+ Reply
Page 24 of 91 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 34 74 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Great Debate

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Where can I take a peak?
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,427 Times in 4,281 Posts

Where can I take a peak?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,175 Times in 2,275 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Where can I take a peak?
    Here. NextGenUI [A HD Theme]

He's converting it into a dylib theme for more function and better performance. Looks promising for those that want something different and futuristic looking.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wildfowler's Avatar
    Thanks

What's with all this out-of-character, matey-boy, best-buds jibber-jabber?

I suppose I'll have to kick it off again.

Krima, ND spelt 'Peak' wrong...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wildfowler View Post
    What's with all this out-of-character, matey-boy, best-buds jibber-jabber?

I suppose I'll have to kick it off again.

Krima, ND spelt 'Peak' wrong...
    Ha. Well I'm sure Grant will say that it's correct because what he meant was that he wanted to take a "peak" as in on top of mountain so he can get a better view.

There's no way he didn't use that word correctly.

How's that Wildfowler?

Thanks

O pish tosh.. Autocorrect makes some terrible errors. I'm only ever on the MMI app. Little typo. I know the diff between peek and peak..

In the last few posts Gunny spells "mastUrbate" with an "e" for the "u".. And Krima spelled Zephyr as Zypher.. The original mini debate was about the use of a word... not its spelling..

Thanks

I didn't misspell Zypher, it's the newest beta version and that's how it is spelled.

Thanks

Krima,
    You can also let Andrew know (I'm not a Twitter person) - that the new BackBoard isn't remembering Springtomize toggle settings. I just toggled my Location indicator in the status bar to off. And BackBoard did not record that change. The old BackBoard always did.

Thanks

That's interesting Grant. I toggled Springtomized no dock and it saved my settings. I have one setup with it on(no dock) and one with a dock. It saves it correctly for me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    That's interesting Grant. I toggled Springtomized no dock and it saved my settings. I have one setup with it on(no dock) and one with a dock. It saves it correctly for me.
    Try toggling status bar "Hide Location" on or off. It doesn't change for me when moving between BB saved setups. Unless I'm still not understanding the flow of these BB setups and how to properly update them.

Thanks

When u toggled Springtomize did u respring?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    When u toggled Springtomize did u respring?
    Yep. That's the only way for it to take effect.

Here's what "I", the user, may be doing wrong. Despite what you've said to the contrary - when I make any desktop change - and open BB - there's a change in the picture of whichever BB setup has been saved in the past. That leads me I need to do NOTHING to update. And yet you've said for an update to TAKE - I need to clik on the picture one more time.. Is that really the SAVING step? Or, because BB now runs as a dylib isn't BB a dynamically saving tool -that is auto saving every change to the preferences folder in the BB setup folder? When I change a Springtomize settings - it requires a respring. When I do.. to assure it gets saved to the current BB setup - do I HAVE to launch BB and clik on my setup?

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,290 Times in 5,960 Posts

I would think so if I'm understanding it correctly. Even though it is dynamic, it is not constantly monitoring every plist file that the system is using. It would only recognize a change when initialized. That is supposed to be the beauty of the dylib format. It would use a considerable amount of resources if it did not work this way. I'm not an expert on exactly how a dylib fully works in this situation, but I guess I'm gonna learn.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 07-19-2013 at 11:05 AM.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks

Ok Grant this is what I did. In my current setup I changed the toggle to hide status bar, repsrang using springtomize and then I launched Backboard which saves my new setup. I then chose a different setup that didn't have the hide toggle on. When it changed I looked and it was off like it should be. I then launched Backboard and changed to my previous setup where I turned on that toggle. When it changed I verified that it was still on like it should be. It shouldn't matter Grant what toggle it is because the plist file which governs the app settings is saved and imported. Just like my "no dock" setups.

I don't think the app is monitoring it constantly but only makes the changes when u launch it. I think something else must be going on Grant.
    Last edited by Krima; 07-19-2013 at 11:06 AM.

Thanks

Yes, after doing a little reading, I fully concur with your assessment Krima.
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

15. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Krima (07-19-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Yes, after doing a little reading, I fully concur with your assessment Krima.
    It would use way too many resources and Ram to have it constantly monitoring your setup and changing dynamically like that. At least that's how I understand it but either way this tweak is amazing. As a dylib he can do so much more with it now like clearing caches for themes that change the bottom portion of your phone dialer.

I have a couple ideas for backboard that I think are needed that I will email Wynd about. Hopefully he is open to hearing them.

Thanks

Yes, this does open up a lot of integration that could become the standard of theme switching.

I would think he is open to all feed back, good, bad or new.

Thanks

Thanks guys.. I'm sure it was my user error. What throws me is that when I move into BB - no matter how many changes I've done to home screen appearance - they're showing already in the Avatar of the last save I made - BEFORE I tap on that saved set to update. That's why I thought it was dynamically saving. But my conclusion was wrong! Thanks!

I have waited for this tweak to be updated for so long. It is so central to the way that I work with my phone daily. I couldn't be more thrilled with this update from Wynd. It already looks so iOS 7-ey.. And it remembers every setting! As soon as we get iCleaner toggles in we'll be golden!!

Thanks
    Thanked 15,552 Times in 4,071 Posts

Edit
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

Thanks

Well here's another update....

Though i will agree that it would be too resource hungry for BackBoard's new dylib to be monitoring all Springboard and tweak setting changes in real time - it does SAVE whatever is current THE VERY MOMENT you enter the app -WITHOUT your having to tap on a backup for the updating. I had chosen a new setup and the phone resprang as normal after a BB setup change.. Then I moved two things -- in prep for another BB setup I was going to save. Upon entering the BB app screen - it had ALREADY CHANGED the last saved setup up to include the two small tweaks I was going to use for a NEW setup save.. That's a little TOO destructive an edit feature for me. I would really prefer Wynd let us hit a SAVE button - to save over a backup set -- rather than simply auto updating upon JUST ENTERING the tweak. I'll eventually learn this functionality - but I don't like the fact that I have no way to go back to my last setup if I've made changes. If I want to make ANY changes that I just want to experiment with - the moment I open BackBoard - it will SAVE OVER my last setup without asking me. That can't remain that way.. Maybe you guys could ask Andrew to give us a save option - rather than making it automatic simply upon OPENING the app. Verified this three times now. Not user error this time..

Thanks

So what you do is before making changes you open BB and save your current layout with a new name. Then you can make your changes and reopen BB to update your new layout. You now have 2 saves of the layout with whatever minor changes that you made. The only thing that I see that is missing is a delete option.