+ Reply
Page 74 of 91 FirstFirst ... 24 647273747576 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 1820

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Great Debate

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Originally Posted by MamaJaay I'm probably gonna regret this post, but y'all have to remember that Bacardi has only been around since iOS 6. Redline was originally released (I believe)
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,899 Times in 4,102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    I'm probably gonna regret this post, but y'all have to remember that Bacardi has only been around since iOS 6. Redline was originally released (I believe) in iOS 4, and took off, then was revamped for iOS 5.

Whether Bacardi has or hasn't seen it before, I don't know the answer to that. But he wasn't around here in those days. So I'll give him that.
    you the best FBI i ever seen MJ thanks for everything

it's a good compliment, that mean you get the right stuff

your equal to everyone, i like that

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bacardi85 For This Useful Post:

iRyanKGT (04-12-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,757 Times in 4,020 Posts

I'm not taking sides. I see both sides.

Bacardi's posts do sometimes rub people the wrong way, and come off cocky, but his intentions when it comes to the art itself are always genuine and in the spirit of sharing.

Schnedi's post are almost always well mannered, but his "art" is usually acquired and shared in the spirit of thievery or "I have to be first".

Which is worse? I don't know. I think I'd like to say that at least Bacardi's posts in and of themselves are not hurting anyone, where as Schnedi's M.O. has hurt many.

…..

things to ponder.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-11-2014), Bacardi85 (04-11-2014), iRyanKGT (04-12-2014)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This is nuts. Yes their iconomatics are similar. But in my opinion the more the better. For example I don't like Bacardi's because of the shape but like Schnedi's because of the shape of his icono. Bacardi whines continuously and apparently we just have to accept this. He will continue to whine. When this is over he will find another reason soon and he won't be wrong in that situation either because he is a legend in his own mind.

... And I love how Bacardi says schnedi has a "small" following. Plenty of people follow him..

.... Sinful iphone: some people start there as I did. I had no clue what kind of site it was. When I left to come here I still really had no clue what went on.
    Last edited by GRODER; 04-11-2014 at 10:30 AM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GRODER For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-11-2014), dmick89 (04-12-2014), iRyanKGT (04-12-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GRODER View Post
    This is nuts. Yes their iconomatics are similar. But in my opinion the more the better. For example I don't like Bacardi's because of the shape but like Schnedi's because of the shape of his icono. Bacardi whines continuously and apparently we just have to accept this. He will continue to whine. When this is over he will find another reason soon and he won't be wrong in that situation either because he is a legend in his own mind.
    dude seriously you never like my creation, not even appreciation to thanks for sharing, don't tell me that you did once

how many times you've seen Schnedi support the other creators work like MJ, and many other, i never seen him even post something like

this is awesome.. very nice work, keep it up.. this is important in this community

you only support the people you like, this is nothing to do with the work they create, this is nothing to do with the iconomatic.. is more rounded, more sqaure and blah blah blah i can see that in you

try to find something else

Thanks
    Thanked 9,013 Times in 4,525 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    I'm not taking sides. I see both sides.

Bacardi's posts do sometimes rub people the wrong way, and come off cocky, but his intentions when it comes to the art itself are always genuine and in the spirit of sharing.

Schnedi's post are almost always well mannered, but his "art" is usually acquired and shared in the spirit of thievery or "I have to be first".

Which is worse? I don't know. I think I'd like to say that at least Bacardi's posts in and of themselves are not hurting anyone, where as Schnedi's M.O. has hurt many.

…..

things to ponder.
    Well stated, MJ. Definitely something to ponder....

But the lit dot at the bottom of an icon has been borrowed by many theme creators after RedLine. Who knows where Bacardi saw a glimpse of it -- or didn't. Suffice it to say the 'idea' - is not an original one. If it just 'came to Romy' in his head - would mean 'great modding minds think alike'.. More likely -- is he's seen it somewhere before.. We who right music for national artists - always have to be careful that our 'original lyrics' and melodies have been 'informed' by songs we've liked in the past. Very tricky stuff. We THINK we came up with the idea.. but it's really there from some memory of the idea from another song..

But this isn't the first time 'borrowing/sharing ideas' with no credit given - has become the subject of debate here at MMi. Won't be the last. If I were a modder - I'd always say 'credit to creator' just to protect myself..
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 04-11-2014 at 10:44 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-11-2014), iRyanKGT (04-12-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Well stated, MJ. But the lit dot at the bottom of an icon has been borrowed by many theme creators after REdLine. Who knows where Bacardi saw a glimpse or didn't. Suffice it to say the 'idea' - is not an original one. Whether it just 'came to Romy' in his head - would mean 'great modding minds think alike'..

But this isn't the first time 'borrowing/sharing ideas' with no credit given - has become the subject of debate. Won't be the last. If I were a modder - I'd always say 'credit to creator' just to protect myself..
    trust me since i'm getting use to it on photoshop, i do everything from scratch and share for people, not even going on deviantart take icons/wallpapers/ and share them on any thread, i'm not that kind of guy

"Credit to creator" is worse because you don't even know who to give credit..

always good to mention the person in the post, my idea for the dot, i used my imagination to create that, i didn't see it or take it from anyhere, was a idea that i could give a option with many colors to people for there own SB like, this is the reason why i did the clock/newsstand/bitesms/calendar + plist

to get less request and less questions from people

last time Schnedi said on his post.. "the reason why i don't add clock/newsstand &bitesms on his iconomatic" was just big excuse, because before him all my iconomatic was included everything

even the noobs was able to put the overlay on it

if his a good modder or create why he said that? don't get it

anyway

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bacardi85 View Post
    dude seriously you never like my creation, not even appreciation to thanks for sharing, don't tell me that you did once

how many times you've seen Schnedi support the other creators work like MJ, and many other, i never seen him even post something like

this is awesome.. very nice work, keep it up.. this is important in this community

you only support the people you like, this is nothing to do with the work they create, this is nothing to do with the iconomatic.. is more rounded, more sqaure and blah blah blah i can see that in you

try to find something else
    Dude stop whining. I'm glad you share for people. However, we have completely different taste and that is why I don't like your creations. I'm not saying it's bad work, it's not my taste. I almost always like Schnedi's work because it closely parallels my taste. I never comment about you sharing, my comments are always in response to your whining and personality

.. It's not rocket science. I like a more squared style icon. Every icon and iconomatic I use looks this way. Which is why I didn't use yours but liked schnedis when it came out.
    Last edited by GRODER; 04-11-2014 at 10:57 AM.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GRODER For This Useful Post:

iRyanKGT (04-12-2014), P0R7ER (04-12-2014), TexasDeltaSig (04-11-2014), Tomme11 (04-12-2014)

Thanks

Dude stop whining. I'm glad you share for people. However, we have completely different taste and that is why I don't like your creations. I'm not saying it's bad work, it's not my taste. I almost always like Schnedi's work because it closely parallels my taste. I never comment about you sharing, my comments are always in response to your whining and personality
    i'm not talking about the taste, but more your attitude that you have and not supporting none of the people except Schnedi, you should go marry him, you guys will complete each other = )

every morning you wake up he will go take a wallpaper for your taste from the neighbour and SB icons from to store to make you a nice breakfast
    lool
    Last edited by Bacardi85; 04-11-2014 at 11:00 AM.

Thanks

i'm not talking about the taste, but more your attitude that you have and not supporting none of the people except Schnedi, you should go marry him, you guys will complete each other = )

every morning you wake up he will go take a wallpaper for your taste from the neighbour and SB icons from to store to make you a nice breakfast
    lool
    Dude I'm shaking in my boots. Your so hardcore on the internet it's unreal. Every once in a while in life during conflict u have to ask yourself "am I the problem." There's drama always and your name is universally involved. Maybe think you can be the reason for a lot of this. If you like to share them share. But stop whining about everything. Many people see it but you. Read others comments about you and realize that many peoples thoughts about you are congruent.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GRODER For This Useful Post:

Darka5sa5sin (04-11-2014), iRyanKGT (04-12-2014), P0R7ER (04-12-2014)

Thanks

Dude I'm shaking in my boots. Your so hardcore on the internet it's unreal. Every once in a while in life during conflict u have to ask yourself "am I the problem." There's drama always and your name is universally involved. Maybe think you can be the reason for a lot of this. If you like to share them share. But stop whining about everything. Many people see it but you. Read others comments about you and realize that many peoples thoughts about you are congruent.
    Okey i'm the big reason if you like to hear that and maybe it will make you happy

Thanks
    Thanked 11,307 Times in 2,723 Posts

Ok. You are all wrong. Lol. The little dot. Originally came. From twilight hd. That was a line. Big theme from iOS 4 made by k initsua and zausser/Steve

When Steve went to make redline. They liked the bottom effect on an icon. And decided to turn it into a dot rather tha. A line so they didn't feel like they were stealing.

The Ezra notch was formed by none other than K initsua and jimmyLe I think subywrex had a hand in it as well.

And for schnedi. Well. He has changed his ways a lot from years ago. He used to directly rip peoples work and never give credit. And then go share that work at sinful and other pirate sites Even got banned here once because of it. King of hill knows what I'm talking about.

This is just how some people are Bacardi. I appreciate you for your honesty and originality. But you have to tone it down a little bro. You know imitation is the highest form of flattery. And maybe he did it to mess with you who knows. Not worth the fuss tho. Keep
    Doing you and keep your head high Can't change some peoples beliefs for things they do not know or understand.

You have to strive to hold yourself in a more respectable manner in order for people to respect you. And sometimes that means turning the other cheek cause some fights just are not worth it.
    Last edited by hemptation; 04-11-2014 at 11:52 AM.

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-11-2014), Bacardi85 (04-11-2014), besanford (04-11-2014), blkcadi (04-11-2014), Darka5sa5sin (04-11-2014), EricB78 (04-11-2014), iRyanKGT (04-12-2014), Krima (04-11-2014), Pocyahtstu (04-11-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 14,472 Times in 3,523 Posts

He won't know what they word means and will never admit that his attitude is the problem

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darka5sa5sin For This Useful Post:

GRODER (04-11-2014), iRyanKGT (04-12-2014), Pocyahtstu (04-11-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hemptation View Post
    Ok. You are all wrong. Lol. The little dot. Originally came. From twilight hd. That was a line. Big theme from iOS 4 made by k initsua and zausser/Steve

When Steve went to make redline. They liked the bottom effect on an icon. And decided to turn it into a dot rather tha. A line so they didn't feel like they were stealing.

The Ezra notch was formed by none other than K initsua and jimmyLe I think subywrex had a hand in it as well.

And for schnedi. Well. He has changed his ways a lot from years ago. He used to directly rip peoples work and never get credit. And then go share that work at sinful and other pirate sites Even got banned here once because of it. King of hill knows what I'm talking about.

This is just how some people are Bacardi. I appreciate you for your honesty and originality. But you have to tone it down a little bro. You know imitation is the highest form of flattery. And maybe he did it to mess with you who knows. Not worth the fuss tho. Keep
    Doing you and keep your head high Can't change some peoples beliefs for things they do not know or understand.

You have to strive to hold yourself in a more respectable manner in order for people to respect you. And sometimes that means turning the other cheek cause some fights just are not worth it.
    thanks for you support brother, since e6 i know you, and i can tell the thruth, that positive people like you we need more in mmi

i would left this forum if i wasn't strong mentaly, You and Heine are both was always supporting since e6

can't thank you enough brothers

i know he did in purpose, i wouldn't say much if he where doing different colors or maybe 2-3 colors

i did 7 and he also did 7, not sure this will be a coincidence lmaop

anyway bro, thanks for passing by.. have a great day

Quote Originally Posted by Darka5sa5sin View Post
    He won't know what they word means and will never admit that his attitude is the problem
    you should take a look at your attitute first when you've said

"it's because idiots like bacardi85 think he is being helpful by answering all the questions, when in fact he just making people lazy and make it easier for people to not read"

i laugh at your ridiculous sentence for 2 days and was a very s*itty attitude coming from you
    Last edited by Bacardi85; 04-11-2014 at 12:09 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Bacardi85 For This Useful Post:

iRyanKGT (04-12-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,293 Times in 3,837 Posts

Schnedi is member of that Sinful forum. So I am. No need to be a pirate to benefit from knowledge shared there.
    why he has to write "credit to Schnedi

and don't edit mother**kers"

Perhaps hasn't this been the case from the start, but in this particular instance, the original coder is credited, and Jona just wants his part accounted for too, which is deserved IMO. And taking the defence of the underage forum users, well, in this particular MF-word case, it's ridiculous. Not worth bashing anyone for, unless you're a moderator, Romy. But you can always report posts (that wall shared by Schnedi you censored in your softer version you shared) you deem offending. I'd consider that futile in the 'MF' instance. But opinions, you know, can differ greatly, no need to debate on that. I trust mods to have enough insight.

