+ Reply
Page 14 of 79 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 24 64 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Great Debate

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Originally Posted by Simon Yup. Redsnow is able to extract them from the device itself just like ifaith I believe though. Obviously only for the firmware the device is on
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,599 Times in 3,878 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Yup. Redsnow is able to extract them from the device itself just like ifaith I believe though. Obviously only for the firmware the device is on of course and only A4 or lower.
    So what's a Mac owner's option to get safe Blobs from an iPhone 5?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks
    Thanked 14,171 Times in 6,642 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    So what's a Mac owner's option to get safe Blobs from an iPhone 5?
    Redsnow or tiny umbrella. But you can only get "good" SHSH for 6.1.3 now. You would have had to save them with redsnow or tiny umbrella (and only from Apple, not cydia) when Apple was still signing 6.1.2 or lower. Right now though it makes no difference if they are good or not for iPhone 5 since there is no current method to use them anyway.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Redsnow or tiny umbrella. But you can only get "good" SHSH for 6.1.3 now. You would have had to save them with redsnow or tiny umbrella (and only from Apple, not cydia) when Apple was still signing 6.1.2 or lower. Right now though it makes no difference if they are good or not for iPhone 5 since there is no current method to use them anyway.
    Cool. I saved them (my 6.1.2 from iP5) from Apple to TU a while back. So THEY'RE good for when Redsn0w eventually comes out with a 6.1.2 to 6.1.2 restore. Agreed?

Thanks

Cool. I saved them (my 6.1.2 from iP5) from Apple to TU a while back. So THEY'RE good for when Redsn0w eventually comes out with a 6.1.2 to 6.1.2 restore. Agreed?
    Yup, should be. I did the same. I also saved them with redsnow.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,150 Times in 5,512 Posts

I guess you should never say never!

Maybe another solo jailbreak on the horizon!

Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

EVO
    Thanks

make sure you download iFaith's newest version 1.5.6.

It will verify whether the SHSH blobs contains valid APTickets (not that it matters for the iphone 5), but in the future it might

If iFaith says the APTickets are invalid, it will be more useless than it is now

Thanks
    Thanked 6,773 Times in 2,153 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 1Hero View Post
    Thanks for the people that actually understood my point! I'll just move along because there is no point arguing with him.

On another note: here is the calculator widgets and simple calendar:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ys627982a9...calculator.zip
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/x9yknaytir...leCalendar.zip

Found it at the perpagehtml topic and made it work with iWidgets.
    I got your point buddy. I'm a "veteran" when it comes to all things NewDestiny so I understand. Arguing with him is kinda like deciding if you want to go watch a Tyler Perry movie. You've seen him do and say a few cool things and you think that maybe "this" movie will be different. So, after wrestling with the decision u reluctantly decide to jump in and watch the film. As it plays u begin to contemplate just cutting your losses and leaving but now u already invested your time in this gamble. You stay longer then u should but keep thinking the movie might turnaround and surprise you. It's now over and u hate yourself because u knew better than to expect this movie to be any different from all the rest. You crawl into bed defeated and pray that next time you won't be sucked in again (but u know u will). WARCRAFT!!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

DA_GHOST (03-31-2013), joshlogic (03-31-2013), King_O_Hill (03-31-2013), Simon (03-31-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Ok, can we move on here.

NewD is now at peace that Schnedi's widget has been taken down. Of which I have no idea why he took such an over zealous interest in, but that's his issue.

A small mistake was made and a simple resolution was found. Thanks to all involved here in sorting this out, I guess? Wow, there's a half hour of my life that I will never get back.
    Half an hour of YOUR life you won't get back. How dya think I feel. Lol!! My apologies to 1Hero and the thread for an 'over'-reaction to a still serious problem around here. And I'm glad the questionable link is taken down.

I agree wholeheartedly with King about the new UniAW 6. Get it. You'll love it!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    I got your point buddy. I'm a "veteran" when it comes to all things NewDestiny so I understand. Arguing with him is kinda like deciding if you want to go watch a Tyler Perry movie. You've seen him do and say a few cool things and you think that maybe "this" movie will be different. So, after wrestling with the decision u reluctantly decide to jump in and watch the film. As it plays u begin to contemplate just cutting your losses and leaving but now u already invested your time in this gamble. You stay longer then u should but keep thinking the movie might turnaround and surprise you. It's now over and u hate yourself because u knew better than to expect this movie to be any different from all the rest. You crawl into bed defeated and pray that next time you won't be sucked in again (but u know u will). WARCRAFT!!
    LMAO, that is awesome.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-31-2013), Krima (03-31-2013)

Thanks

Half an hour of YOUR life you won't get back. How dya think I feel. Lol!! My apologies to 1Hero and the thread for an 'over'-reaction to a still serious problem around here. And I'm glad the questionable link is taken down.

I agree wholeheartedly with King about the new UniAW 6. Get it. You'll love it!
    Dude I love your new profile description, "The Tyler Perry Experience". I'm so jealous. This is better than being gold, congrats.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-31-2013), NewdestinyX (03-31-2013), Simon (03-31-2013)

Thanks

Dude I love your new profile description, "The Tyler Perry Experience". I'm so jealous. This is better than being gold, congrats.
    Jury's out for me. Your description this time was pretty insulting. What you often mean as a joke could seem belittling to others. Jes' sayin'.. In the spirit of fun - I will bear it for a couple of days. But then ask Simon to switch it back to the one I asked him to use for me.

