+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Browsers are becoming a pain in the rear!!!

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
I switched many years ago to FF because IE was just a mess and ran slow. Recently I TRIED to switch to Chrome but it seems I run into issues
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default Browsers are becoming a pain in the rear!!!
    I switched many years ago to FF because IE was just a mess and ran slow. Recently I TRIED to switch to Chrome but it seems I run into issues all the time with pages not functioning correctly or it just doesn't display all the content of the page at times. So I now find myself TRYING to go back to FF but it's becoming a joke. Seems like there is a update to install almost once a week.

What do you think? What browser do you use?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Safari

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,063 Times in 4,205 Posts

^^^+1

iPhone? More like MyPhone thekirbylover's Avatar
    Thanks

I use the dev version of Chrome, which is great for both seeing new features before the others and testing if my sites will work the same in the future.
    I dunno what went wrong with your Chrome, but I've never had any rendering problems since I first used version 2 (not dev version) in 2008.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

@thekirbylover

I have issues with movies loading. Youtube alone takes longer to stream. I've tested this on my windows desktop, macbook, work computer. Same results. Another thing for example is the submit button on Pizza Huts website when I try to place a order does not respond in Chrome.

Just some examples that I can think of off hand.

@Cer0

Do you use Safari because you are a Apple user only? Just curious.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Because it has been the best to use for me on my Mac. I use IE at work because we have too, otherwise I would use FF.

Opera was pretty good to, haven't used it for a while though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chad711 View Post
    @thekirbylover

I have issues with movies loading. Youtube alone takes longer to stream. I've tested this on my windows desktop, macbook, work computer. Same results. Another thing for example is the submit button on Pizza Huts website when I try to place a order does not respond in Chrome.

Just some examples that I can think of off hand.
    For YouTube, it seems to be faster for me when the HTML5 player is enabled: YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
    But otherwise, I haven't seen Chrome be slow when loading videos, except for on really slow computers, which I've noticed to start “not responding” every now and then.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

I am using Chrome and have not had the problems you are talking about. I love it myself and what I like best about it is you can do a search in the address bar!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks

I still rock FF, though I don't understand how they've gone through five major revisions in as many months...

-shrug- Ah well.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    I am using Chrome and have not had the problems you are talking about. I love it myself and what I like best about it is you can do a search in the address bar!
    yup I love that feature as well. Matter fact I installed a addon on FF for that because I rely on it now!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chad711 For This Useful Post:

thetoothfairy (11-16-2011)

Thanks

Since I switched to a MacBook, I started using Safari, and was like, hmm this isn't so bad. Then 5.0 came out with the Reading List feature, which syncs with iCloud (and my Mac) and it made it much betta. Lol. Before all of this, I was a diehard FF user, tweaked out to my liking, and loved it. I have tried FF on my Mac, not impressed, especially the fact that there is no browser that can sync my FF bookmarks and/or tabs.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    I have tried FF on my Mac, not impressed, especially the fact that there is no browser that can sync my FF bookmarks and/or tabs.
    Did you try Xmarks? Firefox and IE versions are good, haven't tried it in Safari, but the Chrome version seems to always make duplicates of my bookmarks.

Thanks

which is great for both seeing new features before the others and testing if my sites will work the same in the future.
    A lot of them are used for things like mathematical modelling of climate change, objects in space moving around another etc.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thekirbylover View Post
    Did you try Xmarks? Firefox and IE versions are good, haven't tried it in Safari, but the Chrome version seems to always make duplicates of my bookmarks.
    I love Xmarks, it worked so well between my EEE PC 900 and my wife's Lappy. Their "iOS support" is a web app- not impressed. At least Firefox home offered a way to sync bookmarks and open tabs between devices, but again, it is not what I want... I know I am too picky, but Apple actually came through for me on this one.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix