Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: samsung Galaxy s3 review

Default samsung Galaxy s3 review
    now i know you all are thinking WTF... but read it then criticize

samsung galaxy III (gs3) review - Day 1

pros: new phone, bigger screen, smoother operation from the other android phones ive used (stock, non-rooted) cheaper than a 4s at sams club

cons: too wide ( ya ya twss) almost uncomfortable to hold and use with one hand. No i dont have small hands, ive been told this a few times

reception sucks - comparing to my previous ip4, a 4s and a blackberry 9900 the gs3 definitely gets a weaker signal.

camera quality, while nice at 8mp, it doesnt do light readings very well, yes i know how to use the app and move it from center weighted to spot, it didnt change a thing.

texting - again while smooth to the most part, again not as intuitive as apples. Sure there are more bells and whistles, but simple things like typing "ya" spits out YAHOO, so i turn predictive text off, and "ya" always gets capitalized to YA...really? and they say its supposed to be learning as you use it...BS!

no visual voicemail - how do people live without this?

internet speeds - my ip4 was faster on the net, the gs3 does process things faster on Wifi(sometimes) but i have clocked them side by side over and over again, and the gs3 just doesnt process wifi as well max @ 11Mb with the ip4 averaging 15Mb. 4g is also a joke, ive known this since i use my bb9900 for a lot of email (work) ive pings it when on 4g and the most ive been able to get is 4Mb, again same place as the ip4 has maxxed out at 6Mb

those are it so far - im going to keep the phone at least 15 days so that i can get used to is and report back with anymore pro's that i can find about the phone.

but so far ip4s>ip4>gs3=bb9900

Thanks

Sounds a little biased but definitely a great review. Thanks for the heads up

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I would love to test drive a GS3 some time, just to verify your review lol. I have firm belief that Apple has great mobile hardware and software, but I never speak on it because I actually never have owned an Android mobile device before. I would love to own one to say I have had both and be able to give an accurate opinion based on experience, but it's so hard to do that with the new iPhone coming out later this year lol. It's also hard because I can speak out what I will miss from iOS.

As for your review, I feel like it's biased too lol. We are on an Apple forum with Apple users. I want to believe your review but at the same time I want to test drive the GS3 too haha.

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

I love my S3. It's actually what I'm typing this on. I've no issue holding it with one hand. Definitely enjoy it over my iPhone 4. And you teach the keyboard to the words by tapping on it in the suggestions pane. I get miles better reception on it than my iPhone 4. The camera is the best phone camera I've ever seen. And visual voice mail? Who uses voice mail still?

The S3 is a way overrated device if you want an android on Att the htc OneX is 10X better and feels a lot better in the hand.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

I am not a fan of HTC phones. You would think a Taiwanese girl would rep a Taiwanese company like HTC lol, but no I don't like them. The hardware isn't built as solid and sturdy as an iPhone. I set my HTC HD2 on my sink which was just a tiny bit wet and I didn't know it, next think you know it's completely water damaged and unusable. Dropped my iPhone in a big puddle outside and it still works lol.

Haha it was a windows phone so it was going to suck no matter what brand. Trust me the one series htc's are legit. OneX especially is nice. I thought about dropping my iPhone and buyin one but decided against it lol
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

But I am not talking about the software lol! Let me know how it goes letting go of your iPhone if that ever happens haha. Anyhow, I just don't like the way any other phone is built. If there is an Android smartphone out there that's built as gorgeous and tough as an iPhone, I'm game to try it.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Ya I don't see me ever gitting rid of my iPhone. Just don't like the droids setups yuck

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    The S3 is a way overrated device
    +1