Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No easy way to view updated topics (error msg)

Default No easy way to view updated topics (error msg)
    I'm trying to find a way to quickly see my posts in order to see if those threads were updated. A lot of these types of forums sites have a "User CP" where you can go and view all of your subscriptions to see if topics were updated since your last visit. I tried to find this and couldn't, so I clicked my username in the top right to go to my profile.

In my profile on the left hand side there's a Find Latest Posts link. Sounds kind of like what I'm looking for. However if I click on it I get this error:

vB_Legacy_CurrentUser does not have a field 'userid' on line 40 in /home/mmi/public_html/vb/legacy/dataobject.php
    #0 /home/mmi/public_html/vb/legacy/user.php(128): vB_Legacy_Dataobject->get_field('userid')
    #1 /home/mmi/public_html/vb/legacy/currentuser.php(89): vB_Legacy_User->isGuest()
    #2 /home/mmi/public_html/vb/search/searchtools.php(349): vB_Legacy_CurrentUser->getSearchPrefs()
    #3 /home/mmi/public_html/search.php(206): vB_Search_Searchtools::searchIntroFetchPrefs(Objec t(vB_Legacy_CurrentUser), '1')
    #4 /home/mmi/public_html/vbseo.php(1397): require('/home/mmi/publi...')
    #5 {main}

Fatal error: vB_Legacy_CurrentUser does not have a field 'userid' on line 40 in [path]/vb/legacy/dataobject.php in [path]/vb/vb.php on line 287

Also on that page there is a New Posts link that does the same thing.

Now that I'm going through this as I'm typing... I did just find what I'm looking for, buried in this path:
    Click on user name in upper right. Click on Private Messages in blue nav bar at top. Click on My Subscriptions in left hand navigation.

Anyway, that being said, I wanted to bring the above error to the site dev's attention. This is a great site and I know there's a lot of good stuff here, so I wasn't sure if this was a known issue or something that's being worked on.

Thanks!

It's known that the search related functions dont work and being worked on.

Yeah the search doesn't work at all like you said. Here's a workaround for anyone who stumbles upon this thread.

Head over to google and in the search bar type site:modmyi.com then your search phrase. It seems to find stuff posts AND news.