Page 13 of 92 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 23 63 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Great Debate

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Krima,
    Did you read the update notes on iCleaner in Cydia today? Just as was asked of Springtomize, BigBoss asked the developer of iCleaner to get rid of the daemons and mobile substrate switches. Too many people hurting their other tweaks by playing around with those things. Lol!! But there's an iCleaner Pro the developer released on his personal repo.

I wonder if SBSettings will be asked to get rid of that functionality too... What say you?
    Yeah I got pissed when I saw that until I found his private repo and just downloaded icleaner pro. I understand from a dev management standpoint that others r troubleshooting issues that aren't caused by their tweaks. With that being said, I don't like it. I get the launch daemons but I don't understand the mobile substrate issue. That's my thoughts on it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Yeah I got pissed when I saw that until I found his private repo and just downloaded icleaner pro. I understand from a dev management standpoint that others r troubleshooting issues that aren't caused by their tweaks. With that being said, I don't like it. I get the launch daemons but I don't understand the mobile substrate issue. That's my thoughts on it anyway.
    Yeah. Not even SBSettings has access to the launch daemons. Maybe they'll leave SBSettings alone.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Krima,
    Take a look at my RAM today. Look at all I'm running. So much for the theory about lots of iWidgets being RAM intensive. Lol!! Though I respect Durben's points - I still think the way Drifter wrote any one of his individual elements code uses less resources than a widget with two elements or more being called on.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Krima (03-25-2013)

Not too shabby. I think the widgets matter not just quantity. One CMC widget is like running 10 of drifters. Feels good doesn't it?
    Last edited by Krima; 03-25-2013 at 08:52 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,502 Times in 7,090 Posts

Bad news for A4 users who only rely on cydia to save their SHSH. Those SHSH don't seem to have all the necessary requirements for a successful 6.X stitched firmware restore.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

That's not good so need to use redsnow to save them or TU eh?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Aight ty

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Not too shabby. I think the widgets matter not just quantity. One CMC widget is like running 10 of drifters. Feels good doesn't it?
    Yep. That's what I told Durben once - but he seemed to think that the 'Individual elements' aspect of Drifter's didn't count in the equation. 10 Chevy widgets and 10 Drifter Ind Element widgets calculated the same to Durben. That didn't make sense to me - but he's a coder - I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Bad news for A4 users who only rely on cydia to save their SHSH. Those SHSH don't seem to have all the necessary requirements for a successful 6.X stitched firmware restore.
    Wow. How would you test that? And from my reading. Cydia grabs the exact same thing as the other SHSH saving tweaks. What could be different? Luckily I have mine also saved on TU - and additionally what would need any stitching for at this point? i4 running iOS6?

Thanks

Yep. That's what I told Durben once - but he seemed to think that the 'Individual elements' aspect of Drifter's didn't count in the equation. 10 Chevy widgets and 10 Drifter Ind Element widgets calculated the same to Durben. That didn't make sense to me - but he's a coder - I'm not.

Wow. How would you test that? And from my reading. Cydia grabs the exact same thing as the other SHSH saving tweaks. What could be different? Luckily I have mine also saved on TU - and additionally what would need any stitching for at this point? i4 running iOS6?
    Apparently they aren't the same, they are supposed to be though. Any SHSH that cydia itself saved are missing stuff related to the APtickets. You can read about it all on ih8snow and Musclenerd's twitter timelines. I can personally confirm it as I tried it on mine saved with tiny umbrella and was helping two others with the same things (Mine was a 3GS, theirs iPhone 4). My and a few others brought this to ih8snow's attention when iFaith restores using tiny umbrella saved SHSH from cydia were ending with the device being stuck in DFU after a seemingly successful restore. It seems only SHSH saved with iFaith itself, redsnow or tiny umbrella saved directly from Apple's server at the time of available signing are good. Any SHSH saved by cydia or downloaded with tiny umbrella from Cydia are "bad". Saurik is aware of this now also and they are trying to figure out a way to fix this. Easiest way to tell the difference is comparing SHSH extracted with iFaith from the device itself against SHSH from cydia. You should notice that the cydia SHSH have a smaller file size.

The people that this is important for right now are iPhone 3GS new bootrom, iPhone 4, and iPod Touch 4G owners.

Does iFaith have a Mac version, Simon?

I don't believe so
    So my options to save SHSH "reliable" blobs - if I'm only Mac is?

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,822 Times in 6,753 Posts

Borrow a PC!
    Widget Weather 2.0 App Currently in Public Beta for iOS 8 only!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Borrow a PC!
    LOL!! Wish that were an option. My work PC's are off limits for personal use and we've just never been PC at home. O well. I'll hope for the best... Ironic how saving blobs for an APPLE-only product - has no 'MAC' tool to do the saving. LOL!!! That's hilarious.

Thanks

So my options to save SHSH "reliable" blobs - if I'm only Mac is?
    Redsnow.

And even tiny umbrella. Just make sure tiny umbrella doesn't save any from cydia. Only save them from Apple.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (03-27-2013)

Thanks

Redsnow.

And even tiny umbrella. Just make sure tiny umbrella doesn't save any from cydia. Only save them from Apple.
    Isn't that only the ones that apple is signing?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Isn't that only the ones that apple is signing?
    Yup. Redsnow is able to extract them from the device itself just like ifaith I believe though. Obviously only for the firmware the device is on of course and only A4 or lower.

Thanks

Yup. Redsnow is able to extract them from the device itself just like ifaith I believe though. Obviously only for the firmware the device is on of course and only A4 or lower.
    Yes, A4 and lower. I thought there was a stipulation.

Thanks

+1.

Blobs submitted to Cydia via iFaith or redsn0w's "Fetch" or "New" options are safe though, as far as I am aware.

I'll cough up an ECID and a hash if someone wants to check though...
    Last edited by Orby; 03-27-2013 at 01:15 PM.

Page 13 of 92 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 23 63 ... LastLast