+ Reply
Page 2 of 92 FirstFirst 1234 12 52 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Great Debate

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Originally Posted by Simon Exactly. Here is proof of my 3GS SHSH and proof that cydia missed saving some. 4.3.3 being an important one that was missed: I'm pretty sure
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Exactly.
    Here is proof of my 3GS SHSH and proof that cydia missed saving some. 4.3.3 being an important one that was missed:

I'm pretty sure that more a less wraps that up although better proof again would be going into tinyumbrellas log and screenshoting where it says "Apple is not signing...."

Thanks
    Thanked 15,269 Times in 7,004 Posts

How about Cydia for same deviceThe Great Debate-imageuploadedbymodmyi1359655556.318545.jpg

Thanks
    Thanked 7,765 Times in 2,428 Posts

How about Cydia for same deviceAttachment 620230
    U know what this means now Simon. This means that Cydia misses backups 99.9999999999999% of the time. Thank God for tiny umbrella. Lol.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    U know what this means now Simon. This means that Cydia misses backups 99.9999999999999% of the time. Thank God for tiny umbrella. Lol.
    Do you have proof of that percentage lol

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Krima (01-31-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,869 Times in 6,032 Posts

This thread just made my day, good stuff...the great debate

Thanks

Do you have proof of that percentage lol
    No but 9.9 out of 10 people know this to be true for 4 out of every 5 devices with a standard deviation of 6. So BAM!!!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

EricB78 (02-26-2013), Simon (01-31-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    This thread just made my day, good stuff...the great debate
    I figured it was time we take the endless debates outside of the news threads to somewhere more appropriate

Thanks

We should have fun with these sort of things. I'm glad it got moved. Let's have a little bit of sense of humor about all this. I mean, soon my iPhone 5 will be jailbroken. How awesome is that.

Thanks

Geeze sh$t just got real. I was just playing around for the record.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,148 Times in 4,593 Posts

You must know I won't participate in a flame thread. And they're against forum rules anyway.

see you out there on legit threads, gang.

Thanks

This is not a flame or attack thread. What JoeRobels said has no place in here. This is meant to be a safe place where we can debate the various things without polluting the news threads.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (01-31-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,903 Times in 6,516 Posts

What did I miss? I ran to get popcorn.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    What did I miss? I ran to get popcorn.
    Only the most important discussion of all time, which is do people prefer the 17 year old Justin Bieber or the new 18 year old Biebes. Weigh in buddy.

Thanks

I'm more of an Amanda Bines fan myself. I love girls with obvious daddy issues.

Besides, the Biebes is obviously ***! Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Damn rules! Obviously living an alternate lifestyle.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 01-31-2013 at 12:47 PM.
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

Thanks

Any time a tangent discussion starts in a news thread that is not on topic it will find its way in here now. No flaming. No insulting.

Oh, and older Biebs, hands down

Thanks

Them King are fighting words now son. You just opened up a can of whoop a@$ that you are going to wish u could close. Let me roll up my sleeves first then I will be back to hit u with some hard truths.

Any time a tangent discussion starts in a news thread that is not on topic it will find its way in here now. No flaming. No insulting.

Oh, and older Biebs, hands down
    Great idea man. Once again I'm agreeing with you Simon.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,148 Times in 4,593 Posts

I am calling it like I see it. Since my first encounters (the unlock threads) with you all I have seen is generalizations based on your own experiences. I have seen tons of opinions, percentages, probabilities, ratios etc etc etc. Not once that I can remember have I seen any proof of any of your "facts" or statements. Just endless "I have done this", "I have done that", "Everybody does this". "Everybody does that". I have never seen you actually submit any proof of any of it. Are we supposed to just take your word on everything you say because you have a convincing way of saying it?
    This is also - almost an attack, Simon. So please be careful. It's very personal and maybe you should 'moderate yourself', bro. Thanks for getting rid of Joe's post.

You also, before now, have not submitted any proof of your statements in our conversations. And anyway we don't have to 'prove' every experience we share. I already posted my screen shot of all blobs being saved for me but 6.0.2. And NO one will ever need 6.0.2. THAT's the point....

You well know, Simon, that 4.3.3 was an insignificant upgrade. We got nothing more that we needed out of it and the vast majority of people here were all still at 4.2.1(edited) and went straight to 5.1.1 JB. This was right near when I created a screen name for myself on MMI and I remember that time well. I've been here for over three years - but I was a guest before that time.

In every SHSH backup you've EVER done since 1.0.2 - in only ONE case, for an INSIGNIFICANT upgrade 4.3.3 - you say you NEEDED the blobs and Cydia hadn't saved them. I call that a pretty solid showing on Cydia's part. Wouldn't you? Obviously up to then - you were using Cydia only - Right? If you'd been using TU then you would have NEVER missed 4.3.3. So I guess it was at that point you started advising people to use TU? Just curious.. You didn't use TU before that time?
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 01-31-2013 at 01:28 PM. Reason: meant to write 4.2.1 and not 4.2.8 in 2nd paragraph

Thanks

Cydia may have a decent track record, but why put all your eggs in one basket. You know that it is only an issue when you need it and it isn't available. Kinda like the way you want to load your Cydia tweaks. You backed all those up because you are worried that you can't get them from Cydia when you need them, right?

So what is the difference with the blobs???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    This is also - almost an attack, Simon. So please be careful. It's very personal and maybe you should 'moderate yourself', bro. Thanks for getting rid of Joe's post.

You also, before now, have not submitted any proof of your statements in our conversations. And anyway we don't have to 'prove' every experience we share. I already posted my screen shot of all blobs being saved for me but 6.0.2. And NO one will ever need 6.0.2. THAT's the point....
    I was not attacking you at all. I was telling you how I feel you have been posting. And I know I am not alone. I also know that you aren't the only one that does these type of things. So do I. Suby does, King, most of us. You just seem to do it a lot and what I was trying to get through to you is I have seen others provide evidence to back up their claims (Suby for one, and me) but I have never seen you back up anything you have said with some kind of source or reference.

You well know, Simon, that 4.3.3 was an insignificant upgrade. We got nothing more that we needed out of it and the vast majority of people here were all still at 4.2.8. This was right near when I created a screen name for myself on MMI and I remember that time well. I've been here for over three years - but I was a guest before that time.
    There you go again generalizing things from your own experiences. MOST people were not on 4.2.8 at all. 4.2.8 is/was a Verizon only iPhone 4 firmware. MOST people had and still have GSM iPhones so never saw 4.2.8. 4.3.3 was a VERY important firmware in my eyes, since it was the last firmware at the time to have a untethered jailbreak. So if you wanted to be on as high a firmware as you could be while keeping your untethered jailbreak 4.3.3 was it, the golden firmware of the time. Similar to how 5.1.1 was.

In every SHSH backup you've EVER done since 1.0.2 - in only ONE case, for an INSIGNIFICANT upgrade 4.3.3 - you say you NEEDED the blobs and Cydia hadn't saved them. I call that a pretty solid showing on Cydia's part. Wouldn't you? Obviously up to then - you were using Cydia only - Right? If you'd been using TU then you would have NEVER missed 4.3.3. So I guess it was at that point you started advising people to use TU? Just curious.. You didn't use TU before that time?
    SHSH didn't come about until 3.0 firmware first of all. But yes, I agree cydia is generally good at saving your SHSH. There are times when it does not though and sometimes there is no real explanation as to why it didn't. Your example that one of yours saved 4.3.3 but you can see mine didn't.
    Since Tiny Umbrella has been available I have been telling people to use it. There is just no good reason why you shouldn't use it if you are the type of person that likes to cover all their bases. You can see from my signature I have a How-to guide on using tiny umbrella, it is one of the most viewed threads on MMi (jailbreak sections). I advise people to use tiny umbrella (or redsnow now since it has similar functionality) because there is just no telling when cydia may not save your SHSH. And for times when a jailbreak isn't yet available like with the iPhone 5 using tiny umbrella or redsnow is the only option for saving your SHSH.

Thanks

Here's my Cydia shot from the 4s that I am using right now. Missing 6.0!