+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New iPhone launch plans 2012?

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Anyone got plans for the new iPhone launch day? I'm going to wait all night in line at my local AT&T and tell them to give me the phone on
    Thanks

Default New iPhone launch plans 2012?
    Anyone got plans for the new iPhone launch day?

I'm going to wait all night in line at my local AT&T and tell them to give me the phone on contract price or lose my business. I have been on contract for less than a year so I am not even close to eligible obviously. If they don't want to give me the new phone and have me recommit I will pay the disconnect fee and just put my good ole' i4 on straight talk and literally cut my bill in half and wait for JB before buying unlocked new iPhone.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

I'll be waiting for a jailbreak most likely. I can't stand iDevices without jailbreak, I always feel the need to mod them up.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Ill just walk into work and be the first one to buy one
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I'm waiting for my contract to expire (which is closer to December this year) so I can get discounted pricing. So day one of the launch, I'll be jealously watching others who bought it.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

I'll be one of them Annie

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I'll be stalking your house.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    I'll call the cops
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Hmmm no comment

Thanks
    Thanked 9,525 Times in 5,846 Posts

Me, as soon as a factory unlocked model is released I will be buying it for sure.

Thanks

it will be probably be late october

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    I can wait, don't want to......boo hoo

Thanks

Unless Cricket gets it right out of the gate and doesn't lock the GSM part of the phone at all, like they do with the 4S.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

Have event invites been sent yet?

Thanks

No they haven't.
    And Orby to you really think carriers such as cricket and virgin mobile are going to get the new iPhone right out of the gate? Highly doubtful

Thanks

No they haven't.
    And Orby to you really think carriers such as cricket and virgin mobile are going to get the new iPhone right out of the gate? Highly doubtful
    Actually, it's not a terribly crazy proposition.

Virgin Mobile USA is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sprint. Sprint probably will get the new iPhone out of the gate, so it's not a far cry to see VMUS get some of the stash.
    Cricket, on the other hand, is a longer shot. Point conceded.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

Cowboy (08-25-2012)

Thanks

Here is my take Apple focus on launch is going to be to take care of the Big carriers At&t, Verizon, and Sprint. That is where they are going to gain the most profit and have the most demand. I think you may see the other "Prepaid" carriers get the phone a month or so down the line once all the huge orders have been filled. I see factory unlocked and prepaid coming at the same time.

On top of that if the rumor is true about the lcd hiccup on the new iphone then it backs up my educated guess just a bit more.

And another thought I don't know if there is such thing as a corporate cricket store or virgin mobile never seen one they are all franchises here. So wouldn't that make distribution extremely difficult I mean hell AT&T only gets the phone max 2 days before launch but it's usually late day the day before
    Last edited by Cowboy; 08-25-2012 at 04:36 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

Orby (08-25-2012)

Thanks

Here is my take Apple focus on launch is going to be to take care of the Big carriers At&t, Verizon, and Sprint. That is where they are going to gain the most profit and have the most demand. I think you may see the other "Prepaid" carriers get the phone a month or so down the line once all the huge orders have been filled. I see factory unlocked and prepaid coming at the same time.

On top of that if the rumor is true about the lcd hiccup on the new iphone then it backs up my educated guess just a bit more.

And another thought I don't know if there is such thing as a corporate cricket store or virgin mobile never seen one they are all franchises here. So wouldn't that make distribution extremely difficult I mean hell AT&T only gets the phone max 2 days before launch but it's usually late day the day before
    Apple's getting $650 a unit (16GB only, for purposes of this hypothetical) no matter who they sell it to. The profits from Apple's perspective are the same regardless of if they're purchased subsidized by AT&T/VZW/Sprint ($199 customer/~$450 carrier subsidy), Cricket ($450 customer/~$200 carrier), or VMUS/unlocked ($650 customer).

Apple may have "most favored nation" clauses baked into their distribution deals with Verizon/ATT/Sprint that gives them the best or first cuts of supply (which probably also explains why you can walk into an Apple retail store and buy an iPhone with the Big Three, but not anyone else). This favoritism in supply towards the larger carriers may be further exacerbated by such component shortages (fewer non-allocated phones to go around).

Mobile stores receiving new stock at launch doesn't seem to be a major factor--as many third-party stores (e.g., Best Buy, Wal-Mart, RadioShack) have received day-and-date supply of new iPhones on the last few product launches through the same drop shipment system as the corporate carrier (and Apple retail) stores. Again, all assuming they have iPhones to sell that Apple isn't holding for themselves or distributing to its big carriers to fulfill contractual obligations.

Thanks

You do make a good point apple is going to get their money no matter what carrier, and i also think there probably something in the clauses. What it says i am not sure but i am sure there is something in it.
    As far distribution is concerned i do see a problem the 3rd party stores you listed i believe are all corporately own. I never have seen a franchised Walmart or Bestbuy thats for sure. Its easier for the 3rd parties you listed to get stock at launch because they each probably have one main distribution center that makes sure they get them out to the appropriate stores at launch.

With "Cricket" for example they are a franchise and i can name 3 around here that are all owned by different companies or people. They have similar inventory but not exactly the same. One may have a certain phone and the other 2 dont. Now i am not certain where and how they get their inventory but i doubt its from the same places. This makes it harder for them to truly do "pre-orders" or even "Launch events"
    Not saying its impossible but highly unlikely that each franchised company is quick enough or even popular enough to get the phones on launch day.

We both could be totally wrong but who really knows Apple is full of secrets we been lucky enough to crack a few of them but you know they have to have a few dozen more up their sleeves lol

Thanks
    Thanked 14,784 Times in 6,877 Posts

If no unlocked one right off the bat in the US I will be importing my unlocked one from the UK right away like I did last year. Nice to have family in London

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    If no unlocked one right off the bat in the US I will be importing my unlocked one from the UK right away like I did last year. Nice to have family in London
    Hook a sister up?