+ Reply
Page 23 of 91 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 33 73 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Great Debate

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Originally Posted by Krima What do u mean by "general substrates"? The thing about the previous one was that it remembered your preferences regarding substrates when the user used springtomize
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,717 Times in 4,401 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    What do u mean by "general substrates"?

The thing about the previous one was that it remembered your preferences regarding substrates when the user used springtomize or sbsettings. Im not sure if Wynd knew that springtomize removed this feature and I informed him about sbsettings having a memory leak so people have veered away from that tweak.

I mentioned icleaner pro and how some people use that app to manage their substrates now. He said he will look into Icleaner pro so I gave him the repo to try it out. He seems ready to work and I think we should send him a little donation for his work if he allows.
    Yes, yes.. we agree.. But my understanding - looking at the Wynd Preferences file from the old Backboard is that when a mobile substrate got turned off, by SBS or Springtomize - it being off generated a preference file of its own - regardless of which tweak turned it off. I would agree with your assessment that it wouldn't know the daemon switches in iCleaner - per se. The reason for my 'theory' is that when Matchstic and Drifter created the battery stats and ram stats widget and its accompanying dylib running as a m-subtrate - the Old Legacy Backboard REMEBERS whether that 'general substrate' switch is on or off. Matchstic's substrate was invented WAY after BackBoard 3.0 legacy. So Wynd's Backboard - at least the original - is remember the preferences context of many things - NON-TWEAK specific. I think that's its beauty.. Tweaks can come and go - and be rewritten - but devs make their 'toggle' settings be stored is Preference/Springboard which Backboard saves in any config.

Is my theory sound, Krima? I'm shootin' in the wynd here (pun intended).. Let me know where I may be off..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,536 Times in 2,381 Posts

I would ask if the old Backboard remembered what substrates were on or off using icleaner. I never used backboard on iOS 6 so I don't know if it worked in this respect with icleaner.

The settings for springtomize is what backboard used. So if u toggled a switch, let's say for a substrate, that preference was saved in the same springtomize file and that is what backboard would load. I don't believe it generate its own preference file.
    Last edited by Krima; 07-18-2013 at 01:31 PM.

Thanks

I would ask if the old Backboard remembered what substrates were on or off using icleaner. I never used backboard on iOS 6 so I don't know if it worked in this respect with icleaner.

The settings for springtomize is what backboard used. So if u toggled a switch, let's say for a substrate, that preference was saved in the same springtomize file and that is what backboard would load. I don't believe it generate its own preference file.
    The reason I'm pretty sure that's not right.. is that I never used (or even knew) that Springtomize could toggle substrates. I only and ever used - SBSettings for that. And BackBoard Legacy remembered the switching.. When you look at the Wynd Folder in var/mobile/Library - in the MSSetUp folder you see a number of things.. but the main large folder that's saved is var/mobile/Springboard -- within which are almost all preferences for all tweaks. There isn't a lot of folders in there with Tweak app names. My guess is that substrate toggling devs place their prefs file for those toggles in var/mobile/Library/Springboard. My guess is that iCleaner does too.

SO -- easy to test.. unless you've tried already.. I'll try it with the new BackBoard..

Thanks

Yes test that out and let me know. Sbsettings got saved in the same folder as springtomize so that's why either one worked. I don't know If I get what u r trying say though.

Icleaner does not store it's preferences in that folder and that's why it isn't saved with the new Backboard.
    Last edited by Krima; 07-18-2013 at 01:50 PM.

Thanks

Yes test that out and let me know. Sbsettings got saved in the same folder as springtomize so that's why either one worked. I don't know If I get what u r trying say though.
    Ok.. Just tested by switching off 20secondlockscreen with iCleanerPro.. The most recent BB setup save I made still had it switched on. When I went to reload my current BB save - BB did NOT respring.. meaning that it didn't see any changes between current HomeScreen (with 20sec turned off) and what is saved in my BB Set (20sec turned on).. So you're right.. BB currently cannot see the toggles for iCleanerPro.

