+ Reply
Page 21 of 91 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 31 71 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Great Debate

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Originally Posted by Krima Fair enough Grant on the credit part. I don't think I'm a kid age wise. It's a little condescending to say that just like it is
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,717 Times in 4,401 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Fair enough Grant on the credit part. I don't think I'm a kid age wise. It's a little condescending to say that just like it is a little rude just to say that you are just some old dude trying to be relevant to a younger generation. Facts are facts and valid arguments can and do get made by all ages. We can always learn and grow no matter the source.

I'm happy u saw my "heart" because most of it really was just in jest. I work in the IT industry and having a playful and light attitude can make the difference between you enjoying your job or hating it.
    Point taken, Krima.

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Keep going in the direction your going Grant, you've come a long way. Glad I could help. Looking forward to seeing your pano mod. We're keeping our eye on this.
    Thanks, Brian. I'm looking forward to it too!! Lol!!.. Just a couple more kinks to iron out.. Likely run it by u first.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

hemptation (06-24-2013), King_O_Hill (06-24-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,305 Times in 2,723 Posts

And it's all good.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-24-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hemptation View Post
    And it's all good.
    Appreciate the grace, hemp.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

hemptation (06-24-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wildfowler's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm a simple chap with simple needs. As far as the great debate goes the only huge debate I am contemplating is whether to go for a Benelli Vinci or a Super Vinci.

'Super' is surely better I hear you all cry but wait, the 'standard' Vinci has 8 shots whereas the 'Super' has only 3. Granted the 'Super' loads 3.5" magnums so it has more bang but the Standard Vinci has more bang, bang,bang plus four more bangs.

What a debate, what choice.

Oh, hang on a mo, wrong forum. We don't shoot deer here do we? :-)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Wildfowler For This Useful Post:

hemptation (06-25-2013)

Thanks

lol, yea we do. so check this out. just ordered a Sector 5 CF edition case for my iPhone…..

and I have been looking at all the pioneer app radio will do with an iPhone when it is jailbroken

wish someone could chime in on these as well.

and wild, I might would go for the super, cause it sounds super, but more bang for the dollar makes a normal bang vinci bang bang……….die bambi bang

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-25-2013)

Thanks

Are the Mophie cases for doubling battery life good and "pretty thin".. I'm used to a near naked phone - but with all the animation and PUSH I need - its time to go battery case..

Thanks
    Thanked 15,043 Times in 6,932 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Are the Mophie cases for doubling battery life good and "pretty thin".. I'm used to a near naked phone - but with all the animation and PUSH I need - its time to go battery case..
    Havent tried the i5 one but the 4S one wasn't too bad. Little bulky and not my taste but not bad.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

hemptation (06-28-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Havent tried the i5 one but the 4S one wasn't too bad. Little bulky and not my taste but not bad.
    Yeah.. the way the phone feels in my pocket and ease of getting out is huge for me.. I can't have anything 'rubbery' that gets caught in the cloth of your pocket when trying to take it out.. There's gotta be newer technology for this.. more slim line?? Here's to hopin' !!

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,841 Times in 6,154 Posts

I saw someone raving about it the other day. Enough to where I actually thought it might not be a bad idea.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks

The helium case. Made by mophie is pretty slim and slick. And adds a nice charge They make portable chargers now the size of a USB thumb drive. Few different options to way other than just the battery case. Good question tho. No doubt

And the helium is slick as well. Not like the normal rubbery feel. That gets caught up in pockets. But does keep your phone from sliding across the dash when in the car. Lol

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-26-2013), NewdestinyX (06-27-2013)

Thanks

The helium case. Made by mophie is pretty slim and slick. And adds a nice charge They make portable chargers now the size of a USB thumb drive. Few different options to way other than just the battery case. Good question tho. No doubt

And the helium is slick as well. Not like the normal rubbery feel. That gets caught up in pockets. But does keep your phone from sliding across the dash when in the car. Lol
    Yeah.. The Helium is the one that caught my eye as having the least footprint in terms of extending the length of the iPhone 5 which is already long.. And seemed to add the least to the thickness of the phone too. I like the 'standby mode' idea - so you only switch on the Mophie when the iPhone battery is under 20%.. The MOPHIE then recharges the iPhone - extending the use time of the phone..

But it looked rubbery in the photos at their website. Now that you tell me it's a metallic finish -- I'm pretty sold.. You can get 'em brand new on eBay for $65 US.

