Page 20 of 92 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 30 70 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Great Debate

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Don't be like that Grant. You asked to get back to tweaks, specifically Durbens and Kings tweak, so I posted something relating to that. If I was trying to "get back at you" why didn't I just mention this a long time ago.

Not everything is meant to be a dig at you man. I can't seem to win with you.
    Oh shoot.. I'm STILL no good at making sarcasm and joking plain.. That was TOTAL tongue in cheek.. bro!!! Sorry you misinterpreted!! Lol.. Truly - that was sarcastic joking.. Damn.. I have to learn the art better. But I mistook your sarcasm all the time. Fun sarcasm is really hard to transmit without tone of voice and facial expressions as tools. Truly, bro.. JOKING!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-20-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Oh shoot.. I'm STILL no good at making sarcasm and joking plain.. That was TOTAL tongue in cheek.. bro!!! Sorry you misinterpreted!! Lol.. Truly - that was sarcastic joking.. Damn.. I have to learn the art better. But I mistook your sarcasm all the time. Fun sarcasm is really hard to transmit without tone of voice and facial expressions as tools. Truly, bro.. JOKING!
    I knew you were joking. I was just giving you a hard time. I was being sarcastic too. Lol

I don't take forum chatter personally. How can I take something personally when I don't know someone personally.

I think that's the difference between you and I. You can say whatever you want about me and unless I know u personally, nothing will stick. It's just how I am which is why I think sometimes you think I'm attacking you and I'm just speaking frankly because what does it matter.
    Last edited by Krima; 06-20-2013 at 03:55 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-20-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wildfowler's Avatar
    Thanks

I knew you were joking. I was just giving you a hard time. I was being sarcastic too. Lol

I don't take forum chatter personally. How can I take something personally when I don't know someone personally.

I think that's the difference between you and I. You can say whatever you want about me and unless I know u personally, nothing will stick. It's just how I am which is why I think sometimes you think I'm attacking you and I'm just speaking frankly because what does it matter.
    I just wanna check...Neither of you two have got access to a firearm, have you?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Wildfowler For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-20-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,887 Times in 6,041 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wildfowler View Post
    ^ lmao, ^That.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildfowler View Post
    I don't because I'm a tree huggin, pro choice, anti-religious, big government, bleeding heart liberal.

Lmao!! ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

I thought you would like that.

I thought you would like that.
    Well done..
    But I'm thinkin' there aren't as many "dyed in the wool" liberals in Nashville - are there... - mostly gun-totin', truck lovin', country music singin', right wing hicks.. Right?
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 06-22-2013 at 05:59 AM.

the funny thing is, you are obviously intelligent people. but really smart people, know when to be quiet….and let life handle the rest. because in the end, if you are right…no matter the point, the truth will surface and the group will side with you. learning the power of silence is a powerful thing. but would probably make this sited a bit less interesting.

Grant, you talk about the "in" crowd, or "who" you know. you would be in this group if you simply stopped being so argumentative with people. it becomes irritating, and makes people wanna clam up and not talk with you, or even direct responses to you in the threads. this conversation has been carried by many people. on the lighter note, at least people know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by hemptation View Post
    the funny thing is, you are obviously intelligent people. but really smart people, know when to be quiet….and let life handle the rest. because in the end, if you are right…no matter the point, the truth will surface and the group will side with you. learning the power of silence is a powerful thing. but would probably make this sited a bit less interesting.

Grant, you talk about the "in" crowd, or "who" you know. you would be in this group if you simply stopped being so argumentative with people. it becomes irritating, and makes people wanna clam up and not talk with you, or even direct responses to you in the threads. this conversation has been carried by many people. on the lighter note, at least people know who you are.
    Hemp, as usual - you are late to the party and "clueless", bro.. .. If you had just stopped at your first paragraph - you would have shared some real wisdom.

Did you even read the original context of this mini-debate? Just go back to what you do best, Hemp.. making great mods, bro!! Your other commentary is barely insightful and mostly uninformed..

As usual. Your attitude, ignorance and mouth keeps you from doing the things you would really rather do with your time. This is something you will never catch. Cause you can't see past your own nose with your head shoved that far in your own ***. I mean really. I read the entire thing. And my comments came as an outside perspective. And seeing how you argue with so many people, you should do yourself a favor and listen to a few every now and again. You would be surprised how far opening a closed mind would get you in life. Have a great one. I'm sure you will conjure up another Intriguing argument with someone tomorrow instead of beta testing the next great thing. Cause hey, that's what your good at.

