Page 32 of 92 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 42 82 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 640 of 1825

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: The Great Debate

  1. #621
    My iPhone is a Part of Me gdd2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    in a barred spiral galaxy on the Cepheus-Draco border
    Posts
    624
    Thanks
    264
    Thanked 367 Times in 229 Posts

    Ooops! I didn't know there was some bad blood. I'll kill it if you want me to.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to gdd2010 For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (09-05-2013)

  3. #622
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,718
    Thanks
    6,952
    Thanked 15,502 Times in 7,090 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by gdd2010 View Post
    Ooops! I didn't know there was some bad blood. I'll kill it if you want me to.
    No bad blood. That site is fine, no issues with them whatsoever and definitely doesn't hurt to spread the word about this theme. I just found it funny last year when Grant swore they were a bigger, better and older site to me than MMi.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (09-05-2013), Krima (09-05-2013)

  5. #623
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    No bad blood. That site is fine, no issues with them whatsoever and definitely doesn't hurt to spread the word about this theme. I just found it funny last year when Grant swore they were a bigger, better and older site to me than MMi.
    Their traffic, with jail break issues, in 2010-2011 was better than MMI, FOR THAT SEASON, I was active there. That's pretty indisputable.. comparing thread count to thread count in the jailbreak arena. But the place is dead now, in ALL threads, due to over moderation and ban happy moderators.

    The other day when I was responding to a news post about Apple's failings to be innovative - my comments about Apple having missed being 1st in line to the laptop/tablet combo market, that, having been a mistake - were said to be off topic and I had to only post tablet comments in a new thread at their iPad sister forum. I was even given a WARNING infraction!!!! Looool!!!!! That place is just so bogus and it's what has ruined them. This place now rules on all levels. But in 2010-2011 that place ruled for jailbreak know-how. There was no comparison in those days. I was here and there in those days (only a guest here)... But they won in those days..

    Then I met Simon and Cadi! And I've never been the same..
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 09-05-2013 at 08:42 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  6. #624
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,718
    Thanks
    6,952
    Thanked 15,502 Times in 7,090 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Their traffic, with jail break issues, in 2010-2011 was better than MMI, FOR THAT SEASON, I was active there. That's pretty indisputable.. comparing thread count to thread count in the jailbreak arena. But the place is dead now, in ALL threads, due to over moderation and ban happy moderators.

    The other day when I was responding to a news post about Apple's failings to be innovative - my comments about Apple having missed being 1st in line to the laptop/tablet combo market, that, having been a mistake - were said to be off topic and I had to only post tablet comments in a new thread at their iPad sister forum. I was even given a WARNING infraction!!!! Looool!!!!! That place is just so bogus and it's what has ruined them. This place now rules on all levels. But in 2010-2011 that place ruled for jailbreak know-how. There was no comparison in those days. I was here and there in those days (only a guest here)... But they won in those days..

    Then I met Simon and Cadi! And I've never been the same..
    Don't buy it for one second and you have no proof other than your word/opinion so calling it indisputable is just downright laughable, I dispute it. You weren't active in our jailbreak section then (and still aren't). I was extremely active there. It's one of the reasons I was approached to become a moderator.

    Do you remember saying that their site was older than MMi too?

  7. #625
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Don't buy it for one second and you have no proof other than your word/opinion so calling it indisputable is just downright laughable, I dispute it. You weren't active in our jailbreak section then (and still aren't). I was extremely active there. It's one of the reasons I was approached to become a moderator.

    Do you remember saying that their site was older than MMi too?
    High Five Simon.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

    hemptation (09-05-2013), Simon (09-05-2013)

  9. #626
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,718
    Thanks
    6,952
    Thanked 15,502 Times in 7,090 Posts

    Take a wild guess which pic is which site then try and tell me how they could ever have been more active in any section than MMi. We have almost as many total threads as they have total posts.





    Quick math shows they have 10% of our posts. Not even close.

    The fact that you found your way there when randomly googling something one day means absolute bupkis. Unless you were here and active in the jailbreak section then I don't see how you have any ground at all to stand on in trying to compare their traffic with ours. Just because you say something is a fact or indisputable doesn't make it so (as much as you think it does).

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    EricB78 (09-05-2013), hemptation (09-05-2013), Krima (09-05-2013)

  11. #627
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Take a wild guess which pic is which site then try and tell me how they could ever have been more active in any section than MMi. We have almost as many total threads as they have total posts.





    Quick math shows they have 10% of our posts. Not even close.

