+ Reply
Page 65 of 91 FirstFirst ... 15 556364656667 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1803

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Great Debate

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Originally Posted by iryankgt Nothing but wisdom in all that you've spoken! I try to keep by Tim's principles too. And he has to throw me in check all the
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,610 Times in 2,394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iryankgt View Post
    Nothing but wisdom in all that you've spoken! I try to keep by Tim's principles too. And he has to throw me in check all the dam time. It is a very fine line, and I admit I do cross it a lot. I'll try to to work harder on it no doubt.
    You are all good man. I'm not upset about anything, just my observation. I didn't say any of this in the thread because it's not appropriate. That's why I love this thread, it's an avenue for people who want to get their frustration out. No topics to adhere to, just conversations.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

besanford (04-07-2014), iRyanKGT (04-07-2014), NewdestinyX (04-07-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Dmick - you're too new here to speak into several of these matters. Thanks for 'backing out' of territory you really know nothing about. Appreciate your thoughts.. but you don't really understand the big picture..
    This mentality is more damaging to MMI than pretty much anything in the e7 thread. But MMI invites this behavior by labeling users.
    As long as there's hate in your heart, there'll be hate in the world. You can't fight for peace and you cannot capture freedom.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mcooper For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-07-2014), Bacardi85 (04-07-2014), besanford (04-07-2014), dmick89 (04-07-2014), iRyanKGT (04-07-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,800 Times in 4,428 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mcooper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX
    Dmick - you're too new here to speak into several of these matters. Thanks for 'backing out' of territory you really know nothing about. Appreciate your thoughts.. but you don't really understand the big picture..
    This mentality is more damaging to MMI than pretty much anything in the e7 thread. But MMI invites this behavior by labeling users.
    Not sure I understand what you mean. But I'm open, coop.. Unpack a little..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

But what do I know I'm a green apple or living an iPhone life and haven't been here long enough to be an educated, accountable, honorable grown man.
    As long as there's hate in your heart, there'll be hate in the world. You can't fight for peace and you cannot capture freedom.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mcooper For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-07-2014), Bacardi85 (04-07-2014), iRyanKGT (04-07-2014)

Thanks

But what do I know I'm a green apple or living an iPhone life and haven't been here long enough to be an educated, accountable, honorable grown man.
    My father taught me that when you're new to a community - you do a lot of listening - because you can't really know 'the dynamic' of the group until you've spent some time listening. Dmick's comments were 'premature' in my view. Free to say what he wills - but not pass judgement. Jes' sayin'..

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    That's why I love this thread, it's an avenue for people who want to get their frustration out. No topics to adhere to, just conversations.
    Yeah - but they've taken over OUR thread, bro...

Thanks
    Thanked 5,672 Times in 1,391 Posts

My father taught me that when you're new to a community - you do a lot of listening - because you can't really know 'the dynamic' of the group until you've spent some time listening. Dmick's comments were 'premature' in my view. Free to say what he wills - but not pass judgement. Jes' sayin'..

Your father is a wise man indeed.
    Last edited by iRyanKGT; 04-07-2014 at 09:34 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to iRyanKGT For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-07-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iryankgt View Post
    You're father is a wise man indeed.
    My father taught me ******* get the stitches.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-07-2014), iRyanKGT (04-07-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,676 Times in 4,002 Posts

Woah woah woah.

First off, that conversation was held during the first public beta of e7. When I was asked why e7 was so colorful, and why it wasn't dark and slate like previous elite versions? What I said was e7 is a new theme. Elite is the brand. Do all nike's look the same? Nope. Each edition of the theme is a new theme. Each iOS version the theme is new. It's NOT an update. It's a new creation. Why is that so hard to understand? Just because the name "elite" is in the title, although each time in a different way?

I did say that Rob likes consistency within the ENTIRETY of the theme. This is no secret. Isn't it what every theme creator likes? Icons to UI, and that with the CURRENT state of iOS 7 AT THAT TIME, it made more sense to make something with some color. I NEVER said it was any less "elite" don't get it twisted.

Now, we have the dark set. But guess what? Now there are tweaks that will change that UI to dark for you if you so choose.

Do you think e6 dark and slate icons with the white default UI would be consistent looking? Hell no. What Rob did was make iOS 7 more elite.

I think maybe your opinions in that post need to be differentiated from the facts that I supplied. You state what I told you, but speckled with your own opinions, which makes it look as if they were my opinions. And everyone knows my opinion of Rob and the elite brand. The fact is, it's the farthest thing from what you implied in your post, NewD.

Anyhow. Anyone wants to know my opinion, just ask me. I've never been afraid to speak my mind.