Oh, and one thing regarding image upload :
    My point of view in this regard has evolved with time.
    At first, I didn't mind them leading to external links, and I have resorted to this method myself to boost my number of icon downloads on Jakurepo.com, as I considered them a reward of my efforts in drawing the icons and giving me a purpose for sharing them ��
    Icons I'd post would thus link to their download off Jakurepo, and be accounts taken in account in my number of downloads, which I checked periodically – a bit like you count thanks on posts ��
    I've stopped that practice. And haven't drawn icons lately, mainly, lololool*

Regarding image hosting, you've read some of my posts guiding towards 'better' use of hosting sites, but, what's true to mobile users (I'm all mobile) can become the opposite for those using desktop Mmi : they might prefer attachments in-app, with freedom to click external links or not, to scrutinise images posted. See, different users = different experiences : high res images hinder their browsing experience. Well, I know you also preach editing out images in quoted posts, but, that's half of the satellite. The moon always will have another side. Its other side isn't dark all the while

Oh, and Dropbox image links keep original resolution throughout reposts, and might prevent your urge to shout your despair on seeing the crime (to your eyes) of quality-lessened work of yours (and others) being posted.
    i've seen a lot of post "Credit to Schnedi"

this is not fair for the creator that did thoses wallpaper/icons/ and widgets

those creators don't deserve that.. and lot of newbies and some poeple don't know where to give credits
    I have been considered a credit freak. But that always have been in respect to creators who might not appreciate that what they've spent their time on, and in some cases who await remuneration from was shared, without due credit given, or simply for free.

But c'm'on, Romy : in your case (mine too) you don't ask for donations nor sell your stuff, so who cares if the inspiration was drawn from you ? Except you I mean, you do care, and this is something natural. Human. But instead of making this knowledge (or instinct rather) turn you down, creativity-wise or emotionally, why not let it rejoice you, and just feel proud of ? Would that be elite ?

thats why i recommend him to create his own stuff.. or mention on his post.. that his start doing it now a little
    From what I've seen since I started browsing/following the eli7e thread, he is actually crediting in every post where he shares stuff... Let's encourage this, instead of beating dead horses.

*I'm no language purist, but it does bother me a bit. It's like it kills my brain slowly, a neurone at a time perhaps, reading this extended, distorted LOLs**

**I'm no purist.
    The theme I run is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.
    Free. For all devices.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (04-11-2014), Darka5sa5sin (04-11-2014), G-weezy (04-11-2014), GRODER (04-11-2014), iRyanKGT (04-12-2014), Krima (04-11-2014), pioneer88 (04-11-2014), Tomme11 (04-12-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 14,472 Times in 3,523 Posts

"it's because idiots like bacardi85 think he is being helpful by answering all the questions, when in fact he just making people lazy and make it easier for people to not read"

i laugh at your ridiculous sentence for 2 days and was a very s*itty attitude coming from you
    I don't see anything wrong with that statement. Anyone else?

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darka5sa5sin For This Useful Post:

GRODER (04-11-2014), iRyanKGT (04-12-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,706 Times in 2,415 Posts

Geeze Alfroggy, this has to be the longest post I have ever seen from you. Well done sir.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-11-2014), chevymusclecar (04-11-2014), EricB78 (04-11-2014), iRyanKGT (04-12-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,293 Times in 3,837 Posts

I do : 'idiots'. Point of views again. I tend not to impose mine. At least, I try not to express them as facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Geeze Alfroggy, this has to be the longest post I have ever seen from you. Well done sir.
    Most of it is copied from NewdestinyX 'GPS' Gary. So, credit to creators.
    Last edited by Alfroggy; 04-11-2014 at 12:26 PM.
    The theme I run is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.
    Free. For all devices.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

EricB78 (04-11-2014), hemptation (04-11-2014), iRyanKGT (04-12-2014), Krima (04-11-2014), pioneer88 (04-11-2014)

Thanks

even a little kid will not say that.. when you help him out

he will more appreciate than anything else

i don't know what you smoked before writing this post.. that is not existing anymore, and you knew it that it's going to be remove it lool

Thanks
    Thanked 16,757 Times in 4,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    Most of it is copied from NewdestinyX 'GPS' Gary. So, credit to creators.
    ^^Grant *

Next topic for Great Debate:

"Our universe and your place in it"

Or ANYTHING not Bacardi or Schnedi related.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-11-2014), Bacardi85 (04-11-2014), iRyanKGT (04-12-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,706 Times in 2,415 Posts

Great new topic MJ. Let's start with u. Your thoughts on the new topic that's on the table.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-11-2014), iRyanKGT (04-12-2014)