+ Reply
Page 29 of 79 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 39 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 580 of 1564

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: The Great Debate

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
...
  1. #561
    The Big D NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,502
    Thanks
    3,090
    Thanked 7,573 Times in 3,861 Posts

    I do NOT start arguments, King. But I do respond when people push back on me for no good reason simply because I was trying to offer help. And I pushback on people that occasionally get so pushy with an affront to me when I'm simply there to offer help - like you have whenever I dare to enter a thread where you're helping someone. I also never tell people "they're out of their league" as you have often done to me. And you have talked about your experience more than once, my friend. The problem here, for me, there's a double standard at this place many times.

    Stephen would want to know, Brian, that the tweak in constant mode was not updating with the regularity of the GPS antenna itself reporting a new position. Using MyLocation, a tested and proven bugless tweak, gives us a comparison base for discovering when an actual new GPS location is being reported to the phone at any entry point. MyLocation updates… WW doesn't update… The problem is obviously in WW. Stephen would want to know that, don't you think?
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 08-23-2013 at 08:17 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  2. #562
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,130
    Thanks
    37,540
    Thanked 15,125 Times in 5,498 Posts

    If you can find more than 2 posts of mine where I have talked about my experience and where I said that you are out of your league, I will send you $1000. I have made comments to these 2 topics only once or twice. You have brought them up numerous times saying that I always say these things. It is you that perpetuate these comments, not me brother.

    Stephen is aware of the problems and the way for him to solve them is with written proof of what is happening. He gets this proof through the log file and the crash report. Trust me, you telling him there is a problem, is not helping one bit, he knows.

    Your reference to how you were gauging WW to MyLocation was based on how your widgets were updating. You never said that the tweak was updating position at a different intervals. How would you know? You are basing all this off of the actual update of the widget and not the update tweak! You cant tell when the tweak updates unless you look at the log files. This is exactly what I need, but you refuse to acknowledge this and you refuse to send them to me.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (08-23-2013), Krima (08-23-2013)

  4. #563
    The Big D NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,502
    Thanks
    3,090
    Thanked 7,573 Times in 3,861 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    If you can find more than 2 posts of mine where I have talked about my experience and where I said that you are out of your league, I will send you $1000. I have made comments to these 2 topics only once or twice. You have brought them up numerous times saying that I always say these things. It is you that perpetuate these comments, not me brother.

    Stephen is aware of the problems and the way for him to solve them is with written proof of what is happening. He gets this proof through the log file and the crash report. Trust me, you telling him there is a problem, is not helping one bit, he knows.

    Your reference to how you were gauging WW to MyLocation was based on how your widgets were updating. You never said that the tweak was updating position at a different intervals. How would you know? You are basing all this off of the actual update of the widget and not the update tweak! You cant tell when the tweak updates unless you look at the log files. This is exactly what I need, but you refuse to acknowledge this and you refuse to send them to me.
    I didn't refuse to send them, bro. I sent them the day after you asked for them. Did you not receive them? Again, I know what a developer needs. The comparisons I was making between myLocation and WW were from observing the WW log files and the MyLocation.txt file. The widgets just happen to be in perfect sync with those update times In the logs only late by the update interval in the widgets themselves. I thought it would be easier to present to the thread, and less confusing, to talk in terms of widgets Updating. I am open to that approach having been an error. Which is why I edited my main pushback post to Durben And said "your call".. But the comparison data I'm collecting, log file to log file, is accurate and should be helpful to the dev. If you didn't get I will send again.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  5. #564
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,130
    Thanks
    37,540
    Thanked 15,125 Times in 5,498 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I didn't refuse to send them, bro. I sent them the day after you asked for them. Did you not receive them? Again, I know what a developer needs. The comparisons I was making between myLocation and WW were from observing the WW log files and the MyLocation.txt file. The widgets just happen to be in perfect sync with those update times In the logs only late by the update interval in the widgets themselves. I thought it would be easier to present to the thread, and less confusing, to talk in terms of widgets Updating. I am open to that approach having been an error. Which is why I edited my main pushback post to Durben And said "your call".. But the comparison data I'm collecting, log file to log file, is accurate and should be helpful to the dev. If you didn't get I will send again.
    No, I have not received anything from you. I got one yesterday from another user. Please send here:

    [email protected]

    Also, your comparisons don't matter to the dev, as he doesn't use the MyLocation app. This renders your comparison as of no use to him. It does not provide a base to him, as he is not using it as a base. Besides, the log from MyLocation only shows that it is working.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 08-23-2013 at 09:35 AM.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (08-23-2013)

  7. #565
    The Big D NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,502
    Thanks
    3,090
    Thanked 7,573 Times in 3,861 Posts

    Okay. Will do.. as soon as I get to office..

