Last edited by Krima; 02-26-2013 at 08:21 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-26-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone kenboyles72's Avatar
    Thanks

A closed mouth catches no flies.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kenboyles72 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-26-2013), Krima (02-26-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kenboyles72 View Post
    A spoon does not know the taste of soup, nor a learned fool the taste of wisdom.
    Dude u rock. This is how u pacify the beast my friend.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

kenboyles72 (02-26-2013), King_O_Hill (02-26-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Yeah I knew NewDestiny wouldn't disappoint and prove to everyone why he is the most contentious person here. I love u man. So much to say, so much to refute I just don't know where to begin. If u think that just because u r older this means u r wiser I would ask u to read the story of David. I feel like I'm Michelangelo and I've been given the Sistine Chapel to paint on. So many things I want to do but I don't want to rush them. So NewDestiny I will sit and reflect on how I want to paint my masterpiece. Thank u for given this beautiful canvas. People just don't know how to appreciate u like I do buddy.
    You also never cease to provide good material, sir. Hey, I know. Why don't you let me write your rebuttal to me. I already know how it will go. That would be a blast!

Dude u rock. This is how u pacify the beast my friend.
    Who are you talking to? Oh is it Ken? I put him on ignore I don't even see his little nonsense anymore. It was like an annoying little fly. I don't even see them anymore. They come up as blank on my screen after the ignore button. Love that!
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-26-2013 at 07:43 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

iPhone? More like MyPhone kenboyles72's Avatar
    Thanks

oh no, not the ignore list O.o You know you're still gonna show the post, cause you just can't stand not knowing what lies beneath.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kenboyles72 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-26-2013), Krima (02-26-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,850 Times in 6,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    King requires us to 'bow to him' all the time. If you're not in 'his league' you better shut up. He has a constant chip on his shoulder and is angry at anybody and anything. I learn a lot from King - but he sure does behave badly a lot. It's as if he can't yell at his boss or family so comes here to the forum to be 'the King'. It's SO offputting and you just give him a pass. If "I" acted and said the things he did - you would all crucify me.
    Seriously? I've helped more people today, than you have since you've been a member.

Never once challenged your experience, bro. But like you accuse me of - you held your 'single' experience up as if it was the single piece of defining evidence that Accidental OTA is NOT a myth - when it is.
    Right there, that's it! Please explain to me "... is NOT a myth - when it is." This is you telling us that it is not possible to do an OTA update. Lets be perfectly clear here:

Myth - "an unproved or false collective belief that is used to justify a social institution."

So when I say that it happened to me and 2-3 others also claimed it, then you make that statement, that means that you don't believe our experiences. This is black and white!

Most things are black and white in the world of 1's and 0's, King. You of all people should know that. But you gain points on this argument and I will cede that point to you that in a hacked software environment there can be 'special situations' as I've acknowledged you experienced with OTA that can happen. You and I also push our phones to greater limits than others I'll guess. So more can happen.
    Yes, at the very, very, very basic level. I fully understand this, as the first computer that I made for an honors project was one built solely with TTL chips. Thats Transistor to Transistor Logic for those wondering.

Anyways, Once again, let me give you a little software lesson, I'll make this fairly short (pardon me if I climb up on my "High Horse").
    Even though software at its most elemental for is 1's and 0's if you think this means that it is all black and white, then you are sadly mistaken. On the hardware side it is interpreted that simply. But again, you are talking about hardware with millions of transistors built into one processor that is engineered by humans. Processors are not perfect, neither is the software written for them. There are so many variations of results that can occur based on inputs, that its beyond me. If the software and hardware were perfect, we would never have this conversation, as jailbreaking would not exist. So, just for the fact that jailbreaking does exist, means that there is always the possibility for different results based on different inputs. That being said, NOTHING is an absolute as you seem to think it is. Now please lets not go through this pointless conversation again, NO ONE can EVER predict what can happen with the amount of variables involved here. I'm sure that Apple thought it's iOS was hack proof too! Well guess what, it's not. Done finished you have absolutely no argument here!