Thanks, hemp!
    Grant

I saw someone raving about it the other day. Enough to where I actually thought it might not be a bad idea.
    The Mophie Helium for iP5 - is what they were raving about, Brian?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

hemptation (06-28-2013)

Thanks

it is a good buy if you don't require a massive charge. just enough to get you thru your day, or 2nd day. what ever suits your needs is how I have always looked at it. just like a jailbreak, with the tweaks, and the themes…….all the same. everyone has different needs. I think you will like the feel of the helium if you like a naked phone. the case does add a bit of protection. lol, and adds a bit of juice….almost the perfect combination. and anytime

hope everyone is doing good.

Thanks

it is a good buy if you don't require a massive charge. just enough to get you thru your day, or 2nd day. what ever suits your needs is how I have always looked at it. just like a jailbreak, with the tweaks, and the themes…….all the same. everyone has different needs. I think you will like the feel of the helium if you like a naked phone. the case does add a bit of protection. lol, and adds a bit of juice….almost the perfect combination. and anytime

hope everyone is doing good.
    Sounds great, hemp! Just ordered mine!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

hemptation (06-28-2013)

Thanks

Got my MOPHIE Dark Metallic Battery case today.. At first I thought - DANG - that makes the phone bigger.. Especially longer.. The iP5 is already LONG.. And this adds another half inch.. And it adds a bunch of weight too.. Wasn't prepared for that.. But what's offsetting those initial negative reactions - is how it FEELS in my hand.. Since the ip4, 4s, and 5 have all been FLAT phones.. last rounded one being the 3GS - I'd forgotten how good a rounded back feels in your hand.. That's REAAAALY making the experience VERY good for me despite the extra length and extra weight (which IS VERY noticeable). Of course - I'm sure I'll LOVE the fact that I can put PUSH mail back on and run a brighter screen and put ALL animations back on my widgets and still get through the day. LOL!!! It's all about the eye candy.. LOL!!

Thanks for the reviews on the Mophie, Hemp and King... It made me jump in.. and I think I'm gonna be happy.

Grant

24. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

hemptation (06-29-2013)

Thanks

That's awesome. So many times I read someone's opinion on something and think about perspective. And everyone's needs and wants are different. I am
    Glad you like it. Glad to be helpful, but really glad to see you express your experience with us. Every review from every aspect is relevant when thinking about ones self position and desires.

Ps. And if you get tired of it, you can always full charge and keep with you as a back up external energy pack for your handheld device. Lol
    Last edited by hemptation; 06-29-2013 at 06:34 PM.

Thanks

I didn't see you in the beta chat when he said he was a little put off, but I guess you were just busy. Or maybe u weren't invited.
    Okay so you just wanna keep it going. Some days you guys are just so aggravating. If he (WyndWarrior) didn't get it .. then he's very very sensitive and hasn't watched many television sitcoms.. Sheesh.. Some people.... Oy.. :/. Maybe he'd understand "enigmatic". The guy's a bit of a legend.. I was just trying to be a groupey.. If he moaned to you like a little girl.. Screw 'em. I endure Krima's sarcastic nonsense at every turn and told to suck it up - but then when I have a little fun jab after the guy disappears from supporting his tweaks for almost 2 years - I'm made to feel like I set out to hurt someone's feeling. What a bunch of crap..
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 07-17-2013 at 09:15 PM.

Thanks

Why would you jab at someone you don't know? Where I come from, you get your azz beat for stuff like that.
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

Thanks
    Thanked 6,350 Times in 1,488 Posts

Word ^^^
    "I have no answers, just useless questions."
    "There are no strangers in this world, just friends we haven't made"

29. The Following User Says Thank You to G-weezy For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (07-17-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,536 Times in 2,381 Posts

I never thought u meant it in a malicious way Grant. I honestly thought u just didn't know the meaning. Of course it can be used sarcastically but that's not usually the meaning, just the intent.

Maybe us "youngins" just don't do a good job of communicating with you "oldies".

Hell yeah, Backboard has been updated on his beta. About to check it out. Very excited to have this back.
    Last edited by Krima; 07-17-2013 at 09:49 PM.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-21-2013), King_O_Hill (07-17-2013)

Thanks

Not just an update but a new version 2.0! Glad to have him back!

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-21-2013), Krima (07-17-2013)