    Also, your comparisons don't matter to the dev, as he doesn't use the MyLocation app. This renders your comparison as of no use to him.
    Careful you don't misunderstand the intent. I know he could care less about myLocation. But when another app gets an update from the antenna the position has changed - and his tweak does NOT.. Is that not germane? Also - does the log file show a location change that doesn't register with the tweak at all? How can it log something it doesn't even receive? This is where the comparison seemed germane. When my ACTUAL location changes.. MyLocation GETS the info from antenna.. and WW does not - NOT EVEN in the log life.. How would seeing 'nothing in the log file' help Stephen without another software (accessing the antenna)'s log file as a basis for comparison?
    Besides, the log from MyLocation only shows that it is working.
    It also shows when the antenna reported a new location. A time comparison between that log and WW's log wouldn't be useful info? I can't see how that's not germane.. But if you don't wish it, you don't wish it. I've never met a dev team that didn't want as many comparative bases as possible from software's that address the same hardware. In this case the GPS antenna in the iPhone. In all the test runs I've done - that's never been asked of me... .. But okay... I hope you can find the source of it. Your team was talking about auto update problems holding up release a few months ago too.

    I'm only anxious because when it's ON -- it's SOOOOOO awesome.. I don't have to tell you....

    Thanks for you patience with the additional questions.. If I can sharpen my understanding of Stephen's needs I can target my testing in that direction.

    If you will. WHAT other 'base' is Stephen using that compares the antenna's report rate/timing?

    Thx
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 08-23-2013 at 10:04 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (08-23-2013)

  9. #566
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,130
    Thanks
    37,540
    Thanked 15,125 Times in 5,498 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Okay. Will do.. as soon as I get to office..

    Careful you don't misunderstand the intent. I know he could care less about myLocation. But when another app gets an update from the antenna the position has changed - and his tweak does NOT.. Is that not germane? Also - does the log file show a location change that doesn't register with the tweak at all? How can it log something it doesn't even receive? This is where the comparison seemed germane. When my ACTUAL location changes.. MyLocation GETS the info from antenna.. and WW does not - NOT EVEN in the log life.. How would seeing 'nothing in the log file' help Stephen without another software (accessing the antenna)'s log file as a basis for comparison? It also shows when the antenna reported a new location. A time comparison between that log and WW's log wouldn't be useful info? I can't see how that's not germane.. But if you don't wish it, you don't wish it. I've never met a dev team that didn't want as many comparative bases as possible from software's that address the same hardware. In this case the GPS antenna in the iPhone. In all the test runs I've done - that's never been asked of me... .. But okay... I hope you can find the source of it. Your team was talking about auto update problems holding up release a few months ago too.

    I'm only anxious because when it's ON -- it's SOOOOOO awesome.. I don't have to tell you....

    Thanks for you patience with the additional questions.. If I can sharpen my understanding of Stephen's needs I can target my testing in that direction.

    If you will. WHAT other 'base' is Stephen using that compares the antenna's report rate/timing?

    Thx
    Let's be real here. The MyLocation log file shows when it updated and what the old coords were and what the new coords are. All this gives is the fact that the GPS chip and antennae are working properly. How is this useful? I think we all agree that our hardware is working properly. Stephen, nor you, have no idea what the actual criteria is that forces an update in the MyLocation app, unless he was to tear into that code, that info is for the most part, not helpful.

    There is way more going on with this tweak than just outputting your coords. Just because you think it is helpful, doesn't make it so. You don't have the working knowledge of the internals of the code for either tweak, none of us do, so how can you say what is helpful and what isn't. All we can do is to monitor what is going on, or not going on, with the WW tweak. If this were solely a GPS issue, then why doesn't the tweak update from the set weather interval? There is something that is causing it to "stick" and then certain conditions force it to start working again. From everything that I have seen, I don't believe that it has anything to do with GPS or Loc Srvc.

    And please stop trying to convince me that you know best. I will listen to anything that you have to say. I ALWAYS give credit where it is due. Just kick it back a notch dude!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    Krima (08-23-2013), The_Durben (08-23-2013)

  11. #567
    full moon Krima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    2,756
    Thanks
    3,287
    Thanked 6,736 Times in 2,140 Posts

    Gotta love the Great Debate thread.

    Grant, are u satisfied that someone other than me came in and confirmed what I already knew about why u weren't invited?

    King is right about team building and how to assemble one. This is what my area of study was and I agree completely with King.

    I'm sorry U feel like I don't have any business being in a beta team with my apparent lack of knowledge. Must say a lot about my personality if that is the only reason I was invited and it must say a lot about yours considering u weren't. Just a thought.