"h"emp

As usual. Your attitude, ignorance and mouth keeps you from doing the things you would really rather do with your time. This is something you will never catch. Cause you can't see past your own nose with your head shoved that far in your own ***. I mean really. I read the entire thing. And my comments came as an outside perspective. And seeing how you argue with so many people, you should do yourself a favor and listen to a few every now and again. You would be surprised how far opening a closed mind would get you in life. Have a great one. I'm sure you will conjure up another Intriguing argument with someone tomorrow instead of beta testing the next great thing. Cause hey that's what your good at.
    Just proves you only read certain threads, hemp. If you read the most intriguing threads you'd know the real me and be able to understand why I'm thanked often and spend hours here helping. I'm no King of Hill who is one of the most helpful people here. Most just pass judgement like you do on things you don't know what you're talking about.

When I first came here - I saw a lot of clique-ish behavior. I loathe that and spoke up about it often. THOSE are the days you're referring to. But I'm no longer the starter of all those arguments anymore. Again if you spent time in more threads than just being a fanboy of Elite6 - you'd know that.

The context for this recent issue was a difference of opinion on what constitutes respect in capitalization of first names. And occasionally I still have to "Set some self-important noob straight". It's a dirty job but someone's gotta do it. Lol!!

Now if you're an intelligent adult and not some kid, feeling brave behind his keyboard, you'll drop this barrage of smack toward me, hemp, and come to UniAW, iWidgets and a few other threads where some real innovation is happening and get to know the "real me".. and stopping wasting your time looking for a fight long after this little debate wrapped up last week.

And get over yourself, hemp. You put your pants on the same way I do: one leg at a time.. I respect you as a veteran around here - and you do amazing work.. But you've only been here a little longer than me - please get to know -ME- and not the caricature of me you'd prefer to see.. Before last week show me ONE thread where I was in an argument in the 3 months prior?! There isn't one.. Why not? I'm movin on to more important things.. You should too, bro.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 06-23-2013 at 11:19 PM.

Lol. I appreciate you proving my point for me. You have a good one Grant.

Lol. I appreciate you proving my point for me.
    Of course, you'd say that..
    You have a good one Grant.
    You too, sir..

Thanks
    Thanked 15,274 Times in 7,007 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Before last week show me ONE thread where I was in an argument in the 3 months prior?!
    [Tweak] iWidgets
    UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5
    UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

You have been a lot better though.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

hemptation (06-24-2013), Krima (06-24-2013)

Exactly. Which means Krima is correct calling you a hypocrite. Looking at it now, I just feel like you love being engaged in heated conversation with people. Which is cool You should have been a lawyer

Now. The proving of my point is clicking back to what I initially said. About knowing when to be quiet. Lol

On the real, I have a real job, and a real family of my own. So ima go to work so I can support the ones I love. Have a great day

Thanks Simon

21. The Following User Says Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

Krima (06-24-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Damn Simon, you are way more effective than I am in arguing.

I agree with you, Grant has been a lot better by comparison. I'm going to take just a small amount of credit for that because Him and I would get into all the time. A lot was intentional by me in hopes that things would be seen and he could have a better experience here.

It must take a lot for Hemp to speak up though because that man is always chocolate covered smiles and happy go lucky rainbows.

The disproportionate thing here was Hemp's "losing it". Of all the issues that I've "spoken into" here - this one was so "small".. And SO "un-heated".. It's as if hemp has wanted to "set me straight" for a LONG time and THIS little "nothing" debate was the last straw for him.. Lol!! Kinda weird.

But I've been there - at "I've HAD ENOUGH".. moments with raising my 4 kids to adulthood.. and other people that have rubbed me the wrong way.. I get it.. Thanks, hemp, for reminding me to NOT go back to the "old Grant".. I didn't like him much either... Lol!! But I assure you, despite Simon's frustratingly accurate accounting, the guy you are characterizing, no longer is at MMI. Give me a chance, bro..

And Krima, despite your desire to take credit for my rehabilitation.. I've always seen you as just a funny "young man" mostly interested in having a good time and not being able to resist sarcasm. When I realized your "heart" was basically good and the rest was just immature kid-ness I lightened up on you. But it was King's turnaround with me and Simon's "mega patience" that helped me "see the light"... (.. choir sings "aahh" in background...)..

Let's move on gang.. All points have been made - and I thought this debate was SO done -- over cooked.....,

Fair enough Grant on the credit part. I don't think I'm a kid age wise. It's a little condescending to say that just like it is a little rude just to say that you are just some old dude trying to be relevant to a younger generation. Facts are facts and valid arguments can and do get made by all ages. We can always learn and grow no matter the source.

I'm happy u saw my "heart" because most of it really was just in jest. I work in the IT industry and having a playful and light attitude can make the difference between you enjoying your job or hating it.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,954 Times in 6,529 Posts

Keep going in the direction your going Grant, you've come a long way. Glad I could help. Looking forward to seeing your pano mod. We're keeping our eye on this.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Page 20 of 92 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 30 70 ... LastLast