+ Reply
Page 66 of 91 FirstFirst ... 16 566465666768 76 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1801

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Great Debate

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Hi Poc ! Originally Posted by NewdestinyX Dmick - you don't really understand the big picture.. Now this was useless, NewDy. Useless and elitist.
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,469 Times in 3,563 Posts

Hi Poc !

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Dmick - you don't really understand the big picture..
    Now this was useless, NewDy.

Useless and elitist.
    Last edited by Alfroggy; 04-07-2014 at 10:51 AM.
    Originally Posted by vXBaKeRXv
    This dude people is nothing but negative. "ALFROGGY"

Thanks
    Thanked 7,181 Times in 2,277 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mcooper View Post
    It is very nice. I can't believe I never noticed it on IOS6. Just too many wonderful themes to keep up with at that time I guess. And I had much less time then than I have now.
    I hear u man. With iOS 6, some themes just got lost in the crowd. It's great that he decided to port his theme to iOS 7. He was behind Motif, Coffee Diary, and Truxe. He didn't just port this theme, he redrew the icons, made a keyboard, created a light and dark set, ported the font, themed some UI like the HUD, auxo2, 3 iwidgets, etc. He really put so much work into it, it's hard to believe that he didn't want to sell it. He is just a good guy that flew under the radar.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

besanford (04-07-2014), iRyanKGT (04-07-2014), King_O_Hill (04-07-2014), prymeh (04-07-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,260 Times in 1,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    MJ's orig comments are a matter of public record. Most know Rob's approach - and what I quoted from MJ is something most people following Elite for 2 years already know about Rob's approach.. I didn't need to quote anyone to prove it. That's what I mean about your being new. You'd know that - if you'd been here a while. It's also why I was a little surprised by Rob's referring to all I said as "pure shiz".. I'm sure he was referring to my 'opinion' that the Elite brand was no longer 'in a class by itself' as of Eli7e. Naturally he'd disagree with that 'opinion' of mine.
    I see you're going to keep going with this. While MJ's comments are a matter of record, it's prudent for the individual accusing another of something to provide the proof within their own comment or shortly thereafter when provoked to provide it. It's how most communities operate and I assumed this one was similar to 99.999% of communities that came before it, both on the internet and in the real world going back to 12,000 BC. Accusing a man of something without proof has been, in some communities over that time, a capital offense.

It seems very clear based on Rob's and MJ's own comments that they disagree strongly with what you said and it is therefore on you to provide clear proof they are wrong. Otherwise, we are left to believe them and you unfortunately lose credibility, or in some civilizations, might have been hanged for the wrongdoing.

Internet life is, as you've said, not so different than real civilizations. People behave similarly, but in more stronger and overt ways than they otherwise would. It creates more conflict, but the great thing about the digital age, and the communities it spawned, is that there is digital proof of communication that can be provided, when asked, to refute someone's own words.

I stand by what I said initially and since. You need no education in a specific community to understand that you should have 1) differentiated between your opinions and fact in a more concise manner and 2) provided evidence that Rob did as you said since you knew he was present in the conversation and would refute it if untrue. I merely pointed to the advances that this digital age has provided in that you should have some form of communication from MJ to prove what you said. It was your responsibility to provide it.

Though it's less an offense than capital punishment, many bar fights have been caused in what I guess would be relatively recent years since I have already referred to 12,000 BC because a patron accused another of doing something. Many times the accuser was right and a fight still broke out. You had to know what you said would be refuted if untrue. I challenge you to find a single community, real or imagined, that has not had those same principles.

Much of this comment was in jest so please respond accordingly.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,527 Times in 5,846 Posts

How fun. This thread is still rockin'. It is indeed a "great debate".

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

besanford (04-07-2014), iRyanKGT (04-07-2014), King_O_Hill (04-07-2014), Krima (04-07-2014), Simon (04-07-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    How fun. This thread is still rockin'. It is indeed a "great debate".
    I know right. Just think, this all started because NewD and I couldn't get along. We fought in every thread and now we all have this place. Thanks Simon.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (04-07-2014), iRyanKGT (04-07-2014), Simon (04-07-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me pioneer88's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,106 Times in 385 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by barsoverbeats View Post
    This font is amazing. Also someone should seriously update the app, it looks diabolical on iOS7.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pioneer88 For This Useful Post:

besanford (04-07-2014), iRyanKGT (04-07-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,553 Times in 4,072 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    I know right. Just think, this all started because NewD and I couldn't get along. We fought in every thread and now we all have this place. Thanks Simon.
    That's getting more annoying than "Squad Up" lol
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    That's getting more annoying than "Squad Up" lol
    I'm confused. What exactly is annoying?

Thanks

I'm confused. What exactly is annoying?
    The fact you and NewD constantly point out this thread was made for you and him.

