+ Reply
Page 64 of 91 FirstFirst ... 14 546263646566 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1801

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Great Debate

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
What I find interesting is that I rarely hear people speak bad about the theme, just the people that are representing the theme. I think that point alone deserves a
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,181 Times in 2,277 Posts

What I find interesting is that I rarely hear people speak bad about the theme, just the people that are representing the theme. I think that point alone deserves a little bit of self evaluation. Maybe less talking about being Elite and just being Elite. Try that out and maybe the tone in the thread will shift in a more positive way. Just a thought.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-07-2014), besanford (04-07-2014), iRyanKGT (04-07-2014), King_O_Hill (04-07-2014), NewdestinyX (04-07-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,286 Times in 625 Posts

No one asked me, though I feel the need to remind anyone who takes the the out to read this-that all we have to do is ignore the negative people . The ones that feel the need to talk like 20 to lifers but yet are meeky sitting behind a keyboard threatening to use fire arms.
    Lol it's hilarious ... Just ignore it and use this site for what it's meant for.
    Help , mod, create...

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pocyahtstu For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-07-2014), iRyanKGT (04-07-2014), King_O_Hill (04-07-2014), Krima (04-07-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,446 Times in 4,289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    What I find interesting is that I rarely hear people speak bad about the theme, just the people that are representing the theme. I think that point alone deserves a little bit of self evaluation. Maybe less talking about being Elite and just being Elite. Try that out and maybe the tone in the thread will shift in a more positive way. Just a thought.
    That's it again, Krima. You're on a roll today.. Though I get Ryan's pride in a great product.. the whole 'squad up' and 'be Elite' thing - is overplayed and creates a groupie mentality that, I'm guessin', takes away from Rob's intent. I know people mean well.. but it's all overdone. Jes' sayin'..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-07-2014), iRyanKGT (04-07-2014), Pocyahtstu (04-07-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,669 Times in 1,390 Posts

Krima I've always had the utmost respect for you brother. Always keeping the peace and being a pillar of this community. Your words are true and wise and I read them with a true heart.

"Maybe less talking about being Elite and just being Elite. Try that out and maybe the tone in the thread will shift in a more positive way."

You have a good point right there. But what's the harm in keeping people in good spirts and hyping up their days? I walk live on an overly optimistic path. That's maybe a flaw in my design, but I live it with no regrets. What's the harm in ending my comments daily with a squad up or two?

You know why I started saying that? When Tim (h3mptation) would come through EPHD thread and say that. The way I would see people react, even myself when he did that. It was an amazing experience. I am the man I am today, at least in this setting, directly because of him. That's what Tim and I do.. HYPE. Keep people in positive spirits.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocyahtstu Santana View Post
    No one asked me, though I feel the need to remind anyone who takes the the out to read this-that all we have to do is ignore the negative people . The ones that feel the need to talk like 20 to lifers but yet are meeky sitting behind a keyboard threatening to use fire arms.
    Lol it's hilarious ... Just ignore it and use this site for what it's meant for.
    Help , mod, create...
    I've been trying to go that route. Hell, it'll keep my blood pressure down, that's for sure lol.
    Last edited by iRyanKGT; 04-07-2014 at 08:57 AM.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iRyanKGT For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-07-2014), Heine (04-07-2014), Krima (04-07-2014), mcooper (04-07-2014), Pocyahtstu (04-07-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,260 Times in 1,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    That's it again, Krima. You're on a roll today.. Though I get Ryan's pride in a great product.. the whole 'squad up' and 'be Elite' thing - is overplayed and creates a groupie mentality that, I'm guessin', takes away from Rob's intent. I know people mean well.. but it's all overdone. Jes' sayin'..
    Ryan's pride is borderline fanatical and a bit scary to me. He's helped me out and I appreciate that. He's a great salesman on this type of forum. He's a perfect mascot and Squad Up is the stuff of mascots.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dmick89 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-07-2014), Heine (04-07-2014), iRyanKGT (04-07-2014)

Thanks

You're right brother, no doubt. We increased a following with that campaign. Maybe it's time to lay that to rest and just do what we do, design

Quote Originally Posted by dmick89 View Post
    Ryan's pride is borderline fanatical and a bit scary to me. He's helped me out and I appreciate that. He's a great salesman on this type of forum. He's a perfect mascot and Squad Up is the stuff of mascots.
    LOL you ain't lying, I'm borderline insane with this Elite kick. And yea I'm the mascot, whattup doe?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iRyanKGT For This Useful Post:

dmick89 (04-07-2014), Heine (04-07-2014), mcooper (04-07-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iryankgt View Post
    You're right brother, no doubt. We increased a following with that campaign. Maybe it's time to lay that to rest and just do what we do, design
    Yes please. It served a purpose and that purpose no longer exists. The product should (and does!) speak for itself. Let it.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dmick89 For This Useful Post:

Heine (04-07-2014), iRyanKGT (04-07-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,333 Times in 4,905 Posts

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to barsoverbeats For This Useful Post:

Bacardi85 (04-07-2014), besanford (04-07-2014), Heine (04-07-2014), iRyanKGT (04-07-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I agree with Simon, I got off to a bad start with him, but now I learn to be tolerant of his posts as I believe it is more of a language thing.

Wait, we got radar? I gotta go stealth then.
    I was the same exact way with Romy at first. But I've seen him come a LONG way, and does nothing but help in these threads. I appreciate the modder he's grown into, and def have a newfound respect for all that he does.
    Last edited by iRyanKGT; 04-07-2014 at 08:59 AM.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iRyanKGT For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-07-2014), Bacardi85 (04-07-2014), besanford (04-07-2014), King_O_Hill (04-07-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by barsoverbeats View Post
    NewD should post the contents of his discussion with MJ in full or take back what he said.