Thanks

I'm good with just letting Simon control it.
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

Thanks

I'm not. Not when it's insulting. And he's already agreed to my request in the past. I've appreciated that. At the beginning he had 'his original ideas' and they were for the most part funny. Some of you still bear those. Of late he's gotten 'suggestions' from others. That 'borrowing of ideas' I'm not a fan of.

Thanks

Me too. Someone changed mine to "Full Moon". I didn't get all bent out of shape about it. It's all in good fun. King called me an azz on another thread. Him and I are still cool. Judge the spirit of the post not the words.

In sorry NewDestiny if I hurt your feelings. It was not my intentions at all to offend. I just thought it was a funny way to diffuse the situation. That was my real goal to just calm the situation down a bit. I obviously failed at that and for this I apologize. Only this though, not for my philosophical brain that can't help but come up with amazing analogies that simplify complex situations.
    Last edited by Krima; 03-31-2013 at 06:12 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-31-2013)

Thanks

Me too. Someone changed mine to "Full Moon". I didn't get all bent out of shape about it. It's all in good fun. King called me an azz on another thread. Him and I are still cool. Judge the spirit of the post not the words.
    The "spirit" is too hidden sometimes, Krima. You called me and my input a 'bad experience'. Even if that's your opinion - 'attacks' on other - even 'perceived ones' are on 'you' as the communicator and not on the receiver. I have a 'filter' for your sarcasm now and we have a 'polite detente' because of that filter I've built. But you never have an 'uplifting word' to say about many. It's usually 'downgrading' and 'sarcastic' - about some of us more than others. Jes' sayin'.. bro.. Think about it....

Simon - feel free to take these to "The Great Debate". Starting from Krima's very first 'mock' several pages back, please.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Krima (03-31-2013)

Thanks

The "spirit" is too hidden sometimes, Krima. You called me and my input a 'bad experience'. Even if that's your opinion - 'attacks' on other - even 'perceived ones' are on 'you' as the communicator and not on the receiver. I have a 'filter' for your sarcasm now and we have a 'polite detente' because of that filter I've built. But you never have an 'uplifting word' to say about many. It's usually 'downgrading' and 'sarcastic' - about some of us more than others. Jes' sayin'.. bro.. Think about it....
    This is a valid point NewDestiny. I will think about it and try to balance my comments towards you with being positive sprinkled with a little sarcasm. I hope this is something that is a good compromise for us both.

Thanks

Grant

Yes, more censorship is what we need.

Best part of all this is that anyone has the opportunity to either read not read or post and not post. You worry too much about how others perceive you. Until you can let go of your inhibitions and just roll with it, your gonna let it eat you alive!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Krima (03-31-2013)

Thanks

This is a valid point NewDestiny. I will think about it and try to balance my comments towards you with being positive sprinkled with a little sarcasm. I hope this is something that is a good compromise for us both.
    Thanks, Krima! Much appreciated.

Grant

Yes, more censorship is what we need.

Best part of all this is that anyone has the opportunity to either read not read or post and not post. You worry too much about how others perceive you. Until you can let go of your inhibitions and just roll with it, your gonna let it eat you alive!
    You're prolly right, Brian. Krima & I have an understanding. . As do we.

What's really tricky for me sometimes is that you start to see the nonsense from a guy like whose only been here for 29 posts (1hero) read one of us the "riot act" about why it's okay to post links to paid things that he found on the pirated site. Any one of you would've immediately jumped on that on a normal day, but for some reason this time when I was trying to defend the forum against it - I'm somehow made out to be the bad guy. It felt like "no good deed goes unpunished". It was almost surreal - people jumping on me (like Krima & Gunny and you, Brian) when the other guy was clearly in the wrong. It's as if it's become a little more "fashionable" or at least "WARKRAFT fun" to jump on Grant.

But as I continue to make efforts to be as helpful as I can around here, And do a lot of encouraging, the older "jump on Grant and get the popcorn" sarcasms start to get pretty old. Nobody likes to be the brunt of the constant sarcastic joking - I think is the main point I'm trying to get across. If I say something truly outrageous or out of bounds I have no problem getting blasted and I will usually see my error in short order and admit it. I'm just longing to foster a more "collegial" environment. And I need you guys' help. I know I came into this forum with "guns a blazing". Things are changing. Please let them change. Don't lock me into old paradigms. That's all I'm asking. Thanks.

Peace
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 03-31-2013 at 08:25 PM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Krima (03-31-2013)

Thanks

I don't mean for this to sound condescending but that is the best post I ever read from u NewDestiny. Now this is a guy I can get on board with. Everything u said makes sense Grant. Sometimes it's hard and it takes a long time to challenge people's first impressions. Again, great points in articulating your point of view. Have nothing to refute here. Damn, the end times really are upon us.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (04-01-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,471 Times in 4,036 Posts

NewdestinyX you get my long arse reply in pm? That's why you were jumped on by me.
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

29. The Following User Says Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (04-01-2013)