+ Reply
Page 45 of 91 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 55 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Great Debate

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Grant, I have defended you in certain alpha groups, but you are just way out of line here. You were very wrong and only give half arsed apologies. I definitely
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,367 Times in 5,994 Posts

Grant, I have defended you in certain alpha groups, but you are just way out of line here. You were very wrong and only give half arsed apologies.

I definitely lost some respect today. I know you don't care but I needed to say it.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-02-2013), hemptation (12-02-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,496 Times in 4,304 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Here is Bee's thread! Only 4 pages!

Coffee Diary HD
    Yep.. And look at the dates on the posts.. We waited from January to June.. Then Ulysse created another thread with exact same name. Surprised moderators allowed that. That's what had me so confused. But reading those four pages now you can clearly see the angst and frustration with coffee diary getting out. Waited over 6 months.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

hemptation (12-02-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,196 Times in 2,284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Face it, Krima.. You're just a fanboy of some of these themers and live vicariously thru them because you can't do it yourself..
    (This next part is where Krima tries to take the last word and use psychobabble to try and teach me something)..... waaaait for it...,,,,,,,,
    First part was psychobabble. So you are upset at me for doing the same thing you just did.

Secondly, you didn't offer constructive criticism, you offered conjecture and misinformation. I'm surprised that you can't appreciate this because you have stated on so many occasions that you HATE misinformation. When you were wrong and I tried to correct you, I thought you would appreciate my tenacity. But I suppose when you do it, it's being tenacious and when I do it it's being fan boyish motivated by jealously. Hmmm

And your confusion does not make your points valid. Just because you we're confused doesn't make what you said right.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

hemptation (12-02-2013)

Thanks

I'm going back to my alpha circles.

Good night.

Sorry all, Simon can you move all this to the great debate? I don't want this crap to be the last few pages of Ulysse's last theme. Thanks bro!
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Grant, I have defended you in certain alpha groups, but you are just way out of line here. You were very wrong and only give half arsed apologies.

I definitely lost some respect today. I know you don't care but I needed to say it.
    Your conclusion is unwarranted, Brian. If you were in the original beta team for CoffeeDiary - you'd understand the frustration. None of you want to acknowledge that CoffeeDiary was not Ulysse's - it was Bee's.. All the base excellent work was started then halted .. And we waited forever.

You were there at the beginning of it, Brian. You should have defended me and not let Krima do his usual crap. You knew damned well what I meant when I said "waited for a year".. It was 6 months. January to June.

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    First part was psychobabble. So you are upset at me for doing the same thing you just did.

Secondly, you didn't offer constructive criticism, you offered conjecture and misinformation. I'm surprised that you can't appreciate this because you have stated on so many occasions that you HATE misinformation. When you were wrong and I tried to correct you, I thought you would appreciate my tenacity. But I suppose when you do it, it's being tenacious and when I do it it's being fan boyish motivated by jealously. Hmmm

And your confusion does not make your points valid. Just because you we're confused doesn't make what you said right.
    You always come thru with your pedantic last word, Krima!! Well done again!!!! Lol!!!

By all means, Simon - you can move this stuff.. As long as you move "all posts"...
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 12-01-2013 at 09:44 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

hemptation (12-02-2013)

Thanks

Sorry all, Simon can you move all this to the great debate? I don't want this crap to be the last few pages of Ulysse's last theme. Thanks bro!
    Agree completely.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Agreed.

Always entertaining, gentlemen. I'm out..

14. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

hemptation (12-02-2013)

Thanks

I'm sorry but I just have to point this out. Grant said he paid for this when it first hit but he was thinking of Ellersbees theme. What's funny is that theme was FREE, not paid like he suggested. Also, he said it took months to get what he paid for and Ulysse made his exit just a little over a month after release.

Dude, your whole argument is weak bro.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

hemptation (12-02-2013)

Thanks

I'm sorry but I just have to point this out. Grant said he paid for this when it first hit but he was thinking of Ellersbees theme. What's funny is that theme was FREE, not paid like he suggested. Also, he said it took months to get what he paid for and Ulysse made his exit just a little over a month after release.

Dude, your whole argument is weak bro.
    I admit I sure confused some details tonight, Krima. No doubt. But I really have a hard time understanding why you wanted to distance yourself so much from the original Coffee Diary thread of Bee's - (bearing the identical name) As if Coffee Diary didn't have some sordid history, as if everything really started with Ulysse when it didn't. You understood my points, but you just kept trying to defend this as if everything started with Ulysse. That really confused me.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

hemptation (12-02-2013)

Thanks

In all honesty Grant, I didn't know what you were talking about in the beginning. I even said, to try and be nice, that I think we were talking about two different themes. You insisted that you weren't. So, even yourself was confused but yet I'm suppose to know what you meant? Can you see that this seems a little unfair of you to put that on me?

And I never distanced myself from the original thread because I didn't know where you were getting your "facts" from, as you put it. And this theme did start with Ulysse because he was the one that collaborated with the original creator, not Ellersbee. By your own admission, that theme didnt go anywhere.

Even in your post just now I struggle to understand how your brain processes everything that just transpired. My only thought, and I don't mean this offensively, is that you got embarrassed that you were just mistaken, so you tried to salvage the argument a bit. This only made matters worse. Being wrong isn't a big deal man, refusing to humble yourself and admit fault is though. I never would have pushed if u did that, never. You have me all wrong Grant and I hope one day we can see eye to eye on this.
    Last edited by Krima; 12-01-2013 at 10:27 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

hemptation (12-02-2013)

Thanks

Deja vu! Haha!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

hemptation (12-02-2013)

Thanks

Quit it with the psychobabble, Krima!!! You're always a mile off, dude. I'm not embarrassed about a thing. I and many others had a bad experience with waiting for anything to happen with CD from January to June / 6mos. Mixing up a few timelines doesn't change what I experience or that I felt CD had poor cust service from a January start date. The current CD would have been Nothing without Bee. You guys have this silly problem with him that makes you want to have him disappear from everything. Ulysse did Not Start a new theme, Krima. He built on a well established look and icon design paradigm that had mostly Bee's amazing graphics thumbprint on it. Ulysse would have had no theme idea at all without Bee and the original designer.

We all agree Ulysse killed it though.. But, like it or not, he must be willing to accept the difficult beginning with the theme.. That's why he started a new thread with the same name.. Trying to distance himself from the problems of the original. I get it.. But it just created confusion in the end - and not just with me.

Give credit where credit is due, Krima. There would be no CoffeDiaryHD without Bee & Tree. Period.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

hemptation (12-02-2013)

Thanks

I can't believe you came back with that because what you said is wrong. Ulysse worked with the creator, not Ellersbee. He created a new thread because it was a new theme with him and the original creator. Did you not read my post earlier where I said this.

Ulysse had to start from scratch with the creator. You can't say there would be no theme without Ellersbee when he abandoned his project. A truthful statement is there would be no theme without the original artist and Ulysse. That's the facts Grant, not your misinformed opinion.

But let's please stop now, ok. We can continue in the Great Debate thread if u want.
    Last edited by Krima; 12-01-2013 at 10:48 PM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

hemptation (12-02-2013)

Thanks

I can't believe you came back with that because what you said is wrong. Ulysse worked with the creator, not Ellersbee. He created a new thread because it was a new theme with him and the original creator. Did you not read my post earlier where I said this.

Ulysse had to start from scratch with the creator. You can't say there would be no theme without Ellersbee when he abandoned his project. A truthful statement is there would be no theme without the original artist and Ulysse. That's the facts Grant, not your misinformed opinion.
    Sorry, Krima. We can't get to agreement there. You're splitting hairs. Just compare the early icons.. Direct cops from Bee's early stuff. I was on the original beta dude. You weren't. Remember Tree also did not respond in that 6 month period. You're trying to put all the blame on Bee. That's misinformed, Krima. And my opinions may be in disagreement with you - or exaggerated in your view or even in reality (my "1 year statement) but they are never "misinformed".

Your whole premise tonight was that the original thread had no right to even be in the equation of my conclusions about CD. That's where we first misaligned. To me CD HD original and post Ulysse are all the same thing and share the same evaluation. I know you disagree. And that's where you just have to let it go.. You're not yet good at agreeing to disagree.. Lol!!

But let's please stop now, ok. We can continue in the Great Debate thread if u want.
    Fine.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I was on the original beta dude. You weren't.
    Haha. Is this the closed beta that was Free but you said you paid for? Beginning to think that you don't know what you are talking about concerning CD. I personally would never pay for something that was free but I'm burdened by rational thoughts and behaviors. You are so lucky you don't have to contend with this burden.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

hemptation (12-02-2013)

Thanks

Don't make me get Blkcadi in here to whoop some ***!

Thanks

Don't make me get Blkcadi in here to whoop some ***!

Thanks
    Thanked 8,506 Times in 3,574 Posts

This is where I mention K.Nitusa's theme project for comparison with how incomplete and frustrating a paid beta can be when slowly developed piece by piece to finally come to a halt without explanation.
    Originally Posted by vXBaKeRXv
    This dude people is nothing but negative. "ALFROGGY"

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

hemptation (12-02-2013), King_O_Hill (12-02-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    This is where I mention K.Nitusa's theme project for comparison with how incomplete and frustrating a paid beta can be when slowly developed piece by piece to finally come to a halt without explanation.
    Yep.. I remember those frustrating days, Alfroggy.. With CoffeeDiary "classic", if you will; seeing so much potential -- and being ignored for nearly 6 months.. After laying out your cash -- nothing's more frustrating... So glad Ulysse picked up the ball... and continued where the original theme left off. By that time Bee's amazing quality bar was already heavily influencing the direction of the theme and Ulysse stayed right there and then went to higher heights. Never had seen 'brown' used so wonderfully in a theme.. And nothing has touched it to this day - in terms of the 'brown shades' aspect.

Just glad we got a final one eventually... Still my #2 favorite... auros being #1 - of course.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 12-02-2013 at 10:24 AM.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-02-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,506 Times in 3,574 Posts

Yeah, that colour scheme, with such detailed icons. A true work of art.

Something Dune lacks in my opinion.

I concur with what Krima wrote about Auros' amazing lighting. Plus I'll add that Jens' support is just as amazing. And not just on his thread(s).
    Originally Posted by vXBaKeRXv
    This dude people is nothing but negative. "ALFROGGY"

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

Krima (12-02-2013)