Thanks

In your 'opinion' Rob. MJ shared with me your desire to keep all things uniform with the UI you're given by Apple. So I believe that part of it is correct by my own observation of your work - unless she has misread you. I doubt that. .. And why would you not have gone with the angluar dark design from both other Elites? Because the 'happy colors' of iOS7 didn't allow for that -- right? Consistency with iOS you're given - right? The rest of it is my opinion - and calling it the way I see it. I said so many things there.. Which 'particular' statement of mine do you feel is full of shiz? I'm happy to retract anything that I'm just 'getting totally wrong'. Please be specific, bro.

Yeah, bro.. It's time is probably over.. But your heart and head are both in the right place, man. You're a 'great champion' for Elite. No doubt..
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 04-07-2014 at 09:00 AM.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-07-2014), besanford (04-07-2014), iRyanKGT (04-07-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    Feels great being considered equal to Ryan, Hemp, and.. Newdy.
    No you have it all wrong brother! When I would see you come in in EPHD and elite6 threads, I was always left with an awesome feeling and beautiful design to admire.

So let me say the honor is all mine, I am honored to be among you all! Nothing but love brother!

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iRyanKGT For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-07-2014), besanford (04-07-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,658 Times in 4,064 Posts

i agree with you Rob, first time i hear that getting 3000 "likes" only yo say hi lmaoo

i hope he can find a post that i've said Hi or Good morning and get "30 likes"

just doesn't make any sense.. that was funny

Sorry edit : at least 10 likes llooll

And Rob, your theme will always been in the first place where ever i go.. because we all know that you take your time to make it happen and get something sharp done for the community
    Last edited by Bacardi85; 04-07-2014 at 09:01 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,181 Times in 2,277 Posts

Krima I've always had the utmost respect for you brother. Always keeping the peace and being an pillar of this community. Your words are true and rise and I read them with a true heart.
    I appreciate that man but I'm nobody in this community. I do appreciate the compliment though.

Please don't misunderstand, I love the hype, the enthusiasm, and the promoting. I do it for products and themes I'm excited about all the time. I think that's a good thing but sometimes it can turn into an exclusionary thing. It's a fine line, and honestly, who am I to say what that line is. It's kind of like a backhanded compliment. If u tell someone, "For a woman your size, u look good in that dress". If u simply wanted to pay her a compliment than leave out the size part. What I have seen in the thread is a lot of egos, abrasive attitudes, and pompous behaviors that poison the spirit of the thread.

What I love about hemp is that his positivity is never tainted by a need to defend himself or prove his point. He always comes from a position of humility and that, I think, is why he is always well received. He is a great example to follow and I don't always follow it but I would like to. It's hard to check your pride when u r trying to get your point across. None of this takes away from the theme though, just the thread.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-07-2014), besanford (04-07-2014), iRyanKGT (04-07-2014)

Thanks

NewD should post the contents of his discussion with MJ in full or take back what he said.
    Remember I said - IMHO = 'in my humble opinion'..

28. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

iRyanKGT (04-07-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,423 Times in 786 Posts

I was the same exact way with Romy at first. But I've seen him come a LONG way, and doesn't nothing but help in these threads. I appreciate the modder he's grown into, and def have a newfound respect for all that he does.
    B has evolved more the last year than any other inside this house

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heine For This Useful Post:

Bacardi85 (04-07-2014), besanford (04-07-2014), iRyanKGT (04-07-2014), mcooper (04-07-2014)

Thanks

Yeah, bro.. It's time is probably over.. But your heart and head are both in the right place, man. You're a 'great champion' for Elite. No doubt..

Thanks

Remember I said - IMHO = 'in my humble opinion'..
    Some of what you said was an opinion, but you did say MJ informed you of something specific. That's what I was referring to.

I'm out. I have nothing against anyone here and don't want to be involved in this thread.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to dmick89 For This Useful Post:

iRyanKGT (04-07-2014)

Thanks

I appreciate that man but I'm nobody in this community. I do appreciate the compliment though.

Please don't misunderstand, I love the hype, the enthusiasm, and the promoting. I do it for products and themes I'm excited about all the time. I think that's a good thing but sometimes it can turn into an exclusionary thing. It's a fine line, and honestly, who am I to say what that line is. It's kind of like a backhanded compliment. If u tell someone, "For a woman your size, u look good in that dress". If u simply wanted to pay her a compliment than leave out the size part. What I have seen in the thread is a lot of egos, abrasive attitudes, and pompous behaviors that poison the spirit of the thread.

What I love about hemp is that his positivity is never tainted by a need to defend himself or prove his point. He always comes from a position of humility and that, I think, is why he is always well received. He is a great example to follow and I don't always follow it but I would like to. It's hard to check your pride when u r trying to get your point across. None of this takes away from the theme though, just the thread.
    Nothing but wisdom in all that you've spoken! I try to keep by Tim's principles too. And he has to throw me in check all the dam time. It is a very fine line, and I admit I do cross it a lot. I'll try to to work harder on it no doubt.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iRyanKGT For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-07-2014), besanford (04-07-2014), Krima (04-07-2014)

Thanks

Some of what you said was an opinion, but you did say MJ informed you of something specific. That's what I was referring to.

I'm out. I have nothing against anyone here and don't want to be involved in this thread.
    Dmick - you're too new here to speak into several of these matters. Thanks for 'backing out' of territory you really know nothing about. Appreciate your thoughts.. but you don't really understand the big picture..