Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Calculating Internet Data - Support, please?

Default Calculating Internet Data - Support, please?
    I recently purchased a mobile hotspot and wondering of random approximate, how much internet data is being used when my device is on sleep mode, if any. As technically, connections, unless disabled, still transfer, such as push notifications and mail. I've always ever had unlimited data except now.

I'm aware of this category not being for support. However, It's for chit chat. And chit chatting I am. If another user chooses to comment, they are free to do so. Additionally, a lot of forums speak of users not posting in the correct categories, while not giving the users the correct categories to post. I was going to post in the general iphone category, however, It's only for news. My topic is not for apps or modding, so, I cannot post their either. Chit Chatting is the only category left I feel suited for my topic.
    Last edited by XauroraRAIN; 09-25-2012 at 05:38 PM.

Thanks

I'd imagine such an amount transferred when not actively using the device may be measured in kilobytes per week, perhaps three or four megabytes in a month, maximum. This is merely an estimation though.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

XauroraRAIN (09-26-2012)

Thank you. A random estimate was all I wanted.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Agent929's Avatar
    Thanks

I you don't have 3rd party apps sucking down data then you probably use just a few kilobytes per night.
    War is my mission. Killing is my ambition.

Mostly just Mail, however, I have lots of email address added. I guess I could disable notifications for other apps and use fetch instead of push for Mail. Thank you for replying.