    Oh, did u read the article about Steve Jobs?

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (08-23-2013)

  13. #568
    The Big D NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,502
    Thanks
    3,090
    Thanked 7,573 Times in 3,861 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Let's be real here. The MyLocation log file shows when it updated and what the old coords were and what the new coords are. All this gives is the fact that the GPS chip and antennae are working properly. How is this useful? I think we all agree that our hardware is working properly. Stephen, nor you, have no idea what the actual criteria is that forces an update in the MyLocation app, unless he was to tear into that code, that info is for the most part, not helpful.

    There is way more going on with this tweak than just outputting your coords. Just because you think it is helpful, doesn't make it so. You don't have the working knowledge of the internals of the code for either tweak, none of us do, so how can you say what is helpful and what isn't. All we can do is to monitor what is going on, or not going on, with the WW tweak. If this were solely a GPS issue, then why doesn't the tweak update from the set weather interval? There is something that is causing it to "stick" and then certain conditions force it to start working again. From everything that I have seen, I don't believe that it has anything to do with GPS or Loc Srvc.

    And please stop trying to convince me that you know best. I will listen to anything that you have to say. I ALWAYS give credit where it is due. Just kick it back a notch dude!
    Heard.

    And it's not about convincing you that I know best, Brian.. It's convincing you that my input and testing paradigms/results are worth 'listening to'. That's all I fight for. It's tiring and gets old to have to prove yourself over and over and over again. I don't have to do that with Apple's dev team. They just send me stuff. It just gets a little insulting that I have to resort to near 'begging' to offer input on an iPhone jailbreak tweak beta..

    I'm actually kicking myself that I turned down the test cycle on OSX Maverick. It looks so great.. But I was just too swamped with work - when the invite came.....

    Talk soon,
    Grant
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 08-23-2013 at 10:51 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  14. #569
    The Mechanic The_Durben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Posts
    8,424
    Thanks
    34,942
    Thanked 40,559 Times in 7,513 Posts

    Ugggh why did I even read this....

    Anyway, Grant, love to put words in people's mouths.

    Find a post where I said I do graphic design for a living....
    I do it for fun. Officially I'm certified in Interview and Interrogation Techniques
    Basically a human bulls h i t detector.

    As for the updating of Widget Weather, yes I said I don't care if have to open weather or pull down NC however your "input" for having it auto update meant nothing.
    My original email to Stephen was basically "we need to decrypt the weather info so we can read it and we need to force the weather to update in the background.


    When I say "sounds condescending" you should take that as is.
    You speak as if I know nothing about this tweak or the MyLocation app.
    You're using MyLocation because I made it work without having to install cracked resources....
    I know exactly how it works and I know exactly how Widget Weather works.

    Bottom line is, we don't need comparisons to MyLocation as Widget Weather utilizes completely different ways to get a location. I tell you it's not helpful for us but you want to insist it is.
    When I say we need info in regards to widget weather, that is exactly what we want to get feedback on. Did it update at the specified interval? Did the city change ect.

    How you want to compare them yourself is up to you. But give us what we ask for and not what we say don't give us. I've had 6-7 tweets and emails asking how to use MyLocation with widget weather?!?!? This is directly because of you. When I say it causes confusion you should respect that and not mention it.

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (08-23-2013), Krima (08-23-2013), Simon (08-23-2013)

  16. #570
    full moon Krima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    2,756
    Thanks
    3,287
    Thanked 6,736 Times in 2,140 Posts

    Yeah Durben has joined the party. You know u are glad u read all this. Fun right?

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (08-23-2013)

  18. #571
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,130
    Thanks
    37,540
    Thanked 15,125 Times in 5,498 Posts

    Morning Derrick!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  19. #572
    The Big D NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,502
    Thanks
    3,090
    Thanked 7,573 Times in 3,861 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Ugggh why did I even read this....

    Anyway, Grant, love to put words in people's mouths.

    Find a post where I said I do graphic design for a living....
    I do it for fun. Officially I'm certified in Interview and Interrogation Techniques
    Basically a human bulls h i t detector.

    As for the updating of Widget Weather, yes I said I don't care if have to open weather or pull down NC however your "input" for having it auto update meant nothing.
    My original email to Stephen was basically "we need to decrypt the weather info so we can read it and we need to force the weather to update in the background.


    When I say "sounds condescending" you should take that as is.
    You speak as if I know nothing about this tweak or the MyLocation app.
    You're using MyLocation because I made it work without having to install cracked resources....
    I know exactly how it works and I know exactly how Widget Weather works.