    The fact that you found your way there when randomly googling something one day means absolute bupkis. Unless you were here and active in the jailbreak section then I don't see how you have any ground at all to stand on in trying to compare their traffic with ours. Just because you say something is a fact or indisputable doesn't make it so (as much as you think it does).
    Grant you will gain people's respect if you just say you are wrong and leave it at that. Don't try to twist it to try and make it seem like you are right in some way. YOU ARE WRONG. Lets hear it.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

    hemptation (09-05-2013)

  13. #628
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,718
    Thanks
    6,952
    Thanked 15,502 Times in 7,090 Posts

    He won't. I don't think he can.
    Whatever happened to Grant happened to everyone. Whatever hasn't happened to Grant happened to no one. Facts be damned.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    hemptation (09-05-2013)

  15. #629
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    He won't. I don't think he can.
    Whatever happened to Grant happened to everyone. Whatever hasn't happened to Grant happened to no one. Facts be damned.
    Maybe he will surprise us and just say, "You know what, I am wrong and I'm sorry" and gracefully leave and say nothing more.

    A man can dream.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

    hemptation (09-05-2013)

  17. #630
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,718
    Thanks
    6,952
    Thanked 15,502 Times in 7,090 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Maybe he will surprise us and just say, "You know what, I am wrong and I'm sorry" and gracefully leave and say nothing more.

    A man can dream.
    Nah, more likely he hasn't even seen these last few posts because he is writing an essay in response to my first post back to him.

    Lets see how many posts we can get in before the essay drops

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    hemptation (09-05-2013)

  19. #631
    Do you want to take a guess?

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

    hemptation (09-05-2013)

  21. #632

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    hemptation (09-05-2013)

  23. #633
    Double digits? How ambitious of you.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

    hemptation (09-05-2013)

  25. #634

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    hemptation (09-05-2013)

  27. #635
    Yes, Simon, you're very proud of MMI. Understandable. And you have every right to be. MMI rules.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    hemptation (09-05-2013)

  29. #636
    I'm so disappointed in you Grant. I thought since Simon actually gave evidence to dispute your indisputable comment that you would simply say you were wrong.

    I think that speaks to a mans character when he can't acknowledge when he is wrong. No need to make it a big deal but its obviously important to you to be right. I tried.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

    hemptation (09-05-2013)

  31. #637
    My use of the the term 'indisputable' was over-reaching - in true "Grant" style..

    But Simon's presentation of the facts was hardly proof.. LOL!! IPF has almost NO theme threads. MMI is MOSTLY Theme threads. Comparing TOTAL thread counts/members is a laughable comparison. Simon, you're more intelligent than that, bro.. My comment was about 'jailbreak' threads alone.. Unless Simon can find a stat for that - he has no evidence to support his 'dispute' AND neither do I. But I couldn't find any data here that answered my questions in those days.. It's anecdotal - agreed.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 09-05-2013 at 10:08 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  32. #638
    Not "over reaching" dude, I think the word you are looking for is WRONG.

    You never specified that you meant non theming threads. As per usual, you are twisting things to somehow make you right, at least in your eyes.

    Can't believe you still did that even when I said you would. I guess my psycho-analysis of you was RIGHT.
    Last edited by Krima; 09-05-2013 at 10:10 AM.

  33. #639
    Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    I'm so disappointed in you Grant.
    Of course you are..

    Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Not "over reaching" dude, I think the word you are looking for is WRONG.

    You never specified that you meant non theming threads. As per usual, you are twisting things to somehow make you right, at least in your eyes.

    Can't believe you still that when I said you would do that. I guess my psycho-analysis of you was RIGHT.
    Yes, to say 'indisputable' was wrong.. Do you think any of Simon's words were 'wrong'? His actually comparison maybe? Twisting my words? Maybe? Can anyone other than 'Grant' be wrong? Hmmmm. I wonder.. And notice who 'baited' this argument --> Simon.. He brought up a VERY old conversation out of context.. You see Krima -- it's ALWAYS the same. "I'm the one attacked first".. very clearly notable in this little mini debate here.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 09-05-2013 at 10:21 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  34. #640
    Of course others can be wrong but you don't need to deflect like that. It doesn't matter if others are wrong because we aren't talking about others, we are talking about you.

    You see that, right? If you are wrong in a situation it doesn't matter if someone at some point was also wrong. The only thing that is relevant is the present situation. Not rocket science.

    What you refuse to see or admit is that you share the responsibility of being baited. You aren't a victim, you compel people to speak up by your demeanor and the way you sound when you post things. But you want to play the victim and take NO responsibility for how you are perceived here.
    Last edited by Krima; 09-05-2013 at 10:16 AM.

  35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

    EricB78 (09-05-2013), Simon (09-05-2013)

Page 32 of 92 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 42 82 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •