+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New iPhone launch plans 2012?

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Originally Posted by Simon If no unlocked one right off the bat in the US I will be importing my unlocked one from the UK right away like I did
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    If no unlocked one right off the bat in the US I will be importing my unlocked one from the UK right away like I did last year. Nice to have family in London
    If they weren't ~25% more expensive than their US counterparts, I'd consider asking you to snag one for me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    You do make a good point apple is going to get their money no matter what carrier, and i also think there probably something in the clauses. What it says i am not sure but i am sure there is something in it.
    As far distribution is concerned i do see a problem the 3rd party stores you listed i believe are all corporately own. I never have seen a franchised Walmart or Bestbuy thats for sure. Its easier for the 3rd parties you listed to get stock at launch because they each probably have one main distribution center that makes sure they get them out to the appropriate stores at launch.

With "Cricket" for example they are a franchise and i can name 3 around here that are all owned by different companies or people. They have similar inventory but not exactly the same. One may have a certain phone and the other 2 dont. Now i am not certain where and how they get their inventory but i doubt its from the same places. This makes it harder for them to truly do "pre-orders" or even "Launch events"
    Not saying its impossible but highly unlikely that each franchised company is quick enough or even popular enough to get the phones on launch day.

We both could be totally wrong but who really knows Apple is full of secrets we been lucky enough to crack a few of them but you know they have to have a few dozen more up their sleeves lol
    I'm guessing Apple doesn't give their brand-spanking-new phones to anybody other than their shipping partner (FedEx usually) for distribution to stores. They most likely get shipped in sealed boxes or pallets to their destination facilities, not to be opened until launch day.

It makes logistics a lot easier on Apple's end (they ship these phones straight from the factories in China usually), while helping to ensure product security and availability levels at each store. I imagine Cricket's HQ has a list of the franchised locations and would provide Apple with a list of addresses to ship the phones to (assuming they don't distribute this way with 4/4S units currently).

Unlike all other phones, which probably are purchased by the carrier or franchisee at wholesale and they sort it out themselves, iPhones are special. Apple controls their inventory with an iron fist...

Thanks
    Thanked 14,785 Times in 6,878 Posts

Lol, sorry. Can't ask relative (wife's aunt) to start shipping phones all over the place. I think apple limits purchases to two per person at launch too right?

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    If they weren't ~25% more expensive than their US counterparts, I'd consider asking you to snag one for me lol.
    Yup, UK ones are always a bit more expensive than their US counterparts. I think I paid in the range of $1300 last year for my launch day 4S. I can't help myself. Need it ASAP, no matter the cost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Lol, sorry. Can't ask relative (wife's aunt) to start shipping phones all over the place. I think apple limits purchases to two per person at launch too right?
    I think that's an "all-the-time" thing...

Thanks
    Thanked 14,785 Times in 6,878 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I think that's an "all-the-time" thing...
    Is it? Well that sux. Only need two anyway. One for me and one for my sister.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Idk because I have sold 5 to one person after launch once inventory levels are high
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

I got 3 4s's on launch day

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

I know on launch day i can only sell one per person.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12