This is that fatuous elitism thing again, King. You do NOT know more than the devs. You may know 'as much'. But not more. And if a vast majority of us have tried OTA after jailbreak and it doesn't work - that DOES prove one thing - to any intelligent person. It proves your case was 'unique' and not common. And you have no evidence to back up your claim with iOS6. NO one - has been able to report a successful OTA update from being jailbroken on iOS6. Go ahead and try - right now. You'll see it's just not possible. But you won't do the test. It's okay. I've gotten used to letting you have the last word and be King - by pushing others down who think differently.
    Ok, this makes no sense, as you've already told us about the myth. Plus I am on version 1.3 and it blocks it anyway. So me trying it is futile. By your own words, if my case were unique, then by definition, the myth is true! Please don't tell me how much I know and don't know either these devs are not gods. How do you know that it wasn't I that lead them to an exploit or 2? You don't!

The main and only thing I wanted you to admit - to get 'equilibrium' back in our working relationship here on the forum - was to admit, NOT so much that you were wrong about the 'mythical nature' of accidental OTA when jailbroken - but was to 'admit' that maybe your comment that "I'm out of my league" to even present the case that accidental OTA was an infinitesimally rare thing. And then evidence after evidence came in supporting my input to the forum. At that point I expected, even a snide comment like -- "well maybe our young patawan is ONTO something here". Even THAT would have showed 'collegiality'. King. You're pretty easy to get along with in PM. I wish THAT guy would show up on open forum more often. And the guy who wants to win the 'pis*ing' contest should stay at home.

Peace
    I'm sorry, I still believe that you are "out of your league" (I said element, not league) with a lot of the things that you say. You proved it once again today by telling that @Best01 that his SB needed a complete re-write, when it only needed a very minor code adjustment to re-size the show-able area of the weather image. His problem was plain and simple and several of us realized that. I was actually downloading the widget so I could make a very intelligent response as to exactly what to change. Because that's what I do! I didn't make an irresponsible comment like yours that had no bearing and just started an uproar. Do you even see that gravity on how wrong you got this today? You weren't out in left field, you weren't even playing in the same sport. Especially when you told him that the image that he had couldn't be stretched. He had already stated that he had the proper image and Gunny had already said that it could be fixed with a few numbers of code. But you ignored this and continued down your path with more bad information. You even tried to correct me again, all but insisting that you were correct and we were wrong. Even after Eric came in and tried to redirect your path, you still insisted that you were right after wasting several hours of our time.

So please in the future either read the issue several times to make sure that you fully understand it, or don't comment.

I know, you are asking what does this final rant have to do with the OTA thing? Well it is prime example as to why you get the responses that you get. It fully reinforces my opinion that you don't have a lot of knowledge in this are and should not be offering too much advice on things that you either don't understand or can't comprehend from reading a simple post. Maybe you were too busy trying to get an answer out, that I bet originally you didn't even see his first post (below) just 3 posts up from the one that you replied to. Looks pretty straight forward to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Best01 View Post
    Hey Nate & Eric I'm using an overlay for the ip5 but the weather images are not fitting the opening. I need to stretch them out to fit the opening. Now it does not fit it. The original widget was for a 4s. I tried adjusting some numbers in the wallpaper HTML but its not working. Is there a line in the code that references what the weather icon has to veto fit the opening. I hope this makes sense. Thanks guys for your assistance
    A person as good at research as you, would not have missed this!

I will now climb down from my horse and take my seat in my throne! (trumpets playing in the background) Just an FYI, I've only had iPhones since the iph4, less than 2 years. I'm still a noobie.

Krima, the floor is yours!
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 02-26-2013 at 10:13 PM.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Krima (02-27-2013)

Thanks

All re-directs, King. More and more re-directs and backpedalling around the main issue. Bringing up entirely unrelated issues. You still won't admit you didn't know about OTA failing on iOS 6 (not being at all possible).

I can lead the horse to water, gang, but can't make him drink. And I simply won't beat my head against the wall anymore. I could probably cite examples where others have had to correct you too, bro. Less often - because you are a professional coder. But you're not all-knowing. You just act that way sometimes.

Once again - all bow to King of the Hill. But, and I didn't expect this, he's not the kind of man who can admit error or that someone else knew something he didn't. That's a shame. I lost a little respect for you today, bro.

Thanks

And you still think that it is 100% full proof. Absolutely no body can do it. If I were to do it, how could I prove it. You still don't believe that I did it on iOS 5. Once again, you believe everything that you read! But mostly, if it hasn't happened to you, then it can't happen to anyone.

However you need to twist it to make you feel better.

Please bring all these people forward that have proven me wrong time and time again. I can't wait to address them one by one.

Feel free to put me on ignore. Then you can't be penalized from all my bad information that I spread.

Oh, wasn't it you that PM'd me when I figured out why the weather animations were jittery and you wanted me to tell you what I did.