"OUR thread"?? No, not even close. Last I checked it was a public thread.

"Taken over" ?? When this thread moves 40 pages a day, then and only then, will we have taken over.
    Last edited by MamaJaay; 04-07-2014 at 09:38 AM.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-07-2014), besanford (04-07-2014), Heine (04-07-2014), iRyanKGT (04-07-2014), NewdestinyX (04-07-2014), rumcajs (04-07-2014), TeddyDiesel (04-07-2014)

Thanks

But how do you know how much he has set back and listened? I will assume your father was speaking of a physical community? People that can be observed? Here we are typed words. Nothing more. It’s becoming more difficult for people to understand the difference. How is it possible to perceive someone’s “understanding “ of a particular subject based solely on their time spent on MMI? or their status given by it's creators? Or the amount of times their peers liked their posts?
    I'm not trying to single you out NewD, just conversation.

Dude, look up! You stirred the Hornets nest now.
    Last edited by mcooper; 04-07-2014 at 10:03 AM.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mcooper For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-07-2014), iRyanKGT (04-07-2014), Krima (04-07-2014), TeddyDiesel (04-07-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,926 Times in 1,262 Posts

OK, this got me back in. This is a ******** response. I'm new here. I lack the skill that many, many others have here. I'm new to this whole scene. That said, there is nothing about what I said that I wouldn't stand behind. I don't need X number of posts or Y number of years of presence around this site before I can say what I did. If you're going to claim someone (Rob) did something because of x,y,z and name a specific person (MJ) you best be able to back it up. Because if MJ pops by and claims otherwise, you lose credibility and though I have not been here long, what you claimed will lose you more credibility than I have around these parts if it isn't true.

I back no one in this game. I don't know Rob. I don't know MJ. I'll never meet them. I think Rob's theme is fantastic and though Fuel is my favorite at the moment, I couldn't possibly begin to argue that E7 is not anything other than a fantastic theme. And not to be too kind because I hate being one-sided, I find some of Rob's antics off-putting. I believe he should let his product speak for itself rather than chime in when he did last night or today. Further, I believe he's used the size of his following to bully others. However, he's got a damn fine theme he's selling and whatever money he's made from it, he deserves. And then some.
    Last edited by dmick89; 04-07-2014 at 10:05 AM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dmick89 For This Useful Post:

besanford (04-07-2014), iRyanKGT (04-07-2014)

Thanks

@dmick89. You should go check out this theme. It's free and I think the icons are so clean. It comes in a light and dark set. Thémis becomes 7hémis, for FREE! a theme by Ulysseleviet

Last edited by Krima; 04-07-2014 at 10:05 AM.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-07-2014), barsoverbeats (04-07-2014), besanford (04-07-2014), blkcadi (04-07-2014), dmick89 (04-07-2014), iRyanKGT (04-07-2014), mcooper (04-07-2014), Pocyahtstu (04-07-2014), TeddyDiesel (04-07-2014)

Thanks

Dmick's comments were 'premature' in my view. Free to say what he wills - but not pass judgement. Jes' sayin'..

Was not passing judgment. I merely suggested we get some verification, as it should have been easy to provide, since you were claiming someone had done something for a specific reason. Not too much to ask that everyone be held accountable for what they say. Everyone.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to dmick89 For This Useful Post:

iRyanKGT (04-07-2014)

Thanks

@dmick89. You should go check out this theme. It's free and I think the icons are so clean. It comes in a light and dark set. Winterboard Thémis becomes 7hémis, for FREE! a theme by Ulysseleviet
    It is very nice. I can't believe I never noticed it on IOS6. Just too many wonderful themes to keep up with at that time I guess. And I had much less time then than I have now.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mcooper For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-07-2014), iRyanKGT (04-07-2014), Krima (04-07-2014)

Thanks

@dmick89. You should go check out this theme. It's free and I think the icons are so clean. It comes in a light and dark set. Winterboard Thémis becomes 7hémis, for FREE! a theme by Ulysseleviet
    Thanks. Very clean look. I'll have to give it a try.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dmick89 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-07-2014), iRyanKGT (04-07-2014), Krima (04-07-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,676 Times in 4,002 Posts

