+ Reply
Page 17 of 91 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 27 67 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Great Debate

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Bacardi got most of those early in elite thread. Since then he has rubbed most people in there the wrong way. I don't see his thanks getting that much higher.
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,784 Times in 6,877 Posts

Bacardi got most of those early in elite thread. Since then he has rubbed most people in there the wrong way. I don't see his thanks getting that much higher. I agree with you on this. As much as thanks doesn't matter at the end of the day to see some new kid amass such a large amount in a short time for pretty much doing nothing but hanging around is a bit irritating.

Guess who has the ability to remove useless thanks counts though

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-28-2013), NewdestinyX (04-28-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,440 Times in 4,286 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Bacardi got most of those early in elite thread. Since then he has rubbed most people in there the wrong way. I don't see his thanks getting that much higher. I agree with you on this. As much as thanks doesn't matter at the end of the day to see some new kid amass such a large amount in a short time for pretty much doing nothing but hanging around is a bit irritating.
    Simon.. of all the things you've ever said to me - I can't tell you how gratified I am that you understand me on this. . Thank you.

Guess who has the ability to remove useless thanks counts though
    I am a mod/admin too at a vBulletin hosted site. I wasn't going to say anything.... obviously.. but suffice it to say - you made me smile there...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-28-2013), Simon (04-28-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,179 Times in 2,277 Posts

@NewDestiny. I really do understand what u mean and I get it. I guess what I am trying to say is simply don't let it bother u. I don't believe it's vanity on your part I truly don't. What I do think is u feel like since u worked so hard to get to a comfortable place here with people u don't like it to be undermined or devalued. But this is the thing, u can't let the actions of some stranger impact u in such a way because it makes u look petty and u r better than that man.

I have learned long ago that u can't plant your confidence, security, self-worth, etc on things that others can influence. Just like the "thank" count, if a high count is used to make u feel good about yourself here then that can be influenced in a negative way by others. Devote your energy to things that are more substantial like "real" people, family, spouse and so on. Ok I'm done with my lecture.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-28-2013), Simon (04-28-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    @NewDestiny. I really do understand what u mean and I get it. I guess what I am trying to say is simply don't let it bother u. I don't believe it's vanity on your part I truly don't. What I do think is u feel like since u worked so hard to get to a comfortable place here with people u don't like it to be undermined or devalued. But this is the thing, u can't let the actions of some stranger impact u in such a way because it makes u looks petty and u r better than that man.
    It doesn't look petty, bro - except by the capricious youthful thinking of someone like him. It sounds "concerned" - by people understand the 'value' of a 'good name'. But maybe that's a generational perspective point I'm trying to make, though. You and I may have to agree to disagree on this point. But that's okay. I respect your perspective - I just don't think it speaks to this situation with my concern.

I have learned long ago that u can't plant your confidence, security, self-worth, etc on things that others can influence. Just like the "thank" count, if a high count is used to make u feel good about yourself here then that can be influenced in a negative way by others. Devote your energy to things that are more substantial like "real" people, family, spouse and so on. Ok I'm done with my lecture.
    Oh trust me - I don't place my well-being in the hands of anyone else and I assure you my priorities are well in order, bro. I am not 'devastated' at all. I'm speaking to 'injustice'. And injustices always need to be addressed. Simon got it. And that matters to me. Again - your lecture's a good one, Krima - it's just directed at a guy that isn't suffering from the issues your describe.

--------------
    MOVING ON -- So with LOCKHTML2 I can move my Lockscreen mods out of the THEMES folder and into another folder that LockHTML2 can find for me?
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 04-28-2013 at 02:45 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-28-2013)

Thanks

I wasn't trying to come across self righteous or condescending. I don't think that u r sitting around broken up by all this but definitely take it more personally than me.

And I know all this is just a matter of perspective and I'm just sharing mine. Hope it hasn't come across preachy.

Lockhtml may pick up some of your themes that are in winterboard yes but others u may have to move to the lockhtml folder.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-28-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,552 Times in 4,071 Posts

You can leave them in wb folder lock html2 will still list them and I haven't found anything since recen update that can't be done all touch functions we use work swipe works aswell just tested myself
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-28-2013), NewdestinyX (04-28-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    You can leave them in wb folder lock html2 will still list them and I haven't found anything since recen update that can't be done all touch functions we use work swipe works aswell just tested myself
    IF I wanted to 'clean up my WinterBoard folder' as Krima suggests is possible - CAN I move all my Lockscreen mods to a DIFFERENT folder. Where is the LockHtml2 folder and where would I move the LS themes to?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    IF I wanted to 'clean up my WinterBoard folder' as Krima suggests is possible - CAN I move all my Lockscreen mods to a DIFFERENT folder. Where is the LockHtml2 folder and where would I move the LS themes to?
    It's in var/mobile/Library/LockHTML but like Gunny said the new update eliminates this need. I still do it though.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (04-28-2013)

Thanks

It's in var/mobile/Library/LockHTML but like Gunny said the new update eliminates this need. I still do it though.
    Yeah. Exactly!! But like you - I just want to LOOK through LESS things in what has now become an ENDLESS window of things in Winterboard. For that reason only - I would move them to a different folder. AND THEN - certain theme elements I have that have both Wallpaper.html and LockBackground.html in the theme folder -- I'll let LockHTML2 find THAT LS mod over in the Winterboard Themes file. So it's just about 'cleaner folders' and a shorter Winterboard viewing window..