Thanks, Krima. Obviously the dev for iCleaner didn't wish to place the toggles prefs as a generic prefs file in var/mobile/Library/Springboard - which is what most devs use.

EDITED: And the reason I know all devs DON'T use a specific tweak app folder preference for toggles is, as I said, Matchstic's new mob substrate he created - gets saved in the old BackBoard and on and off toggles of it as a substrate can be changed with a BB Legacy set..
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 07-18-2013 at 01:55 PM.

Thanks

Wynd is aware of icleaner and he said he will look into it.

Thanks

Wynd is aware of icleaner and he said he will look into it.
    Great! Those devs we have the ear of - we should encourage them to keep their main prefs file for settings in var/mobile/Library/Springboard -- then any version of BB will always save it..

I think I've just verified that LockHTML2 LS choices aren't saved by the new BB either.. We should let Wynd know.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 07-18-2013 at 02:08 PM.

Thanks

All my LockHTML preferences are saved for me. I verified this by changing multiple settings for the tweak and it changed each time.

Thanks

All my LockHTML preferences are saved for me. I verified this by changing multiple settings for the tweak and it changed each time.
    Hmm.. Wonder what I did wrong.. Prolly on my end.....

Thanks

For the new Backboard, if u make a change that u want saved all you have to do is just launch backboard and go back into your existing homescreen. This saves the new changes. Don't know I'd that's what u did or not.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,582 Times in 4,084 Posts

Getting along? This is more like the masterbate thread now lmao
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

Krima (07-18-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    Getting along? This is more like the masterbate thread now lmao
    Please Gunny, don't temp me.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

GUNNY29 (07-18-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bulldog5278's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,214 Times in 1,060 Posts

Can someone advise please?i have the bigu movies"purchased"since 2012 but now getting no reply from customer support?or able to download,is there somewhere through cydia I can complain?tia

Thanks

For the new Backboard, if u make a change that u want saved all you have to do is just launch backboard and go back into your existing homescreen. This saves the new changes. Don't know I'd that's what u did or not.
    I think I just realized that new functionality.. Tell me if I'm saying the same thing you just said.. Whatever BB setup is the most current one you loaded is auto saving every change you make. To make my new setups I've been making changes from one to another in real time- but when I look in the BB setup window the most recent one I saved is now auto updated to the new changes I'm making.. ?? Does that sound right?

It seems like the new flow is that when you want to work on a new setup - you need to do a save new template BEFORE you make any steps toward a new design..

And there seems to be no delete set up function.

Thanks

Correct Grant. When u want to make a new setup u create it first with backboard then start making the changes. Then open and close Backboard to save the new layout.

To delete u will have to do it manually for now. Maybe he will add that feature later.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,839 Times in 6,153 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog5278 View Post
    Can someone advise please?i have the bigu movies"purchased"since 2012 but now getting no reply from customer support?or able to download,is there somewhere through cydia I can complain?tia
    Wrong thread bro. Plus I have no idea on this.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Bulldog5278 (07-19-2013)

Thanks

Correct Grant. When u want to make a new setup u create it first with backboard then start making the changes. Then open and close Backboard to save the new layout.

To delete u will have to do it manually for now. Maybe he will add that feature later.
    Thanks, Krima. What do you think Wynd is after with the "Default" set that's auto labelled in there?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Thanks, Krima. What do you think Wynd is after with the "Default" set that's auto labelled in there?
    I don't Know what wynd intends to do With it but I plan on using it as my no tweak setup for when I want to use a dreamboard theme.

Thanks

I don't Know what wynd intends to do With it but I plan on using it as my no tweak setup for when I want to use a dreamboard theme.
    GREAT IDEA!! No that almost answers another question for me.. Dreamboard & Winterboard can run at same time - right?

Thanks

Correct. Winterboard for the UI and Dreamboard for added functions. Have you seen NextGen UI Dreamboard theme?