+ Reply
Page 12 of 77 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 22 62 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Great Debate

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Originally Posted by NewdestinyX Nah.. That can't be the reason. Simon's embed videos play, King's don't. ... And I'm pretty sure you're wrong there. Wifi is sufficient to receive all
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,719 Times in 2,133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Nah.. That can't be the reason. Simon's embed videos play, King's don't. ...

And I'm pretty sure you're wrong there. Wifi is sufficient to receive all types of data. I often run my phone in airplane mode (all cellular data off) (to save battery) and Wifi switched on and all my widgets update from yahoo and all web data comes to the phone, bro.
    My post was a complete joke. Remember how it was me that didn't know about the cellular data and my post said that it was common knowledge. I was poking fun at myself.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,549 Times in 3,848 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    My post was a complete joke. Remember how it was me that didn't know about the cellular data and my post said that it was common knowledge. I was poking fun at myself.
    Ah. Sorry, Krima. One of the more "doltish" aspects of my personality is that ever since I was a kid I've never gotten the joke - first. Someone always has to explain it to me. The 'dry-er' the humor (like you dole out)- the harder for me. I'm utterly lost with British humor. I never laugh at a single thing while others are falling on the floor..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

Ah. Sorry, Krima. One of the more "doltish" aspects of my personality is that ever since I was a kid I've never gotten the joke - first. Someone always has to explain it to me. The 'dry-er' the humor (like you dole out)- the harder for me. I'm utterly lost with British humor. I never laugh at a single thing while others are falling on the floor..
    That's sad to hear. If u want a little education on what perfect humor is you should watch the full series Arrested Development. Humor is quick and smart and layers on top of itself with each episode. Amazing.

Oh by the way I looked into that preset issue with battery doctor. So when u select a preset and u change a few things back like brightness and data, you can go back into the app and see that the presets have "Apply Preset" highlighted. Meaning that they aren't active. But I agree, I hope he adds a default switch to revert back to how u had it.
    Last edited by Krima; 03-09-2013 at 08:45 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-09-2013)

Thanks

That's sad to hear. If u want a little education on what perfect humor is you should watch the full series Arrested Development. Humor is quick and smart and layers on top of itself with each episode. Amazing.

Oh by the way I looked into that preset issue with battery doctor. So when u select a preset and u change a few things back like brightness and data, you can go back into the app and see that the presets have "Apply Preset" highlighted. Meaning that they aren't active. But I agree, I hope he adds a default switch to revert back to how u had it.
    Hmm I thought so too until I tested some more.. When you change a setting it prepares ONLY that parameter to be put into action after you hit apply, bro. But it doesn't 'unlock' the other parameters from the last apply hit. I tested this with wifi on or off. Turned it off in that window , didn't hit apply and left window. Still on. I tested it with off too. So bottom line is, as currently implemented you're always running SOME preset.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,794 Times in 3,028 Posts

Hmm I thought so too until I tested some more.. When you change a setting it prepares ONLY that parameter to be put into action after you hit apply, bro. But it doesn't 'unlock' the other parameters from the last apply hit. I tested this with wifi on or off. Turned it off in that window , didn't hit apply and left window. Still on. I tested it with off too. So bottom line is, as currently implemented you're always running SOME preset.
    No you are not! You are incorrect! But Whatever! Believe what you will.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    No you are not! You are incorrect! But Whatever! Believe what you will.
    Please help then, Pinoy. What can I do more than run personal tests and watch for myself. How could it work differently on your phone than mine, bro?

When you go into NC and look at the BattDrPro upper left hand corner. What dies yours say? There are three possible choices. Indoor, outdoor, or alarm. There is no 'off' position.

So I guess I'm confused. Are you saying that it can be saying one of those presets and still not be on?

TIA
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 03-09-2013 at 03:26 PM.

Thanks

Did you read Krimas post?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinoy For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-09-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,084 Times in 5,480 Posts

Did you read Krimas post?
    I hate to say this bro, but I think you misinterpreted krima's post. He meant if you make changes to the indoor settings, lets say, and if you do not hit the apply changes, then the previous settings are used.

When he says "they aren't active" he means the changes that you made are not active. Not that the app isn't active.

Make sense now?
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 03-09-2013 at 06:08 PM.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks

@King- was referring to the bottom portion of this post! It reiterates what i said earlier. If you change a preset manually it is turned off and in the settings a option to re apply the preset appears.

Do this. Just use a preset that doesn't have WIFI on. Then pull down your NC settings and turn WIFI on. Now close NC settings and go directly into the settings through the app. The preset is off and a option to re apply it is highlighted.

Unless its just changing the preset which is possible.
    Last edited by Pinoy; 03-09-2013 at 06:49 PM.

Thanks

@King- was referring to the bottom portion of this post! It reiterates what i said earlier. If you change a preset manually it is turned off and in the settings a option to re apply the preset appears.
    I think I understand what you're saying, Pinoy. I guess my point is this. By way of example - without Indoor, Outdoor or Alarm presets being available to me - I kept everything on - even Bluetooth. Upon installation I now had three options available to me. I chose one. From that point forward there was no option to return to my preferred 'all on' status unless I changed one of the three given presets to turn on all of the toggles.

That's what I mean by the notion that there's always ONE preset applied. This app has no way to disengage its presets and return me to what was immediately prior to my last time I hit APPLY. It needs a default preset or return to all on. Something like that.