Just how petty are you that you created this entire issue just because you think you knew something that I didn't! It is such a menial non issue anyway. But you need to proclaim yourself like some kind of hero. It's just sad bro.

So now, your dead to me.

But I will continue to clean up the messes that you make in the threads when you give bad info out. Not everyone else should suffer from your lack of ability to give proper help.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 02-26-2013 at 10:55 PM.
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    And you still think that it is 100% full proof. Absolutely no body can do it. If I were to do it, how could I prove it. You still don't believe that I did it on iOS 5. Once again, you believe everything that you read! But mostly, if it hasn't happened to you, then it can't happen to anyone.

However you need to twist it to make you feel better.

Please bring all these people forward that have proven me wrong time and time again. I can't wait to address them one by one.

Feel free to put me on ignore. Then you can't be penalized from all my bad information that I spread.

Oh, wasn't it you that PM'd me when I figured out why the weather animations were jittery and you wanted me to tell you what I did.

Just how petty are you that you created this entire issue just because you think you knew something that I didn't! It is such a menial non issue anyway. But you need to proclaim yourself like some kind of hero. It's just sad bro.

So now, your dead to me.

But I will continue to clean up the messes that you make in the threads when you give bad info out. Not everyone else should suffer from your lack of ability to give proper help.
    Can't even admit you treated someone poorly. Tells me all I need to know about your character. I will get my info from others, King. Thanks for the past. Done.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

Still getting the last word.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Krima (02-27-2013)

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,062 Times in 4,204 Posts

Is that true?

Think y'all need a hug and git over it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    My kid has one of those. Cost him about 4 years and $149.99 a year. He's 9 years old.
    He doesn't have Red Belt status, bro; one level below mastery. Of that I'm completely sure. Not possible by age 9.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 03-07-2013 at 08:37 PM.

Thanks

I still maintain that Pinoy was referring to the list of your achievements. Like forum moderator, Grammy winner, etc. That was real cool to see it in sequential order though. Only Pinoy can settle this. Either way I had fun with this discussion. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Ok guys, time to drop it or take it here: The Great Debate
    Fair enough, Simon.

I still maintain that Pinoy was referring to the list of your achievements. Like forum moderator, Grammy winner, etc. That was real cool to see it in sequential order though. Only Pinoy can settle this. Either way I had fun with this discussion. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
    He said "add Kung Fu Master to the list". I neither said KunkFu - nor did I say 'master'. That's where he erred. I was just setting the record straight. And the only reason to being it up - was in 'response' to the 'punch comment'. Don't be 'thick', Krima. You're smarter than this, bro.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 03-07-2013 at 08:40 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,795 Times in 3,028 Posts

You would be 100% correct. I said Kung Fu master in a very loose attempt at humor. You read it correctly. Uncle Grant did not.

Thanks

You would be 100% correct. I said Kung Fu master in a very loose attempt at humor. You read it correctly. Uncle Grant did not.
    In all seriousness I'm not sure what other way there would be to 'read it'? You and King constantly throw around your credentials as IT code guys whenever anyone would dare to make a comment about the field. How is it different? The talk of the Grammy thing came up in a polite conversation that had nothing to do with themeing, Pinoy. As did the comment about admin/moderating the Spanish forum. I don't think there's anything wrong with being a 'jack of a lot of trades' and AS the conversation gives rise to those fields of interest/expertise to mention them. I'm just not seeing the difference - except that maybe there's a few fields I have more than a basic knowledge in. If you'd prefer me to just 'sit silent' and 'learn my place' as King has often alluded to - you'll be waiting a long time, bro. Not gonna happen. If mentioning some achievements makes you unconfortable I would be inclined to wonder 'why'? Do I say I'm better than anyone else? No - never. I simple 'share' achievements IF it fits the topic or IF someone's trying to push back on me in an area where I 'have' knowledge.

As I've said before - this is the best forum I've ever participated in. But you have to prove yourself to the 'old boys club' here sometimes - to even enter the conversation. On this forum 'graphics' and 'coding' are what's most valued and a 'helpful attitude'. I have a 'little' of the first two - and a lot of the third - that's perceived by people other than the 'alpha males' here. LOL!!. People just keep pushin' sometimes, Pinoy. It gets wearisome, bro. Sometimes I crack... don't take it personal. You say I would 'argue with anyone'. That's correct. WHEN they're WRONG, bro. This afternoon - before ANY of us knew that the BatteryDrPro tweak was from the SAME company as the AppStore app (admit it - you all were surprised as I was when Simon chimed in) - we were having a discussion about the 'relative morality' of using tweaks that were pirated or copied. It turns out THIS one wasnt'. But that didn't change a single point of the 'topic at hand' - which was the fact that for many here - the ORIGIN of tweak is LESS important than its 'USEFULNESS'. That line isn't as easy to blur for me.

