+ Reply
Page 26 of 91 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 36 76 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Great Debate

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Just to be super clear, Krima, you have a different Color Keyboard with each of your 8 different setups? And upon a simple restoring of a BackBoard saved set -
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,720 Times in 4,403 Posts

Just to be super clear, Krima, you have a different Color Keyboard with each of your 8 different setups? And upon a simple restoring of a BackBoard saved set - you can sweep left from your Springboard to the Spotlight page - and the new keyboard is immediately showing? My ONLY tests have been with sweeping left motion to the Spotlight page - which is the easiest way to get a keyboard to show immediately - without launching into an app. So when you sweep left after a restoring from a BB backup set - you see the new CK immediately?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,538 Times in 2,382 Posts

Yes I have a different keyboard setup for every custom backboard theme. When I switch I launch my keyboard immediately and it has always been good.

Thanks

Hmm.. So weird.. It's not a BB thing -- now that I've looked further. The new keyboard layout IS chosen in CK after a BB changed set & respring.. It's just not showing yet until after a refresh themes in CK and another respring..!!!

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,847 Times in 6,157 Posts

Sounds like a cache clearing issue.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Sounds like a cache clearing issue.
    Any thoughts as to what could be "clogging" my CK's cache clear and not Krima's? I've also reinstalled CK twice. No change. Part of me wants to reinstall BB but I'm afraid of losing my backup sets..

Thanks

Just spoke with Andrew about adding an optional limit for auto backups as well as a cache clearing function for the bottom bar images for the phone and the bitesms images. He said he will look into it. Good man right there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Just spoke with Andrew about adding an optional limit for auto backups as well as a cache clearing function for the bottom bar images for the phone and the bitesms images. He said he will look into it. Good man right there.
    Thanks, Krima. I'm going to ask him about adding getting BytaFont choices back. As I said - they were remembered in the Legacy BB.

Thanks

Does Anyone know of a particular tweak that would hamper the functioning of Apple's normal Personal Hotspot function? Since nearly the very beginning of my having iOS 6's jailbreak my personal hotspot simply doesn't work. It turns on but no computer I use can see the Wi-Fi network created by it. I have it enabled for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and USB.

Thanks

Grant doesn't that feature need to be activated by your carrier? Also, their is a launch daemon that governs that function but I don't know If u have modified your daemons.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Grant doesn't that feature need to be activated by your carrier? Also, their is a launch daemon that governs that function but I don't know If u have modified your daemons.
    Personal Hotspot is now included in all AT&T plans that use SHARED data. So I know mine is on. And Active. I have not 'knowingly' changed any of my launch daemons, Krima. But would a simply flip it off, flip it on - hurt anything?

------------
    Krima,
    Backboard also doesn't seem to remember Boover settings. Do you use that tweak for moving the position of Badges?

So that's BytaFont, Boover and CK settings that aren't remembered in BB on my phone. Krima - I have an interesting theory. My phone is down to between 50MB and 225MB at any given time these days - depending on if I've done a 'clean up' in iCleanerPro. I only ever buy a 16GB 'cause' it's all I can afford.. but I tend to keep ALL iterations and betas of Theme stuff on my phone so by the summers after a jailbreak in Feb or March - my phone is pretty full up. Do you think BB is unable to do a 'full' save of things to my hard drive in my phone and that's why it's not remembering certain things? You'd think I'd get a warning from the app itself if HD space were running low. I have other apps that do give a warning. But BB is in beta. Andrew was telling me in his first email response that BB actual is saving 10 levels of auto backup. I wonder where that data is being stored and if when I do a restore of a BB set is it remembering one step too old - or are simply some files not being remembered. I think you can help me narrow this down if you were to do a test with Boover for me. Very small tweak.. Just install it - save a setting with it, change sets.. and then reload and see if BB remembers it for you. BytaFont we already know isn't save for you OR me - even though it WAS saved in Legacy version. So Andrew just needs to readd that in. But your CK settings ARE saved and mine not. IF your Boover settings are saved and mine are NOT - then I'll be more and more pursuaded it's my phone.

Thanks...
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 08-01-2013 at 02:53 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi Krima, is it possible to change the rss widget to show of a different rss feed ?

Thanks

Krima is taking a vacation, what feed are you looking to use?
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (08-09-2013)

Thanks

Krima is taking a vacation, what feed are you looking to use?
    Thanks for helping out, King. Didn't know Krima was away..

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

okay than better here

Krima is taking a well deserved vacation after a long school year.

