+ Reply
Page 19 of 91 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 29 69 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Great Debate

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
I love how grant seems to dismiss arguments as baseless and when challenged says u can't understand because its a generational thing. That to me is a "weak" argument. I
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,196 Times in 2,284 Posts

I love how grant seems to dismiss arguments as baseless and when challenged says u can't understand because its a generational thing. That to me is a "weak" argument.

I concede points that are valid. I only challenge positions that, to me, appears like that person only takes a stance because he just simply "must" be right.

A good bases for a persons character to me is when that person has the same image to many people despite challenging the validity of that perception. Meaning, if a large group of people view a person the same way then it seems rational to define that individual as such. Doesn't take someone in their 50s to be able to make their case valid.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-20-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 14,805 Times in 6,884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    We've already dismissed that argument as weak, dsg!! Lol !! (jk)..

We're at the agree to disagree point, Simon. As I said - you have no generational context on which to discern my argument. I can't make you see something "you weren't taught" comin' up. My argument is weak only to a person from a different frame of context. - like trying to tell the Taliban of the benefits of democratic freedoms. Not gonna happen.. I can appreciate the distinction you're trying to make, but it's artificial as the same people you're referring to who supposedly "get it" will refer to me as "grant" - all the time. There's a loss of formality (and politeness) in the GenX generation and beyond. It is what it is.

You only need to "learn and grow" in the knowledge of things "valuable" and "noble" - not base. The loss of cordiality in common society is not something I wish to learn and grow in. Quite the opposite. I want to challenge society in such things.

The basis for referring to dsg in the future with all lower case - is out of 'respect for his/her' wishes. That's something to value, bro.
    Dude, I just told you I was taught that growing up, there is no generation gap in this aspect. If your user name was newdestiny I would call you newdestiny. However if I were to refer to you by your real name I would write Grant (as I always have). I'm not trying to make a distinction. The distinction already exists. If anyone refers to you as grant then you are absolutely correct, I would regard that as impolite. That being said this is a forum and all types of people come here, some young, some old, all with different ways of doing things. A lot will just use short hand and not care at all about proper name etiquette or even spelling. Is what it is. End of the day if someone were to write my name on here as simon I honestly wouldn't care.
    In your defence though you were not the one that started this. Although I am sure dsg didn't mean for it to go on like this. These things tend to happen with you around though lol, certainly keeps things interesting and entertaining around here

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    I love how grant
    lol, I know that was intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by newdestinyX View Post
    no sweat.
    See, you are embracing lower case already

(Don't fret, I will change it back, promise)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,496 Times in 4,304 Posts

I love how grant seems to dismiss arguments as baseless and when challenged says u can't understand because its a generational thing. That to me is a "weak" argument.
    And yet you still don't "get it". Did it ever occur to you that you don't get it because you don't have a context for understanding it as a valid argument?
    I concede points that are valid.
    In contexts and a world view you're steeped in...
    I only challenge positions that, to me, appears like that person only takes a stance because he just simply "must" be right.
    You've always made this personal.. That's how we got off to a bad start. Always the insults. It has nothing to do with me "being right". I "am right" from my cultural context. (Even Simon acknowledges that) That's not something you can argue against the validity of, bro. Only disagree with.
    A good bases for a persons character to me is when that person has the same image to many people despite challenging the validity of that perception. Meaning, if a large group of people view a person the same way then it seems rational to define that individual as such. Doesn't take someone in their 50s to be able to make their case valid.
    Again.. the personal attacks.. wow.. I wish you knew how to attack ideas and not people. You must be a liberal Krima. Lol!!All they do is attack conservative's character cause they can't present solid cases against their ideas.. But let's not go down that path..

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    These things tend to happen with you around though lol,
    Wow - YOU taking it personal too, Simon? That's usually not like you. But when you feel you're hitting a wall - you too can make it about my character. Please don't be foolish as to dismiss an argument because of a perceived and distorted aspect of a person's personality (mine).. I should have earned some respect by this point.. :/
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 06-20-2013 at 10:47 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,531 Times in 5,850 Posts

Thanks

Wow - YOU taking it personal too, Simon? That's usually not like you. But when you feel you're hitting a wall - you too can make it about my character. Please don't be foolish as to dismiss an argument because of a perceived and distorted aspect of a person's personality (mine).. I should have earned some respect by this point.. :/
    Not at all man, I was joking, you know, having a little fun.
    Hence the smilies and lol:
    These things tend to happen with you around though lol, certainly keeps things interesting and entertaining around here
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    You know you want in Bo, I mean blkcadi, I mean Blkcadi....I'm soooo confused lol

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-20-2013), Krima (06-20-2013)

Thanks

(Even Simon acknowledges that)
    Again.. the personal attacks.. wow.. I wish you knew how to attack ideas and not people. You must be a liberal Krima. Lol!!All they do is attack conservative's character cause they can't present solid cases against their ideas.. But let's not go down that path.
    :/
    I love this man. You say I attack you personally and not your ideas and then you call me liberal. Is that not some form of a personal attack. This is the reason I take such an opposing position with you because you can't even see the hypocrisy of your own actions. Then you bring this up and then say "Let's not go down that path". If that's how you feel then you shouldn't have said anything to begin with.

I have never said I was conservative but you label me and then proceed to make a generalization about liberals attacking conservatives. What the hell does that have to do with anything.

But this is a typical response from you when you run out of ideas. Don't worry, maybe one day you will "get it".

lol, I know that was intentional.
    I have no idea what you are talking about SIMON.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Simon (06-20-2013)

Thanks

I love this man. You say I attack you personally and not your ideas and then you call me liberal. Is that not some form of a personal attack. This is the reason I take such an opposing position with you because you can't even see the hypocrisy of your own actions. Then you bring this up and then say "Let's not go down that path". If that's how you feel then you shouldn't have said anything to begin with.

I have never said I was conservative but you label me and then proceed to make a generalization about liberals attacking conservatives. What the hell does that have to do with anything.

But this is a typical response from you when you run out of ideas. Don't worry, maybe one day you will "get it".
    Good ole, Krima. misses it again. ;-) I never called you a liberal. And you know it. I made an apt analogy . Aren't you glad you had that second paragraph of mine to build a case against me. Otherwise you would have had to deal with my actual challenge that you always make it personal. Which you do, all the time. You have to attack my character instead of just my ideas.

So are you glad you came to this thread looking for a little tango this time? A little chance to jump on Grant. How's that working out for ya?

Thanks

Good ole, Krima. misses it again. ;-) I never called you a liberal. And you know it.

So are you glad you came to this thread looking for a little tango this time? A little chance to jump on Grant. How's that working out for ya?
    What are you talking about. Your exact words were, "You must be a liberal Krima". How is that not calling me a liberal. You are too funny.

Let me try it out on you. Grant, you must be a complete douche lord. Good thing I didn't call you a douche lord, huh? Can you see how silly that position is now.

I actually feel pretty good about it. Feel like my old self, thanks.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,367 Times in 5,994 Posts

Popcorn is nice and buttery! I need some of that cheese flavored sprinkle stuff though. Maybe some more drink too!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Krima (06-20-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Popcorn is nice and buttery! I need some of that cheese flavored sprinkle stuff though. Maybe some more drink too!
    Ha. Can we please talk about you know what now King. Lol

Thanks

You must be a liberal Krima.
    Hmmmm!

Good ole, Krima. misses it again. ;-) I never called you a liberal.
    Again, Hmmmm!
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 06-20-2013 at 12:29 PM.
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

16. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Simon (06-20-2013)

Thanks

You know you want in Bo, I mean blkcadi, I mean Blkcadi....I'm soooo confused lol
    ...I'm confused myself, when I made my account and user name, I didn't use caps, then when I made my signature I thought it looked better with the cap. #spinning

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

Krima (06-20-2013), NewdestinyX (06-20-2013), Simon (06-20-2013)

Thanks

Ha. Can we please talk about you know what now King. Lol
    At this point, you are free to go!
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 06-20-2013 at 12:29 PM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Krima (06-20-2013), Simon (06-20-2013)

Thanks

You know what I don't understand Simon. Sometimes when I thank someone's post it has my name with a capital K, like "Krima". Then other times its with a lowercase k, like "krima".

Is the app trying to disrespect me? But seriously it does do this.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-20-2013), Simon (06-20-2013)

Thanks

Is the app trying to disrespect me?
    Yes, yes it is.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-20-2013), Krima (06-20-2013)

Thanks

Yes, yes it is.
    ^ that..

26. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-20-2013)

Thanks

What are you talking about. Your exact words were, "You must be a liberal Krima". How is that not calling me a liberal. You are too funny.

Let me try it out on you. Grant, you must be a complete douche lord. Good thing I didn't call you a douche lord, huh? Can you see how silly that position is now.
    *Sigh*... Totally not the same thing..
    ["you must be a" + list of characteristics] = conjecture + analogy set up... non-declarative.. to call a name one must use a declarative assertion - high school basic semantics, bro.. . But even if I conceded your one point there (that they're the same thing) then if we were keeping score - this would be the first time I 'ever called a name' and you at least 50.. to me. The point is - you turn things personal. That's 'your way' not mine... it just is, Krima.. When you run out of cogent rebuttals in a debate you resort to personal comments... (LIKE liberals too often do in political discourse - was, of course, my point)

But let's move on bro.. It's been a 'little' fun trying out the 'old play-time' we used to have. Not as fun anymore... It's not who we are anymore.We have more important things to discuss..

Back to new tweaks from Durben/King and Drifter/Matchstic..
    YAY -- way more fun!

Grant

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ...I'm confused myself, when I made my account and user name, I didn't use caps, then when I made my signature I thought it looked better with the cap.
    Naturally.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 06-20-2013 at 03:17 PM.

Thanks

Sounds good to me Grant, let's get back to tweaks and stuff since I'm clearly out of educated rebuttals.

Speaking of, your going to love the new tweak and specifically this lockscreen. Full weather walls with a touch function to call Dacals animations. This one is from John, I love it.

Thanks

Sounds good to me Grant, let's get back to tweaks and stuff since I'm clearly out of educated rebuttals.

Speaking of, your going to love the new tweak and specifically this lockscreen. Full weather walls with a touch function to call Dacals animations. This one is from John, I love it.
    Ah.. now there's your 'ultimate "get back at Grant moment"' -- well played, sir! Show that you are on the 'inner circle' with Brian and Derrick and have access to their betas.. of the new stuff.. Oooooo. I'm so damned jealous... Well - it IS ALL in WHO you know - right?

Thanks

Ah.. now there's your 'ultimate "get back at Grant moment"' -- well played, sir! Show that you are on the 'inner circle' with Brian and Derrick and have access to their betas.. of the new stuff.. Oooooo. I'm so damned jealous... Well - it IS ALL in WHO you know - right?
    Don't be like that Grant. You asked to get back to tweaks, specifically Durbens and Kings tweak, so I posted something relating to that. If I was trying to "get back at you" why didn't I just mention this a long time ago.

Not everything is meant to be a dig at you man. I can't seem to win with you.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-20-2013)