+ Reply
Page 3 of 91 FirstFirst 12345 13 53 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Great Debate

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Originally Posted by Simon I was not attacking you at all. I was telling you how I feel you have been posting. And I know I am not alone. I
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,021 Times in 4,527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I was not attacking you at all. I was telling you how I feel you have been posting. And I know I am not alone. I also know that you aren't the only one that does these type of things. So do I. Suby does, King, most of us. You just seem to do it a lot and what I was trying to get through to you is I have seen others provide evidence to back up their claims (Suby for one, and me) but I have never seen you back up anything you have said with some kind of source or reference.
    Then you haven't been watching carefully enough. With Suby I showed him my examples. But I understand your general point. You have only recently in debate with shown '2' proof examples to my one. So you're overstating your case. You and I are about even on the proving out case thing. I will not prove my case for everything I offer here. I just won't. I don't need to - because following the advice I give to a person will be proof enough for them. Nothing I've ever stated here has sent someone astray. Look how long I've been here and look at the thanks I've received. Some are being helped. If I'd have started here when you did - you and I would both be about as well received. I work in tech for a living and have been a beta tester on many published software systems in my career. I'm not an upstart kid playing with his phone. But enough of that.. ;-/

There you go again generalizing things from your own experiences. MOST people were not on 4.2.8 at all. 4.2.8 is/was a Verizon only iPhone 4 firmware. MOST people had and still have GSM iPhones so never saw 4.2.8. 4.3.3 was a VERY important firmware in my eyes, since it was the last firmware at the time to have a untethered jailbreak. So if you wanted to be on as high a firmware as you could be while keeping your untethered jailbreak 4.3.3 was it, the golden firmware of the time. Similar to how 5.1.1 was.
    Sorry, sorry - i edited my post - I meant 4.2.1. That's where most AT&T'ers stayed all the way until 5.1.1. Just turned 51 yesterday - I can claim an occasional senior moment. 4.2.1 had an untether and 4.3 offerered nothing, phone-wise to anyone on 4.2.1 at the time. It was an insignificant "Apple" upgrade for a person on 4.2.1 untether.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,197 Times in 6,977 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Sorry, sorry - i edited my post - I meant 4.2.1. That's where most AT&T'ers stayed all the way until 5.1.1. Just turned 51 yesterday - I can claim an occasional senior moment. 4.2.1 had an untether and 4.3 offerered nothing, phone-wise to anyone on 4.2.1 at the time. It was an insignificant "Apple" upgrade for a person on 4.2.1 untether.
    Aah. Ok, 4.2.1 makes a lot more sense. 4.3 didn't offer much but it started a movement in app developers to start requiring at least 4.3 firmware for their apps to be installed, which can still be seen now:

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,455 Times in 6,381 Posts

Evasi0n has been taken down!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Evasi0n has been taken down!
    No surprise there. It looked too APPLE APPROVED. I'm sure they were threatened with a lawsuit. I'm amazed it stayed up for this many hours.

EDITED.. Hmmm.. My link to http://www.evasi0n.com/ still worked, King..
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 01-31-2013 at 01:30 PM.

Thanks

You have only recently in debate with shown '2' proof examples to my one.
    I have provided links before in our discussions I believe (one example). And sometimes in discussions you were having with someone else like the link yesterday to what Saurik said about cydia's repos (here). Today is just the first time I provided pictures.

I apologize if I missed you submitting some evidence against suby in that video cropping debate. It was a rather long one lol. I just remember his really long post of pictures, guess I got lost in those

Thanks

There was a crapping debate?
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

Thanks

No surprise there. It looked too APPLE APPROVED. I'm sure they were threatened with a lawsuit. I'm amazed it stayed up for this many hours.
    I highly doubt that. They are probably just updating it.

You made me actually go check my spelling on that one lol

Thanks
    Thanked 7,706 Times in 2,415 Posts

Dude where have you been King. Maybe a little less popcorn making and a little more modmyi viewing you would know about this. Get it in the game.

You know I'm just playing right? Your a good dude and u make me laugh. I'm just getting tired of how sensitive some people are and I'm just trying to have a little fun joking around on this thread. Thanks to the man Simon for providing this awesome thread.

Thanks

Aah. Ok, 4.2.1 makes a lot more sense. 4.3 didn't offer much but it started a movement in app developers to start requiring at least 4.3 firmware for their apps to be installed, which can still be seen now:
    Well, okay. But still pretty insignificant upgrade for most of us at that time. Though a very cool JB injection system, from http, at that time for 4.3.3. Comex did that one - right?

I have provided links before in our discussions I believe. And sometimes in discussions you were having with someone else like the link yesterday to what Saurik said about cydia's repos. Today is just the first time I provided pictures.

I apologize if I missed you submitting some evidence against suby in that video cropping debate. It was a rather long one lol. I just remember his really long post of pictures, guess I got lost in those
    All is well, Simon. You're a good man. I DO post 'less' proof than others. People are less interested in endless proof posts on a tech forum like this since so much can be PhotoShopped and you can never be sure that the proof is really proof. People learn to trust confident personalities with consistent track records of helping and BEING RIGHT. When i give advice here it's well backed and people benefit from it. You have WAY more time here AND more experience than I do - but I'm NOT a noob with this stuff and research a long time before I give advice. AND I 'try' things myself and watch others try the same thing - all before I post. So I think we understand each other. The people who argue with me - if we REALLY want to get honest - are people mostly who are used to their 'clubhouse' only being a certain size. I think some of you really don't want another 'soon-to-be expert' around these parts. I could be wrong there - and don't take that wrongly - but I've seen it at forum after forum. ModMyI has indeed been the BEST place - EVER. So I hope people don't push back on me because I really do have something to offer. I don't mind being corrected when I'm actually WRONG. But the 'confidence' with which I offer it - is just who I am. Take it or leave it.