Thanks

The fact you and NewD constantly point out this thread was made for you and him.
    Fair enough. It's the truth though. Just fun to think about the beginning and how far we have all come. My apologies if u find that annoying. Seems like a very small thing. Remember, I'm just some guy on the internet.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Heine (04-07-2014), iRyanKGT (04-07-2014)

Thanks

Fair enough. It's the truth though. Just fun to think about the beginning and how far we have all come. My apologies if u find that annoying. Seems like a very small thing. Remember, I'm just some guy on the internet.
    It's annoying because it appears Simon and NewD were the first participants so your claim is false

Thanks

It's annoying because it appears Simon and NewD were the first participants so your claim is false
    Then I'm mistaken. I was always under the impression that Simon created it because of our back and forth. I thought I remember Simon and I having that conversation. Still seems like a silly thing to get hung up on but in the future I'll make sure that I don't make the huge mistake of including myself into the reason for this threads inception. I hope this will make u less annoyed.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

iRyanKGT (04-07-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,445 Times in 4,288 Posts

Then I'm mistaken. I was always under the impression that Simon created it because of our back and forth. I thought I remember Simon and I having that conversation. Still seems like a silly thing to get hung up on but in the future I'll make sure that I don't make the huge mistake of including myself into the reason for this threads inception. I hope this will make u less annoyed.
    You're right Krima. Actually Simon clipped out 'my' comments from the earliest debate which included him answering me back about something he thought I was off on. BUT you were in that conversation too and show up quickly enough. And it was mostly about 'me' blathering on about this or that.. I can't believe some of the stuff that motivated me back then..

SOO past that... So Gunny's understanding is 'quite' on.. The majority of the time things got moved it - was about you and me.. LOL!!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-07-2014), iRyanKGT (04-07-2014)

Thanks

Either way, it's a silly thing to care about. Don't much care about who exactly is responsible but I guess it matters to some.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

iRyanKGT (04-07-2014)

Thanks

Thank you for your assistant on this matter. I greatly appreciate it

Thanks

Thank you for your assistant on this matter. I greatly appreciate it
    No problem man. I try to help when I can. I'm glad u cleared this mystery up. I'm sure it was eating away at a few people here. We should tackle more of life's great mysteries together.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

iRyanKGT (04-07-2014)

Thanks

No problem man. I try to help when I can. I'm glad u cleared this mystery up. I'm sure it was eating away at a few people here. We should tackle more of life's great mysteries together.
    Before we head out on adventures together we need to find our equivalent to the mystery machine. If we can't then that a deal breaker I will remain a Lone Ranger.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,445 Times in 4,288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    Now this was useless, NewDy.
    Useless and elitist.
    Fair enough - Frogman.. But it was true.

Quote Originally Posted by dmick89 View Post
    I see you're going to keep going with this. While MJ's comments are a matter of record, it's prudent for the individual accusing another of something to provide the proof within their own comment or shortly thereafter when provoked to provide it. It's how most communities operate and I assumed this one was similar to 99.999% of communities that came before it, both on the internet and in the real world going back to 12,000 BC. Accusing a man of something without proof has been, in some communities over that time, a capital offense.
    There was NO accusing in my words at all. If you read more carefully - you'd immediately see that you've blown this WAY out of proportion.

It seems very clear based on Rob's and MJ's own comments that they disagree strongly with what you said and it is therefore on you to provide clear proof they are wrong.
    One can't prove and 'opinion wrong or right', Dmick.. I provided my 'opinion' and Rob and Mj don't think about Eli7e the way I do. GREAT!! No prob.. MJ's observation of Rob's approach to themeing - which was my original comment - 'before I gave my opinion' - she agreed that she stated 'early in beta'.. So again - no proof necessary.. As a few posts back - she just verified - that she indeed make that particular observation about Rob's approach. And SHE knows his approach VERY well. So 'my original comment' about Rob's approach to match UI to icons - is again proved correct. It's only my OPINIONS about what matching iOS7 givens to Eli7e - NOT being as good as prior Elite versions -- THAT OPINION they disagree with..

If you can't see the distinction -- then you just choose to troll me here. And I'm not in the mood for a 'troll' right now.. So *PLONK* - you are now on ignore. Don't bother responding as I won't see your response. Don't worry. I keep a short account of wrongs.. You'll be off ignore soon enough. Krima knows.. He's been on ignore scores of times..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

iRyanKGT (04-07-2014)

Thanks

Well Gunny, life is full of tough choices. If going at it alone is what's best for u, then I support u 100%.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

iRyanKGT (04-07-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,669 Times in 1,390 Posts

Before I get shot, what's your end game brother? You nitpick at every little thing. How is your bp not through the roof? What is the actual satisfaction you get out of proving a point? Or stirring up trouble. Picking on the "little" guys?

I don't understand, but hey I ain't nobody...

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iRyanKGT For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-07-2014), rjr1124 (04-11-2014)