That's what I mean....am I wrong?
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 03-09-2013 at 07:03 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Pinoy (03-09-2013)

Thanks

Ok after looking at it closer we are all wrong. If you manually change a preset then it just adds the additional feature to the preset. Then when you go into settings it gives the option to re apply the original preset.

@ Destiny- you are correct and I am wrong. A preset is used all the time.

Thanks

@ Destiny- you are correct and I am wrong. A preset is used all the time.
    Ah ok. Thanks. It needs a default 'all on' preset or something like that.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Pinoy (03-09-2013)

Thanks

Ah ok. Thanks. It needs a default 'all on' preset or something like that.
    Hey Grant i will more thoroughly mod that app but with my limited time today i got rid of the god awful yellow and replaced it with blue. If you'd like ill send.

Thanks

Hey Grant i will more thoroughly mod that app but with my limited time today i got rid of the god awful yellow and replaced it with blue. If you'd like ill send.
    Love it! Thanks, Pinoy. I accept. Pm me, bro. So you're part of Kingsoft's dev team?

Thanks

I think we r all right and all wrong. If I click outdoor and then change a setting that preset is gone but It doesn't mean something is constantly running in the background. I may be wrong but it's not an issue for me. My first thought was that I didn't want this tweak to always be running but I don't think that this is what it is doing. It's basically a shortcut tool for quick settings. U don't have to use this feature.
    Last edited by Krima; 03-09-2013 at 10:37 PM.

Thanks

I emailed the developer to see if he could add a default or revert preset. So I will keep us updated on that. A preset running is no different than when I keep my wifi on all the time. If I decided to call that a preset then it would be but that doesn't mean something is "running" constantly in the background that consumes resources.

I think we r all right and all wrong. If I click outdoor and then change a setting that preset is gone but It doesn't mean something is constantly running in the background. I may be wrong but it's not an issue for me. My first thought was that I didn't want this tweak to always be running but I don't think that this is what it is doing. It's basically a shortcut tool for quick settings. U don't have to use this feature.
    I agree it's a master 'toggler' shortcut machine. If we could make and name our own presets that would be better. Iconoclasm doesn't have a default preset. It stays on whatever you set until you change. It's the fact that you'd have to 'burn' on the presets (indoor outdoor) to be an everything ON preset that bothers me. All on should be the 'non preset' in my opinion. All other presets 'take away' resources. It should have 'all on' and' user default' as two additional presets and it would be complete for me.

And Krima - how do you turn itOFF?? I can't figure that out..

Thanks

What r u trying to turn off?

Thanks

What r u trying to turn off?
    Well 'you' said in your last post that you keep it 'off'. I was wondering how you accomplished that since, if you've EVER cliked on a preset - that preset is 'engaged' UNTIL you go into settings and make changes yourself or hit another preset.

But as I was staring at a wall today and puzzling over this - it occured to me (aha! moment for me - but maybe this is what Pinoy was trying to explain to me) that a TOGGLING piece of software - is JUST that. It TOGGLES. It has the ability to 'switch on or off' a set of parameters - and then LEAVE THEM ALONE. There is no 'turning off' of a toggling software. Even a USER DEFAULT or ORIGINAL DEFAULT setting we'd ask the developer to add would simple be doing another round of 'toggling' of Settings switched. Right? I think that's where I may be getting 'off' in my thinking.

I think it's asking too much for a tweak to remember the settings that were on BEFORE you ever engaged the Outdoor, Indoor or Sleep presets and by using a master OFF switch - would return your phone to where it was before you ever hit a preset button.

Am I thinking more in the right direction now?

(So what I did is set 'Indoor' to be the fullest setting "I" ever use. And Outdoor to be THAT + turn off Wifi. That works for my needs)

Thanks

Well 'you' said in your last post that you keep it 'off'. I was wondering how you accomplished that since, if you've EVER cliked on a preset - that preset is 'engaged' UNTIL you go into settings and make changes yourself or hit another preset.

But as I was staring at a wall today and puzzling over this - it occured to me (aha! moment for me - but maybe this is what Pinoy was trying to explain to me) that a TOGGLING piece of software - is JUST that. It TOGGLES. It has the ability to 'switch on or off' a set of parameters - and then LEAVE THEM ALONE. There is no 'turning off' of a toggling software. Even a USER DEFAULT or ORIGINAL DEFAULT setting we'd ask the developer to add would simple be doing another round of 'toggling' of Settings switched. Right? I think that's where I may be getting 'off' in my thinking.

I think it's asking too much for a tweak to remember the settings that were on BEFORE you ever engaged the Outdoor, Indoor or Sleep presets and by using a master OFF switch - would return your phone to where it was before you ever hit a preset button.

Am I thinking more in the right direction now?

(So what I did is set 'Indoor' to be the fullest setting "I" ever use. And Outdoor to be THAT + turn off Wifi. That works for my needs)
    That's exactly right. That's what Pinoy and I tried to explain but we did it poorly I think. When I said that if u had wifi on u can call that a preset if u want. U set one preset as u normally use your phone and the other presets as a battery saving preset. And this is why this thread is called The Great Debate. All meaningful topics here. Lol

Thanks

Krima,
    Did you read the update notes on iCleaner in Cydia today? Just as was asked of Springtomize, BigBoss asked the developer of iCleaner to get rid of the daemons and mobile substrate switches. Too many people hurting their other tweaks by playing around with those things. Lol!! But there's an iCleaner Pro the developer released on his personal repo.

I wonder if SBSettings will be asked to get rid of that functionality too... What say you?