    Bottom line is, we don't need comparisons to MyLocation as Widget Weather utilizes completely different ways to get a location. I tell you it's not helpful for us but you want to insist it is.
    When I say we need info in regards to widget weather, that is exactly what we want to get feedback on. Did it update at the specified interval? Did the city change ect.

    How you want to compare them yourself is up to you. But give us what we ask for and not what we say don't give us. I've had 6-7 tweets and emails asking how to use MyLocation with widget weather?!?!? This is directly because of you. When I say it causes confusion you should respect that and not mention it.
    I'm done with the debate. I hear you. One correction - not that I don't agree with my discussion of MyLocation potentially causing confusion - but two of the posts in WW thread about it working with MyLoc predate my comments. I think there's a natural confusion about that to people who've been using MyLoc for a while that arose, as I said, even before I said anything. But as per your request I won't mention it on the thread - even though several heavy hitters like Ian are also mentioning it apart from anything I've said. But I will cease & desist.. Request heard. I will "personally" use the comparison in my testing to check whether the antenna is getting info to WW. That's for me, though.

    Thanks.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (08-23-2013)

  21. #573
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Wildfowler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Devon, England
    Posts
    233
    Thanks
    339
    Thanked 511 Times in 140 Posts

    I like to think that I kicked this all off again 10 or so pages back when I pointed out to Krima that NewD made a spelling mistake ;-)


    But I also like to think we're all best buds again.

    WF
    Last edited by Wildfowler; 08-29-2013 at 04:05 AM.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wildfowler For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (08-29-2013), Krima (08-28-2013)

  23. #574
    Etch A Alfroggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    4,987
    Thanks
    28,191
    Thanked 8,075 Times in 3,415 Posts

    Troublemaker. You're more wild than flower. More chaos than Buddhist.

    Oh. It's fowler in your username. That's misspelled.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (08-29-2013)

  25. #575
    The Big D NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,502
    Thanks
    3,090
    Thanked 7,573 Times in 3,861 Posts

    You guys kill me... LOL!...

    Oh... I actually DO owe Krima an apology. Though I do NOT at all remember 'correcting him' in my thanking him for HIS apology.. it doesn't matter if I remember - only that it was offensive to him..

    Krima, I REALLY did feel very gratified at that apology and it was not my intent to stain my acceptance of it - with any agenda-driven corrections. It was inadvertent - truly.

    Back to the fun stuff... making our phones look COOOOL!!!!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (08-28-2013), King_O_Hill (08-29-2013)

  27. #576
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Wildfowler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Devon, England
    Posts
    233
    Thanks
    339
    Thanked 511 Times in 140 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    Troublemaker. You're more wild than flower. More chaos than Buddhist.

    Oh. It's fowler in your username. That's misspelled.
    Just to clarify.....

    wild·flow·er
    [wahyld-flou-er]
    noun
    1. the flower of a plant that normally grows in fields, forests, etc., without deliberate cultivation.


    wildfowler (ˈwahyldˌfowl-er)

    — noun
    1. person that hunts wild birds, especially geese, duck or similar aquatic bird*

    *but not frogs :-)

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Wildfowler For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (08-29-2013)

  29. #577
    Etch A Alfroggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    4,987
    Thanks
    28,191
    Thanked 8,075 Times in 3,415 Posts

    See, YOU're sounding condescending now

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (08-29-2013)

  31. #578
    Livin the iPhone Life G-weezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Right next to you.
    Posts
    1,875
    Thanks
    1,821
    Thanked 6,301 Times in 1,474 Posts

    Holy crap. I can't even type half the things you guys write. If I put all the posts in one it can sell as a book.
    "I have no answers, just useless questions."
    "There are no strangers in this world, just friends we haven't made"

  32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to G-weezy For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (08-29-2013), King_O_Hill (08-29-2013), Krima (08-29-2013), Simon (08-29-2013)

  33. #579
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    45,598
    Thanks
    6,252
    Thanked 14,167 Times in 6,639 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by G-weezy View Post
    Holy crap. I can't even type half the things you guys write. If I put all the posts in one it can sell as a book.
    Sorry but I have already bought the rights to publish this thread. Will be coming out this holiday season. Titled "How to act an azz in 10 steps or less". Reserve your copy now.


  34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (08-29-2013), G-weezy (08-29-2013), King_O_Hill (08-29-2013), Krima (08-29-2013)

  35. #580
    full moon Krima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    2,756
    Thanks
    3,287
    Thanked 6,736 Times in 2,140 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Sorry but I have already bought the rights to publish this thread. Will be coming out this holiday season. Titled "How to act an azz in 10 steps or less". Reserve your copy now.

    Don't forget my cut. Without me, there wouldn't be a book.

  36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (08-29-2013), King_O_Hill (08-29-2013), Simon (08-29-2013)

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts