+ Reply
Page 16 of 91 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 26 66 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Great Debate

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Originally Posted by Bacardi85 Edit : @Simon if you guys doing your job coreectly!!! why dont u tell person Roman in the e6 thread to write in english since 45mimutes
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,187 Times in 6,971 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bacardi85 View Post
    Edit : @Simon if you guys doing your job coreectly!!! why dont u tell person Roman in the e6 thread to write in english since 45mimutes the comment is there and not edit yet? and telling me to speak english!! that how you guys follow?? good job!!
    Because I have a job and a life. If you didn't notice I haven't posted in that thread all day. Been busy. Instead of a snide comment about me not doing my job "coreectly" use the report button on the bottom of the post. That way any moderators that are online are alerted to it and can deal with it.

You may want to take a step back and calm down before posting. Your grammar and spelling seems to suffer greatly when you get all excited and defensive.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,575 Times in 4,309 Posts

my attitude depends on you!! and sometime you have to be b*tchy in life to get things done!!
    I really hope that you never need help from anyone on this forum in the future. Because at the rate that you are going, no one will want to help.

One thing that I've observed, you act like you're better than the people that have insulted you, but then you insult them right back. You can't really act "holier than thou" and then turn around and do the same thing.

For me personally, there were times in the e6 thread when I was happy that you were there. You were a great help in answering some of the redundant questions that I, and others, didn't feel like answering. Then there were times when I read your responses and I cringed. Either you gave the wrong path for a file (no biggie) or you were just plain wrong in what you said. One thing that I used to do when I was offering advice, was check with my own device first. Of course this is just my $0.02. Take it or leave it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to EricB78 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-19-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,899 Times in 4,102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Yeah, how's that working for you in this forum?

Young arrogance is a it is.

Good luck!
    no i am respectfull only for people who respect me..and now i don't have time to write a book in here and waste my time with you!!

that is the way it works..

Thanks
    Thanked 15,899 Times in 4,102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Because I have a job and a life. If you didn't notice I haven't posted in that thread all day. Been busy. Instead of a snide comment about me not doing my job "coreectly" use the report button on the bottom of the post. That way any moderators that are online are alerted to it and can deal with it.

You may want to take a step back and calm down before posting. Your grammar and spelling seems to suffer greatly when you get all excited and defensive.
    if you speak 4 languages like me..you might also do somes mistakes in spelling.. and from now i won't answer back.. and you know that a extra "e" doesnt change the sentence!!

done for me!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bacardi85 For This Useful Post:

breezer_ (04-19-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,702 Times in 2,414 Posts

Where have I been when all this was going on here. King I am so upset with u that u didn't notify me of this goldmine.

I too find it so funny when Grant doesn't get the sarcasm. Remember when I was talking about my "little" problem. Hilarious. Nothing but love for u though Grant.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

EricB78 (04-19-2013), King_O_Hill (04-19-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,406 Times in 6,356 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Where have I been when all this was going on here. King I am so upset with u that u didn't notify me of this goldmine.

I too find it so funny when Grant doesn't get the sarcasm. Remember when I was talking about my "little" problem. Hilarious. Nothing but love for u though Grant.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
    Sorry bro, you know how it is when you get caught up in something.

no i am respectfull only for people who respect me..and now i don't have time to write a book in here and waste my time with you!!

that is the way it works..
    Again, I hope it's working good for you!

You lost my respect when you told someone to restore for a simple issue.

That is a huge problem for me. Almost like you deliberately tried to sabotage their jailbreak!
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 04-19-2013 at 11:46 AM.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

EricB78 (04-19-2013), Krima (04-19-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,590 Times in 4,087 Posts

What did I miss guys. You know I love a little Internet drama
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-19-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,406 Times in 6,356 Posts

Did you guys smell the rotting carcass?

I see you circling overhead!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,670 Times in 5,935 Posts

I usually don't post in this thread, but do enjoy reading through it. Want to thank a few of you for some awesome posts, makes my day. lmao

#priceless

Thanks
    Thanked 8,986 Times in 4,507 Posts

I stayed out of the fray this time. It was nice watching - but not really participating. I said all I needed to say early on when it was back in the EPHD thread. Though I wish Simon had left my original 'you are a dangerous man' post back in the EPHD thread - where now some comments remaining in the EPHD thread (that came after mine) have no context to what I originally wrote. But... ... moving on...

Thanks

Hey Krima - they heard our plea! BatteryDoctor Pro's recent update came with a new Fav preset in addition to Sleep, Indoor and Outdoor! Good on them for listening to their clients!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Krima (04-28-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Hey Krima - they heard our plea! BatteryDoctor Pro's recent update came with a new Fav preset in addition to Sleep, Indoor and Outdoor! Good on them for listening to their clients!
    Yeah I saw that. Plus they added a English version in Cydia. They made several improvement. I still use the tweak. I like it a lot. In loving Lockhtml 2 man. Great tweak in my eyes.

Thanks

Yeah I saw that. Plus they added a English version in Cydia. They made several improvement. I still use the tweak. I like it a lot. In loving Lockhtml 2 man. Great tweak in my eyes.
    The only reason I haven't tried LockHTML2 yet is that there are SO many entries in LS mods from the great artists here that says - right there as a comment in the code - NO COMPATIBLE IF LOCKHTML2 is installed. So I'm not wanting to lose all my access to the LockScreen mods I've seen by our guys just for that tweak. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks

The only reason I haven't tried LockHTML2 yet is that there are SO many entries in LS mods from the great artists here that says - right there as a comment in the code - NO COMPATIBLE IF LOCKHTML2 is installed. So I'm not wanting to lose all my access to the LockScreen mods I've seen by our guys just for that tweak. Is there something I'm missing?
    I thought they all say not compatible with lockinfo?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I thought they all say not compatible with lockinfo?
    AH!! You're right, Simon!! Thanks for the clarification!! SO -- will existing WB Lockscreen still work with LockHTML2? What are LOCKHTML2's advantages?

Thanks

AH!! You're right, Simon!! Thanks for the clarification!! SO -- will existing WB Lockscreen still work with LockHTML2? What are LOCKHTML2's advantages?
    Gotta ask Krima that one. I haven't used it yet.

Thanks

I like to have a clean winterboard. So all the LS that work well with this tweak, and yes some don't work well with it, I put in the tweaks folder. This keeps my winterboard clean and not overcrowded. Just a preference.

If u use Durbens elite analog clock or Dacals Basalt LS there is a delay that happens while the scripts are being loaded. This causes the screen to be black when u lock and unlock your phone. This drives me nuts and this is "the" main reason for the tweak in my opinion.

Plus it has a bunch of other really cool tweaks like fading animation in and out of just the widgets when listening to music. This is so cool. Plus u get to change themes on the fly, No F'n Respring.

In summation, there is more things to love than hate. This is the metric in which I measure the worth of a tweak.

Here's a pic of the animation I was referring to. The widgets will eventually completely disappear so not to obstruct the media control. Now that's sick.
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1367179238.706035.jpg

Thanks

I like to have a clean winterboard. So all the LS that work well with this tweak, and yes some don't work well with it, I put in the tweaks folder. This keeps my winterboard clean and not overcrowded. Just a preference.

If u use Durbens elite analog clock or Dacals Basalt LS there is a delay that happens while the scripts are being loaded. This causes the screen to be black when u lock and unlock your phone. This drives me nuts and this is "the" main reason for the tweak in my opinion.

Plus it has a bunch of other really cool tweaks like fading animation in and out of just the widgets when listening to music. This is so cool. Plus u get to change themes on the fly, No F'n Respring.

In summation, there is more things to love than hate. This is the metric in which I measure the worth of a tweak.

Here's a pic of the animation I was referring to. The widgets will eventually completely disappear so not to obstruct the media control. Now that's sick.
    Attachment 635264
    Hmm.. That 'moment' of black never bothered me. BUT - are you saying that any WB written LockScreen html can run in LockHtml2? You just move the LS mod to a different folder on your phone?

Thanks

Hmm.. That 'moment' of black never bothered me. BUT - are you saying that any WB written LockScreen html can run in LockHtml2? You just move the LS mod to a different folder on your phone?
    Correct. Like every single tweak that modifies the iOS original functions there are pros and cons. With the latest update it scans your winterboard folder for lock screen themes and allows u to use them without moving them.

I don't see how the black never bothered u. It may just be me but Gunny I think feels the same way, and that is Lockhtml 2 seems to run the widgets better. Kind of the way iwidgets seem to use less resources.

And yes u can use the same lock screens. No rewrite needed. Now those that require swipe gestures will not work. But the dev has made several improvements on this front and I can only imagine it getting better. U can also remove clock hide tweak. Sounds good doesn't it.

Thanks

Correct. Like every single tweak that modifies the iOS original functions there are pros and cons. With the latest update it scans your winterboard folder for lock screen themes and allows u to use them without moving them.

I don't see how the black never bothered u. It may just be me but Gunny I think feels the same way, and that is Lockhtml 2 seems to run the widgets better. Kind of the way iwidgets seem to use less resources.

And yes u can use the same lock screens. No rewrite needed. Now those that require swipe gestures will not work. But the dev has made several improvements on this front and I can only imagine it getting better. U can also remove clock hide tweak. Sounds good doesn't it.
    Cool.. I'm downloading it as we speak! Thanks for the tip - as always..

And to the 'issue' of the Thanks thing.. Why does it bother ME??? Well here's the thing.. And coming from 'the old Grant' this could have been misunderstood - but I think most of you 'get me' better now.. Here's the thing.. The whole 'Bacardi78' thing - that new kid that's only been here for 5 weeks - has amassed, over 1100 thanks in 5 weeks - for some of the WORST advice ever given on this forum. There I said it. His input is a 'MENACE' to this community. But he's "cutesie" and young and 'fly' as the young girls would say today - with his 'avatar self pic'. He hasn't amassed those thanks by being helpful here (in fact quite the opposite - he's almost lose several people their jailbreaks) - in fact he's amassed those thanks by being 'popular' with a few people. I don't know about you - but I worked 'hard' TRYING to give good information for the thanks I received - as have you and Brian and many others. So when a LIKE button approach is used for the Thanks button it makes the button useless for finding out who the 'resource people are' on a forum. People you can 'trust'. The thanks count isn't superfluous - it's a signal, IN ITS INTENT, of the usefulness of a person's input. So his amassing half the thanks count you or I have (in over a year) - in LESS THAN 6 weeks -- is misleading... and unfair, in a sense to the really helpful people here. I can only ask you to believe that this has NOTHING with vanity on my part. You, OF ALL people know that my thanks have NOT been recevied from POPULARITY!!!. I wasa ROYAL PAIN IN AZZ to several of you for quite some time. BUT, even in those days, of my trying to 'break into the clique'. My answers to people were carefully thought through and that's how I earned 'most' of my thanks. There are always gonna be people who give us thanks as if to say "yeah, and me too". You and I have both received those thanks too. But all things being equal - that 'one young man's' thanks count has nothing to do with the 'usefulness' of his information.

So there - I said it -- in the Great Debate thread -- so I guess I'm on good ground. So THAT, my dear Krima, is why it bothers "ME".