Now weird... The VERY FIRST time after I engaged LockHTML2 with the Basalt.GPS.HD LS theme -- the quick black screen happened!!! But now it doesn't. Wonder what THAT was? And again -for me - that black screen literally lasted for half a second. Hardly noticeable ever. Hey - IMMEDIATE- is great. But I can't imagine that .5 second flash of black was a 'deal killer' for some of you.. LOL!!

Now the Lockscreens still FADE IN.. That's correct right? That's in the HTML code itself in the Webkit animations - right?

---
    Now riddle me this.. Do you think choice of LockHTML2 settings and LS choices will be something BackBoard remembers? .. I still really rely on that old tweak for all the major theme changing I do in a week's time....
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 04-28-2013 at 03:20 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,552 Times in 4,071 Posts

Fade in is from Ls code itself most do it to keep everything smooth to the end user.

Not sure on backboard would be something you would need to test
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

18. The Following User Says Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (04-28-2013)

Thanks

@NewDestiny. I don't use backboard anymore but how that tweak works is it backs up everything in the preference folder. I just checked and LockHTML saves its plist there where it identifies the enabled theme. So I'm sure it will still work. So u r all good there.

What do u think of the tweak?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (04-28-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    Fade in is from Ls code itself most do it to keep everything smooth to the end user.

Not sure on backboard would be something you would need to test
    @NewDestiny. I don't use backboard anymore but how that tweak works is it backs up everything in the preference folder. I just checked and LockHTML saves its plist there where it identifies the enabled theme. So I'm sure it will still work. So u r all good there.

What do u think of the tweak?
    Thanks Gunny & Krima. As ALL the new things you find for us - this is another GREAT find. I'm looking at my RAM too (I know, I know -- I'm obsessed with that) and it seems like LockHTML2 is using resources MORE cleanly not having WinterBoard taking on the Lockscreen mods as well. I LIKE that for sure.. I like the Transparent Status Bar I can set for Lockscreens too now. Very cool. I have a feeling I'm only scratching the surface of this baby. Bushe's a great thinker. WhatEVER would have possessed him to think we'd need something other than WinterBoard to run lock screen mods... oy..

One WEIRDNESS I'm observing...

The LockScreen mod THEME window in LockHTML2 seems to list any theme with Widget.html in it as well as those with LockBackground.html. That's a problem for my idea to separate folders. It really should ONLY look for LockBackground.html. Right now in that themes window is even all my PerPageHTML2 themes as well. .. Don't know what Bushe's thinking there. Maybe he's thinking we'd want the option to put any of our Widget.html themes also on the lockscreen.. Why would he allow Widget.html themes to appear but not Wallpaper.html ones?

Thanks

This is a brand new feature so I'd expect it to be updated with better detection. I agree about the resource thing. One thing I never liked about the transparent bar is sometimes I only want it for the LS and not my SB. I like how this handles this. Have u tried the fade animation for media controls? Such a cool idea if u don't display album artwork on your lock screen like me.

Thanks

Krima,
    I swear the Locks still took 1-2 seconds to engage even with LockHtml2 - UNTIL the update that came thru yesterday. NOW the locks open immediately - no wait! But not BEFORE the update. Do you know what he fixed in this most recent?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

Krima,
    I swear the Locks still took 1-2 seconds to engage even with LockHtml2 - UNTIL the update that came thru yesterday. NOW the locks open immediately - no wait! But not BEFORE the update. Do you know what he fixed in this most recent?
    According to the description he fixed a memory leak. Now when u respring it will always take a second to load but after the theme has been selected it shouldn't take seconds to load.

So I take it u like the tweak.

Thanks

According to the description he fixed a memory leak. Now when u respring it will always take a second to load but after the theme has been selected it shouldn't take seconds to load.

So I take it u like the tweak.
    Oh yeah, man!! Zero complaints this time! The only thing I need him to do is restrict the 'find' themes subroutine limited to folder with LockBacground.html. Currently he also searches for Widget.html. That's not good. But yeah.. Best find in a while!

Thanks

U know another tweak that I love, it's Flex. I HATE ads so this app allows u to go into any of your apps and play around with the classes and add units to change the return value (or whatever) and I can remove ads and popups and banners. It's awesome.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-29-2013)

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 709 Posts

I like dsg all small case, I'm weird
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to dsg For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (06-19-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    I like dsg all small case, I'm weird
    Fair enuff.. But to not capitalize the first letter of a name seems, at worst, uneducated - at best, disrespectful. But I'll try and remember..

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

dsg (06-19-2013), Jato_BZ (06-19-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 14,784 Times in 6,877 Posts

Fair enuff.. But to not capitalize the first letter of a name seems, at worst, uneducated - at best, disrespectful. But I'll try and remember..
    Really not needed. It's not his real name. It's his member name. If he wants it all lower case that's his decision. Nothing uneducated or disrespectful about it. Tons of members have all lower case member names. My first member name here was x98car. I think someone calling me X98car back then would have just looked silly.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (06-20-2013), dsg (06-19-2013), Jato_BZ (06-19-2013)