+ Reply
Page 35 of 78 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 45 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Great Debate

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Another thing about googling something is this. If you visit a website. And type In any word that links to that site. Google will top hit you to that specific
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,630 Times in 2,560 Posts

Another thing about googling something is this. If you visit a website. And type In any word that links to that site. Google will top hit you to that specific site. Because of your cache and history. I know this from when I was at pirate sites. Didn't matter what I typed. When I added jail break or Cydia. Is always directed me there. Not here Now all I get is mMI hits. Dig it

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-05-2013), Simon (09-05-2013)

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,054 Times in 4,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EricB78 View Post
    Ehhh. Wrong answer. The correct answer was candy corn. Lol
    Candy corn is nasty

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

Azjonnyg (09-05-2013), King_O_Hill (09-05-2013), Simon (09-05-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 14,167 Times in 6,639 Posts

Why I thought I could get anything other that that I don't know. Did everyone else notice that his argument went from indisputably more active over on iphoneforums to ending with HIS experience with google as I mounted actual evidence/facts supporting what I was saying?

delusion /dɪˈluːʒən/ n
    a mistaken or misleading opinion, idea, belief, etc
    a belief held in the face of evidence to the contrary, that is resistant to all reason
    the act of deluding or state of being deluded

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

2k1 (09-05-2013), EricB78 (09-05-2013), King_O_Hill (09-05-2013), Krima (09-05-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,727 Times in 2,135 Posts

I guess I pushed too hard this time. I remember him saying yesterday that he was a big boy and he could take it but I guess his exit proves otherwise.

My intention was never to harass only to continue the debate until a breakthrough happened, either on his end or mine. I just wanted to try and help him get to a more tolerable level. I guess leaving is one way but not my goal.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

hemptation (09-05-2013), King_O_Hill (09-05-2013), Simon (09-05-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,104 Times in 5,488 Posts

All of you should be ashamed of yourselves. You made that nice man go away. For shame.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

EricB78 (09-05-2013), hemptation (09-05-2013), Krima (09-05-2013), Simon (09-05-2013)

Thanks

You were right. When talking about pushin people's buttons to the point of saying something. Even I have been engaged in confrontation with him as well. I normally try not to get involved, but periodically I get emotionally drawn in to. It is what it is. I am not proud of it, I like to do a massive amount of reading before ever typing a response. I do like having Facts in line before spitting information as well. I have met many long winded people in life that felt they had something to prove, or needed validation, or even acceptance. I do believe Grant is a good person. And I believe that is why Krima
    tries so hard, to show Grant. How not cool he is when he lights in with the A hole conflicts to be an A hole
    Last edited by hemptation; 09-05-2013 at 07:10 PM.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

EricB78 (09-05-2013), King_O_Hill (09-05-2013), Krima (09-05-2013), Simon (09-05-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,727 Times in 2,135 Posts

That is exactly it Hemp. I wouldn't try so hard if I didn't want things to be better. My thought from the very beginning has been to find common ground with him. Some days we did but most days we didn't. You can see that I joined in 2011 but didn't post anything for well over a year. Never felt the need to really.

Then I started reading his post and he was so arrogant and condescending that I Engaged him very timidly at first. Then he started to go off on me and making all these accusations that I'm a therapist projecting onto him what a cant say to my patients and I'm just a kid and my comments aren't welcomed. He started the psycho-babble first and I just continued it. It was then that I decided to be more assertive with him and I figured since he wasn't backing down, I wouldn't.

Just a little history on the great feud of Grant and Krima. And since he ignored me, my version (the truth) will go uncontested.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

hemptation (09-05-2013), Simon (09-05-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    That is exactly it Hemp. I wouldn't try so hard if I didn't want things to be better. My thought from the very beginning has been to find common ground with him. Some days we did but most days we didn't. You can see that I joined in 2011 but didn't post anything for well over a year. Never felt the need to really.

Then I started reading his post and he was so arrogant and condescending that I Engaged him very timidly at first. Then he started to go off on me and making all these accusations that I'm a therapist projecting onto him what a cant say to my patients and I'm just a kid and my comments aren't welcomed. He started the psycho-babble first and I just continued it. It was then that I decided to be more assertive with him and I figured since he wasn't backing down, I wouldn't.