What feed are you wanting to use?
    Okay i hope he have a fun time during his vacation

I wanna have that feed :
    Bild.de Regional Koeln
    Code:
    http://rss.bild.de/bild-koeln.xml
    Thanks for helping out

Thanks

See post in UniAW

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wildfowler's Avatar
    Thanks

Hello,

I'm posting here because I know this is where all the Modmyi experts hang out. NewdestinyD is here too. I'm just teasing you, NewD, I know you like nothing better than a problem to fix and you'll get the answer somehow.

Anyway, I'm stuck and I need your help.

I have applied an option 12 Ilex Rat restore. All is good except my Contacts are not syncing with iCloud anymore. I've sort of worked out the problem is that by doing the restore iLex deleted the AddressBook.sqlitedb file which should be located here /var/mobile/library/addressbook/addressbook.sqlitedb

I've tried renaming another .sqlitedb file and replacing it in the correct folder but nothing is that simple, eh?

Apparently, there's a backup somewhere in iTunes - can't find that.

I've tried adding new contacts via iPhone messages but they do not get added. It's not possible to add contacts directly via the Contacts app. iCloud is working okay syncing notes and calendar items, so I know it's not iCloud. It's the lack of a database file in the /var/mobile/library/addressbook folder.

So, I need some pointers towards a fix, and I don't know anyone better than the regulars in this thread who can help.

Any ideas?

Failing a fix, I think I'll be forced into a non-JB restore.

Thank you in advance.

WF

Thanks

There are program called ibackupbot that can extract stuff from an iTunes back up. Maybe you can pull it from a backup.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-23-2013)

Thanks

I agree with King's fix idea. It's what I've used in similar situations. Sorry you're having trouble, Wildflower.. But DON'T lose your jailbreak!! Too many cool things coming out!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wildfowler's Avatar
    Thanks

Phew!

Credit goes to iautran for his post on MMI which got me part of the way there. I followed the solution below to the point where I had an addressbook.sqlitedb file in the correct folders on the iPhone. However, iTunes/iCloud would still not sync due to a mismatch in the data. To get around this, I restored an old backup via iTunes and it worked presumably by overwriting the file, not creating a new one. I've lost a day or two of data but I've kept my JB and have access to my Contacts app again. A fresh sync will get it up to date.

[SIZE=4][SIZE=2][SIZE=4][S O L U T I O N]

(1) FIRST GET A COPY OF YOUR CONTACTS from either an old backup (read posts above to find out where in iTunes backup are the contacts stored and how to retrieve them. Long story short, your best bet is to locate the following filename inside iTunes backup folder: 31bb7ba8914766d4ba40d6dfb6113c8b614be442, copy it somewhere else and rename it to AddressBook.sqlitedb. That will do. Alternatively you could have a copy of the contacts file that you got from accessing your iPhone’s file system by using some file browser like iPhonebrowser or i-FunBox. The contacts file is stored in /var/mobile/Library/AddressBook/ and the file name is AddressBook.sqlitedb. There is also another copy in /var/root/Library/AddressBook/ but I’m not too sure what that one is being used for. Initially I thought one was used by the Phone App and the other by the Contacts App but that is not the case. Also note that many people incorrectly talks about a different path being /private/var/… It is actually the same file accessed (mounted) through a different route. This is a Unix thing if you are not familiar with Unix filesystem…

(2) Then get a copy of the empty contacts from your current filesystem. WHY WE NEED THAT? Well, as I explained earlier, we would need to match the version (_ClientVersion) under ‘_SqliteDatabaseProperties’ in the old backup of AddressBook.sqlitedb to match the current versdion in your iOS. YOU CAN SKIP THIS STEP IF YOUR ARE RESTORING CONTACTS FROM SAME FIRMWARE/iOS VERSIONS. Otherwise, open SQLite Database Browser (Freeware app, Google it…) and go on ‘Browse Data’ tab and write down the numeric value of the field named ‘_ClientVersion’ under ‘_SqliteDatabaseProperties’.

(3) now open the backup copy of your AddressBook.sqlitedb with your contacts and edit that field to match the same version number in the current iOS. Save the file! (update it).

(4) FINALLY copy over the updated copy of your AddressBook.sqlitedb to both /var/mobile/Library/AddressBook/ and /var/root/Library/AddressBook/ and you should see the contacts in your Phone App and Contacts App right away, no need to reboot or anything!

Still JB'd and running 69 from JunesIPhone. Skull icon...not sure who made that :-)

ImageUploadedByModMyi1376818559.590928.jpg
    Last edited by Wildfowler; 08-18-2013 at 03:36 AM.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wildfowler For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-23-2013), King_O_Hill (08-18-2013), NewdestinyX (08-18-2013)

Thanks

Glad you like the icon!

Also glad you got your contacts sorted!