Thanks

Well, okay. But still pretty insignificant upgrade for most of us at that time. Though a very cool JB injection system, from http, at that time for 4.3.3. Comex did that one - right?
    Yup, that was one cool azz jailbreak. I remember cydia installed like an app from the app store. Why would you want to stay on 4.2.1 and not experience that lol

Thanks

But the 'confidence' with which I offer it - is just who I am. Take it or leave it.
    I can respect that. I have the same personality of take it or leave it. So I'm picking up what you are slamming down there buddy.

Thanks

Look how long I've been here and look at the thanks I've received.
    Couldn't leave this one alone lol. You will find on MMi that the theming community here are VERY VERY giving with thanks. Which is not a bad things at all, it's a really good thing IMO. Just trying to say that if you hang out in the theme threads most of the time you are going to get a lot of thanks no matter what you do. Just being polite can get you a thanks there lol. I am not a themer and don't spend a considerable amount of time in the theme section except to moderate and occasionally joke around with some of the guys/gals over there. Most of my posts come from helping people in the jailbreak section, chit chat, and killing spambots (a infraction thread is created every time we kill a bot which adds to post count, I have like 7000 posts just from doing that). The thing about helping people is you are mostly helping noobs, which is great to help them open up a whole new world for their devices, but they rarely are able to find that little thanks button lol
    And those damn spam bots are never thankful they have been killed. Can you imagine that? Jeesh lol.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-31-2013), Krima (01-31-2013)

Thanks

Ratios are what matter in the "thank game" and mine are rockin with a respectable 519 thanks for just 156 posts. How are yours Simon, have me beat I'm guessing.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Simon (01-31-2013)

Thanks

There ya go Simon, have a thanks bro!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Simon (01-31-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Ratios are what matter in the "thank game" and mine are rockin with a respectable 519 thanks for just 156 posts. How are yours Simon, have me beat I'm guessing.
    My ratio sucks compared to the themers lol
    Guess ill just claim the post whore crown

There ya go Simon, have a thanks bro!
    Right back atcha

Thanks

My ratio sucks compared to the themers lol
    Guess ill just claim the post whore crown
    Lol!!!!!' Awesome. You are indeed a post whore, Simon!!!! LMAO!! And one of the most patient guys I've ever met.

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    I can respect that. I have the same personality of take it or leave it. So I'm picking up what you are slamming down there buddy.
    Fair enuff, Krima. I'm feelin that too.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

I too live in the same world as you do. And I AM a Grammy award-winning producer/engineer.
    That's awesome man, for real? What was the grammy for? Can I see a picture of it?

Thanks

That's awesome man, for real? What was the grammy for? Can I see a picture of it?
    My Grammy was as a lead engineer for a top CD in 1997. Only artists and lead producers on albums get the statue 'for free'. I'd need to pony up $1500 for mine. One day I will buy it. But I've chosen not to up to this point. My name is listed in the Grammy winners roll for the CD so it still carries the clout it needs to in getting me clients.

Thanks

My Grammy was as a lead engineer for a top CD in 1997. Only artists and lead producers on albums get the statue 'for free'. I'd need to pony up $1500 for mine. One day I will buy it. But I've chosen not to up to this point. My name is listed in the Grammy winners roll for the CD so it still carries the clout it needs to in getting me clients.
    Nice, what CD was it? Anyone I would know? I was only 17 at the time so my tastes were pretty "limited" shall we say.

Thanks

Nice, what CD was it? Anyone I would know? I was only 17 at the time so my tastes were pretty "limited" shall we say.
    I was one of the first 'white guys' to be accepted as a player and producer in the Black Gospel music industry. It's been a privilege. When my musician friends at 17 were listening to the rock giants like Boston and Kansas and Peter Frampton and all the rest - I was more interested in music with Groove - like Disco and Funk. When I was 23 I had a group in my studio whose bass player was having trouble playing the keyboard part since they didn't have a keyboardist at the time. After three hours of listening to him try it - I told him - I think "I" can do it. Well, the rest, as they say, is HISTORY. I was hired and then toured with the top Black Gospel group in the country through the late 80's. I got well known engineering and producing the Black Gospel style and got the opportunity to work on Shirley Caesar's Christmas CD in 1997. It won the Grammy that year in that category. Sadly - the Grammy society is mostly a 'white boys' club in terms of its voting members. It's gotten better over the years. So when people are filling out the form for nominations and winner votes - they have to put a check in every field. Back then Shirley Caesar was one of the only known Black gospel names to average Grammy society member. Not to say her CD didn't deserve to win. It did. But we've worked very hard to educate more of the Grammy society members as to what Black Gospel music really is. Though I do MANY musical styles in my work - I have always enjoyed the intricate rhythms and 'feel' of African American music. I'm honored to be considered a "brutha from a diff'rent mutha" in that awesome culture of musicians and singers.