Just a little history on the great feud of Grant and Krima. And since he ignored me, my version (the truth) will go uncontested.
    Well might as well quote you so he can read it if he wants. And possibly get reengaged in the "Great Debate" so the therapy can continue.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-05-2013), EricB78 (09-05-2013), King_O_Hill (09-05-2013), Simon (09-05-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Azjonnyg's Avatar
    Thanks

Heh heh heh, you guys are d*cks.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Azjonnyg For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-05-2013), hemptation (09-06-2013), Simon (09-06-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,563 Times in 3,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    i remember a time when IMEI unlocks were impossible. back then i would have gladly pay $99 to get a permanent unlock. i still have my IMEI unlocked 4S and i dont plan to travel out of the country anytime soon, so i'll just patiently wait and see if prices change. but if i were to travel sometime soon and really wanted my 5S unlocked, i would gladly pay for services provided my our admin Cowboy i'd rather pay a known admin rather then a stranger on ebay
    Whether a good "known" guy like Cowboy does it or a stranger on eBay sells them - makes no difference. It's still "reselling" a product that was unethically acquired by employees of AT&T. Reselling doesn't make that seller any less a participant in something unethical. The argument "crazy roaming charges from the big bad AT&T" doesn't suddenly make it ethical to unlock "in contract". In the entire contract period you sign your name to abide by AT&T's policies which includes paying whatever charges they attach when you're roaming overseas.

What are we? Robin Hood and his Merry Men?, stealing from The Rich - AT&T; and giving to The Poor - ourselves?

People can do what they want.. Just don't try and "rose color" the ethics of it.. Buying (or reselling) unlocks, though not technically illegal on the buyer/reseller's part, is still aiding & abetting the AT&T employees stealing unlock IMEI blocks from their company (AT&T) - which makes you, the buyer of the in-contract unlock (mostly 5/5C/5S, right now) AND the guy who sells it to you - just as unethical in your actions.

That's my final word on it.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 10-24-2013 at 10:26 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,808 Times in 2,187 Posts

You will receive an email.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Whether a good "known" guy like Cowboy does it or a stranger on eBay sells them - makes no difference. It's still "reselling" a product that was unethically acquired by employees of AT&T. Reselling doesn't make that seller any less a participant in something unethical. The argument "crazy roaming charges from the big bad AT&T" doesn't suddenly make it ethical to unlock "in contract". In the entire contract period you sign your name to abide by AT&T's policies which includes paying whatever charges they attach when you're roaming overseas.

What are we? Robin Hood and his Merry Men?, stealing from The Rich - AT&T; and giving to The Poor - ourselves?

People can do what they want.. Just don't try and "rose color" the ethics of it.. Buying (or reselling) unlocks, though not technically illegal on the buyer/reseller's part, is still aiding & abetting the AT&T employees stealing unlock IMEI blocks from their company (AT&T) - which makes you, the buyer of the in-contract unlock (mostly 5/5C/5S, right now) AND the guy who sells it to you - just as unethical in your actions.

That's my final word on it.
    If you would like to express your opinion about ethics and morals please pm me, i'll gladly talk to you. I feel like your missing a whole lot of key information. Actually I know your missing a lot of key information or you wouldn't be speaking about ethics and morals. You don't know how the systems have worked or how they are working now.

PS I really hope you have At&t terms and conditions and unlocking policy handy because you will need it. Also you may want to read the DMCA policy and study it in great detail...

Thanks,
    Cowboy
    Last edited by Cowboy; 10-25-2013 at 12:12 AM.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    You will receive an email.

If you would like to express your opinion about ethics and morals please pm me, i'll gladly talk to you. I feel like your missing a whole lot of key information. Actually I know your missing a lot of key information or you wouldn't be speaking about ethics and morals. You don't know how the systems have worked or how they are working now.

PS I really hope you have At&t terms and conditions and unlocking policy handy because you will need it. Also you may want to read the DMCA policy and study it in great detail...

Thanks,
    Cowboy
    He doesn't have any of that stuff and has probably never read it. Proof and facts aren't really something he deals in. Opinions and arguments, now that's his currency.

I Lol'ed big time at the "In the entire contract period you sign your name to abide by AT&T's policies which includes paying whatever charges they attach when you're roaming overseas. "

I dare him to find that in their contract. My argument would be and is that ATT can just as easily be considered unethical by locking the device and the person into a contract almost forcing them to pay such ridiculous roaming charge fees. One unethical turn deserves another I guess, if not for this behavior from ATT maybe their employees wouldn't be so inclined to break their employment contracts and help people unlock their device. ATT should be doing it themselves.
    Take a cue from Verizon, their iPhone 5's are factory unlocked. And anyone with a locked 4S or other phone can have it unlocked for free by Verizon for international roaming after 3 months of their account being in good standing. Funny huh, how their phones get unlocked yet they still abide by their contract and pay their monthly charges which were agreed upon. A much more reasonable business model, not perfect since it still doesn't help those of us not in the US, but better.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post

Thanks,
    Cowboy
    I know 'exactly' how it works, bro. And have had two lawyer friends of mine comb over all the documents and info on this process - when I was considering starting an unlock service myself. There is nothing 'illegal' being done (yet)... But there is no doubt - what the AT&T employees are doing in wholesaling the unlock blocks of in-contract phones, to you and other eBay sellers, is 'stealing' from their company = unethical. Resellers of unlocks are just middle men to the public and as such aren't doing anything directly unethical. But because they're (you're) selling something, 'in effect' stolen, it gets too close to "directly" unethical for my tastes. But we live in a world of moral relativism now - so 'do what feels good' and 'make yer money', bro..

Contrary to Simon's rant about me - I'm always very well studied on a topic before I make comments here. The issue here isn't what's in AT&T's user contract to us.. that's a smokescreen argument... it matters the 'source' of what's being sold to us in an in-contract unlock. People reading this thread and hearing about all the 5S unlock problems lately - and higher and higher price point should immediately catch on to what's really going on.

Reselling of unlocks of 'in-contract' phones is dealing in 'unethically acquired merchandise'. Best analogy is 'passing on counterfeit money'. Even though the 'buyer' (if you will) of the cash to the 'one who passes on the bills, 'seller' (if you will) didn't print it.. the next one passing it on and the original passer on can get in trouble for it. AT&T is building its cases now and will make an example of some sellers soon enough.. As well as fire some of their employees..

I will accept the argument I've heard - that this is a USA issue.. as in other countries like Chile and Bermuda - factory locks are prohibited by those governments. So if you're in a country with no 'contracts' - then you're fine. All your phones are already unlocked at ANY price point you buy them.

I fully expect this post to be deleted..
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 10-25-2013 at 07:42 AM.

Thanks

I have had a team of lawyers look over all the required documents and they see no issues with unlocking in-contract phones. I don't need to prove this to anyone though. I can just say it and everyone should believe me because I said so.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I have had a team of lawyers look over all the required documents and they see no issues with unlocking in-contract phones. I don't need to prove this to anyone though. I can just say it and everyone should believe me because I said so.
    Interesting that our lawyers have come to different conclusions. hmmm..
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 10-25-2013 at 07:53 AM.

Thanks

Interesting that our lawyers have come to different conclusions. hmmm..
    Lawyers never agree with each other, go figure.

Thanks

Lawyers never agree with each other, go figure.
    People don't care about the ethics, bro.. They just want their unlock fast to do a quick resale of their incontract phone on eBay to make $200+.. profit..

Thanks
    Thanked 9,169 Times in 5,675 Posts

I can just say it and everyone should believe me because I said so.
    I believe, I believe.

Thanks

People don't care about the ethics, bro.. They just want their unlock fast to do a quick resale of their incontract phone on eBay to make $200+.. profit..
    And yet that still wouldn't get them out of their contract would it? Funny huh? Shame on them for making a little extra money while still honoring the contract they signed by paying the monthly bill.

Thanks

And yet that still wouldn't get them out of their contract would it? Funny huh? Shame on them for making a little extra money while still honoring the contract they signed by paying the monthly bill.
    You're a master at "non sequitur" arguments, Simon. You make them 'almost' sound compelling, bro.