I just spoke my mind about 'that issue' only. It had NOTHING AT ALL to do with whether or not Krima was being helpful - which he was - or HOW he achieved his RAM stats. It had NOTHING to do with me schooling ANY of the IT guys on RAM. All these straw man arguments started getting set up. It's how people gang up on others around here sometimes. LOL!! Maybe it's just alpha dog stuff. But it gets tiresome. Can we give it a 'rest'?

Thanks

He doesn't have Red Belt status, bro; one level below mastery. Of that I'm completely sure. Not possible by age 9.
    You would be correct. He's just black. Your level is probably another two years or $299.98 away.

Thanks

You would be correct. He's just black. Your level is probably another two years or $299.98 away.
    Juvenile and adult divisions are very different things, Pinoy - as you well know and are just trying to push back to try and stay the alpha male in the the conversation. I get it. But now I'm bored. Heading on to other things.

Peace out!

Thanks

In all seriousness I'm not sure what other way there would be to 'read it'? You and King constantly throw around your credentials as IT code guys whenever anyone would dare to make a comment about the field. How is it different? The talk of the Grammy thing came up in a polite conversation that had nothing to do with themeing, Pinoy. As did the comment about admin/moderating the Spanish forum. I don't think there's anything wrong with being a 'jack of a lot of trades' and AS the conversation gives rise to those fields of interest/expertise to mention them. I'm just not seeing the difference - except that maybe there's a few fields I have more than a basic knowledge in. If you'd prefer me to just 'sit silent' and 'learn my place' as King has often alluded to - you'll be waiting a long time, bro. Not gonna happen. If mentioning some achievements makes you unconfortable I would be inclined to wonder 'why'? Do I say I'm better than anyone else? No - never. I simple 'share' achievements IF it fits the topic or IF someone's trying to push back on me in an area where I 'have' knowledge.

As I've said before - this is the best forum I've ever participated in. But you have to prove yourself to the 'old boys club' here sometimes - to even enter the conversation. On this forum 'graphics' and 'coding' are what's most valued and a 'helpful attitude'. I have a 'little' of the first two - and a lot of the third - that's perceived by people other than the 'alpha males' here. LOL!!. People just keep pushin' sometimes, Pinoy. It gets wearisome, bro. Sometimes I crack... don't take it personal. You say I would 'argue with anyone'. That's correct. WHEN they're WRONG, bro. This afternoon - before ANY of us knew that the BatteryDrPro tweak was from the SAME company as the AppStore app (admit it - you all were surprised as I was when Simon chimed in) - we were having a discussion about the 'relative morality' of using tweaks that were pirated or copied. It turns out THIS one wasnt'. But that didn't change a single point of the 'topic at hand' - which was the fact that for many here - the ORIGIN of tweak is LESS important than its 'USEFULNESS'. That line isn't as easy to blur for me.

I just spoke my mind about 'that issue' only. It had NOTHING AT ALL to do with whether or not Krima was being helpful - which he was - or HOW he achieved his RAM stats. It had NOTHING to do with me schooling ANY of the IT guys on RAM. All these straw man arguments started getting set up. It's how people gang up on others around here sometimes. LOL!! Maybe it's just alpha dog stuff. But it gets tiresome. Can we give it a 'rest'?
    Im not gonna read that novel. I already know what it says. Im not sure what kinda hi horse you think I'm on. Whens the last time we even argued? In fact I'm very humble. I often admit guilt and/or that I'm wrong and apologize. In fact search my posts. Im sure it would reflect just that within the first page of posts. You on the contrary are exactly what you speak of, and for whatever reason today you poked my last nerve. Maybe cause Krima was making an attempt to help you and in typical Grant (glass half empty fashion) you didn't allow him the favor he was providing. And how is me referencing that I'm a networker and don't need to be told what Ram means flaunting my credentials? I don't flaunt my credentials online like somebody with clear acceptance and security issues. I could very easily do so. But that's not my style. I am truly fed up with your crap. Proof is in the pudding Grant. The common denominator in these situations is you. Period!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinoy For This Useful Post:

Krima (03-07-2013)