Dude, look up! You stirred the Hornets nest now.
    Nah. Just wanted to make sure the world was aware that my opinions are that of my own, and do not even closely resemble what NewD was implying there, whether intentional or non-intentional. Which I find it's usually non-intentional with him. He has a good heart, and he's a smart guy, but sometimes his posts really rub people the wrong way. He really is like "Sheldon" on the Big Bang theory. Sarcasm often escapes them both.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-07-2014), besanford (04-07-2014), iRyanKGT (04-07-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    I did say that Rob likes consistency within the ENTIRETY of the theme. This is no secret. Isn't it what every theme creator likes? Icons to UI, and that with the CURRENT state of iOS 7 AT THAT TIME, it made more sense to make something with some color. I NEVER said it was any less "elite" don't get it twisted.
    I, of course, never said that in my comments to Rob nor implied it.
    I think maybe your opinions in that post need to be differentiated from the facts that I supplied. You state what I told you, but speckled with your own opinions, which makes it look as if they were my opinions.
    Yes. My opinions mixed in with what you said - did leave room for confusion between your thoughts and my opinion. In retrospect I erred in judgement there. Wish I could have been clear between your 'known' understanding of Rob's approach and MY opinions about the result in Eli7e. My apologies.
    And everyone knows my opinion of Rob and the elite brand. The fact is, it's the farthest thing from what you implied in your post, NewD.
    I made clear my opinions were my own on where the Elite brand has landed with eli7e. You and I have vastly different views on that and that's just a personal difference of opinion. Ain't no thang...
    "OUR thread"?? No, not even close. Last I checked it was a public thread.
    Now 'who' can't take a joke.. LOL!! Total joke - in that this thread was always just Simon's dumping ground for Joel's and my arguments.. LOL!! Please tell me you got that joke, Jess..

"Taken over" ?? When this thread moves 40 pages a day, then and only then, will we have taken over.
    HA!! Duly noted!!

But how do you know how much he has set back and listened? I will assume your father was speaking of a physical community? People that can be observed? Here we are typed words. Nothing more. It’s becoming more difficult for people to understand the difference. How is it possible to perceive someone’s “understanding “ of a particular subject based solely on their time spent on MMI? or their status given by it's creators? Or the amount of times their peers liked their posts?
    I'm not trying to single you out NewD, just conversation.
    Though I hear your general point, Coop.. You need to read a little more about the phenomenon of social internet communities. Psychologists and Psychiatrists studying the new media for the last 8 years are pretty much all concluding that there's no difference in the Human Psyche responses between the relationships made online and the ones made in real life. They share almost identical places in the emotion centers in the brain. People may 'hide' some aspects of their personalities in forums OR make LARGER some of those aspects online than in real life.. but the 'connections' people make online are very real relationships that they think about even when not online.

Quote Originally Posted by dmick89 View Post
    Was not passing judgment. I merely suggested we get some verification, as it should have been easy to provide, since you were claiming someone had done something for a specific reason. Not too much to ask that everyone be held accountable for what they say. Everyone.
    MJ's orig comments are a matter of public record. Most know Rob's approach - and what I quoted from MJ is something most people following Elite for 2 years already know about Rob's approach.. I didn't need to quote anyone to prove it. That's what I mean about your being new. You'd know that - if you'd been here a while. It's also why I was a little surprised by Rob's referring to all I said as "pure shiz".. I'm sure he was referring to my 'opinion' that the Elite brand was no longer 'in a class by itself' as of Eli7e. Naturally he'd disagree with that 'opinion' of mine.

Hear me - gang.. Eli7e is a GREAT THEME!!! People around here tend to camp on the negative and never hear the positive..

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    Which I find it's usually non-intentional with him. He has a good heart, and he's a smart guy, but sometimes his posts really rub people the wrong way.
    TRUE DAT!!
    He really is like "Sheldon" on the Big Bang theory. Sarcasm often escapes them both.
    Though this was not a sarcasm instance.. But you're right on that too. That's why King and Krima were my nemeses for almost two years.. The sarcasm was always personal to me - since I didn't see it as such.. Well - some of it WASN'T sarcasm either.. And I had to speak up about that.. But way better now..

Thanks for your general words there, MJ.. You get me - and extend a lot of grace...
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 04-07-2014 at 10:28 AM.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-07-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,583 Times in 4,085 Posts

Can I claim credit for this recent stuff?
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

32. The Following User Says Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

Pocyahtstu (04-07-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    maybe.. This thread has become like the "RANDOMLY OFF TOPIC THREAD" - except for people to work out their differences. It's like a "I'VE BEEN HURT ANONYMOUS" meeting. I wonder how many 'steps' our program would need

34. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-07-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,672 Times in 1,391 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    You are entitled to whatever you seek

36. The Following User Says Thank You to iRyanKGT For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-07-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,471 Times in 679 Posts

Good afternoon ladies and gents!
    Just wanted to say hi

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Pocyahtstu For This Useful Post:

iRyanKGT (04-07-2014)